Persona 5 is six years old this year. Now, that the dust has settled, was it a good Persona entry...

Persona 5 is six years old this year. Now, that the dust has settled, was it a good Persona entry? Was it a good jRPG at all? Was it a good game?

Attached: purse owner five.jpg (1200x900, 585.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvX5H58jK54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No
4 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

I bought it 4 years ago. I still haven't played it

I liked it.

>Persona 5 is six years old this year.
Ha ha, funny joke.

Atlus' best game to date. Best combat, best graphics, best dungeons, best everything.

Yes, it's a great game and the best Persona.

I get the appeal, but were the dungeons really better than in Etrian?

yes only neckbeard try hards hate it

How merciless that merciless difficulty really is? I reckon there's no point touching it on your first playthrough.

Merciless is much easier than Hard since the 3x modifier applies to you as well and you get double EXP and leveling faster more than demolishes bosses who you can't get weakness exploits on.

Replayed it recently. It's a solid 7/10 with Royal, but no more.
Style and presentation are a series best, maybe even of the genre. But it has probably the weakest plot of any Persona game, and the writing itself is usually mind-numbingly repetitious and early 2000s "it can't be helped" tier.

Attached: 20211116_151142.jpg (480x360, 28.26K)

Lol the writing quality is the same as every other Persona game. That's just a dumb meme response contrarians started to justify hating on the game.

I'd say it's all those things. My only real issues with it, at least if we're talking about Royal, is that it's too easy and it can sometimes be overbearing with the dialogue and the game can drag. I don't actually mind the text messages, which I know a lot of people don't like, but I just mean there are some prolonged story moments like in between Sae's Palace and Shido's when there's loads of exposition, and at the start of the game before you get into the regular flow of things. When the balance between dungeon crawling and daily life stuff is good the game can be really addicting, but when it overdoes it the story it can be a slog. I would say it could be a slog if it overdid it with the dungeon crawling too, but I don't think it ever does that.

Then explain why that was how I felt when I played the game on release, dumbass
Persona 4 had its fair share of asspulls and fakeout deaths, but its themes were much more consistent and focused. Persona 5 can't decide if it's about Justice, Freedom, Rumors, Institutional power or the power of friendship, so it tries a bit of everything, making it unfocused and unsatisfying.
Not to mention on a moment-to-moment basis it's just straight up worse, with an overabundance of stock phrases and text conversations that reiterate the plot every 5 minutes or so.

Took a break at the space station dungeon 5 years ago, never picked up again.

>writing quality is the same as every other Persona game.
Nigga they had the people whose parents get fucking murked by the villian start sympathizing with the dude. As if it wasn't his plan to get you all killed in the first place.

In P4, you had an argument with your party to not murder a guy who could have potentially done it.

>Nigga they had the people whose parents get fucking murked by the villian start sympathizing with the dude. As if it wasn't his plan to get you all killed in the first place.

Damn that's awful. Oh wait that's been happening since Persona fucking 1. Akechi in particular was inspired by Jun from P2 who started a death cult and kills your party members friends but they still pal around with him after he gets a full redemption. Akechi doesn't even get that much, they feel sorry for him and then he dies protecting you

gay girls

Attached: 20220606_174731.jpg (744x1052, 251.28K)

They also still pal around with Akechi.
youtube.com/watch?v=xvX5H58jK54

HE WAS THE COOLEST GUY

One of the best jrpgs ever made. Especially with royal

Visual style was very enjoyable, and it had easily the best combat UI of any Persona game. Dungeons were generally improvements on previous entries. Variety of romance options was nice, although not a big selling point. Plot and story were absolutely retarded and the worst part of the game. Overall, a solid game, and I'd give it an 8/10.

In Royal, which is bogus in general, but they still constantly remind you they don't forgive him and are just working together out of necessity.

Jun literally becomes everyone's best friend again while Eikichi and Lisa's friends fade to dust.

i've played 3 4 and 5 and 5 was definitely my favorite. the music, presentation and visuals all did it for me, and the gameplay was as smooth as it's ever been. i like em all tho

It’s pretty good otherwise, but it has some utterly retarded plot arcs (the mafia extortion thing with Makoto, Morgana’s tantrum…), and the original version ending is pretty unsatisfying. Royal at least makes the end a lot better, even though it too has its issues with forcing Sumire too hard down your throat.

I agree

>constantly remind you
I will admit that it's there but it's incredibly easy to miss. Hell, Akechi had just betrayed them maybe a m onth ago and they were so quick to accept him back into the group. I get that they need his powers but there was literally no tension.
Never played 1 so I don't understand the context.

Don’t forget the problems with writing, like everyone else fellating Makoto for being WHOOOA SO SMART STRATEGIST despite doing nothing to earn that reputation.

You're talking to someone that doesn't play dungeon crawlers.

Jun is from 2, he's the original Joker (and the original Crow as a Phoenix Ranger for that matter). Kandori is the sympathetic mass murderer from 1 but he doesn't become a party member.

It was my first Persona and I liked it, but holy shit that late game dragged on for way too long.

Also give me the option to romance the two blatantly obvious homos

Attached: persona_5___foreshadowing_by_miyukiko-dawad65.jpg (700x1036, 332.96K)

>Then explain why that was how I felt when I played the game on release, dumbass
>Persona 3 had its fair share of asspulls and fakeout deaths, but its themes were much more consistent and focused. Persona 4 can't decide if it's about Justice, Truth, Rumors, Institutional power or the power of friendship, so it tries a bit of everything, making it unfocused and unsatisfying.
>Not to mention on a moment-to-moment basis it's just straight up worse, with an overabundance of stock phrases and junes conversations that reiterate the plot every 5 minutes or so.

Can you actually date that 14 year old stinky ginger bitch in the game?