This game is unironically art

Sure the game has some of the best combat and probably the best 1v1 combat but no one talks about the experience of playing it as a whole. It's genuinely probably the best Japanese mythology/history game ever. You fight the entire canon of Japan's culture, Tokichiro's arc is unironically 10/10 and the game has incredibly beautiful areas. Soulsfags (which I a huge one btw) don't have a leg to stand on when they dismiss this game for not having a worthwhile experience and is just combat. There is attention to detail and soul in almost every aspect. The only really problem is that loot isn't my thing.

Attached: 48593864851_f118ff0173_k.jpg (1449x2048, 521.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/157
nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/244/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your contrarianism is reaching critical levels.

How is it contrarian? I don't see how this doesn't do for Japanese mythology what Dark Souls does for dark fantasy or Bloodborne does for gothic lovecraft. I went into the game expecting to be boring outside of the combat but the actual experience as a whole is really strong.

Falseflagging has reached critical mass

>liking popular game is contrarian

Loot isn't a problem once you get to ng+ or ng++ and find an armor set that fits your playstyle then all loot gets dissasembled or sold and you upgrade your gear with higher level gear.
Gear on a first playthrough actually sucks though there's no getting around it.

kys weeb

Nioh 2 is excellent, yes, don't forget these mods to reduce and clear up the excessive particle effects:
nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/157
nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/244/

Definitive version of Nioh 2 is on PC at 4K 120FPS + these mods.

Attached: Excellence.jpg (1220x1820, 716.33K)

Attached: Scampuss Party.png (1385x745, 2.6M)

Cutest thing in the game.

OP meant the loot system as a whole, not the problem getting god tier loot.

It has decent combat but everything else is pretty much shit. Level design, art direction, music and especially the story, characters and lore are complete shit.

>2 button fromsoft trash

Diablo loot ruins it for me

I fucking wish the PC version of Nioh 2 was as good as you make it out to be. The problem is that they chose to port the PS4 version while ignoring the PS5 upgrades. On PS5 you get far better LOD distance and faster load times (though loading is generally quite fast anyway) and Dualsense support.

nioh 3 when

I can't decide between axes or katana ps help

Fistbros, ww@?

Right here my nigga

>sell all
>disassemble all
>donate all
Sorted.

axe = more damage, big range, slow
katana = less damage, low range, fast

Katana if you like to do cool parries and iai slash everything.
Big Axe if you like being slow and spin2win.
2Axe if you're not sure what you want from a weapon, but like to have a little bit of everything.

never take a hiatus from playing this game because it will kick your ass if you ever dare being rusty at it

I wish Niohfags would one day make a thread about their game that doesn't involve seething about fromsoft.

I guess, in a way. It's almost an artform how every single design decision they made is bad and they didn't fix any of the numerous and oft-critiqued issues of the first game. It's like they set out to make a cash-in with the lowest creative effort and they did it. It even has time travel. There's a beauty to it I suppose but it's no wonder the first game sold faster.

>join Toyo clan
>equip Extraction + Pleiades + elemental spirits
>put another element on weapon
>equip all cores with anima/amrita/confusion bonus (especially Kasha)
>game becomes a joke
I imagine this won't work in higher NG+ and might even create bad habits, but damn it's fun to be unkillable.