Tokyo Jungle turns 10 years old

Is this game good? Just got reminded of it because of its anniversary. Was interested back in the day but never got around to it. Have you played it? What do you think of TJ?

Attached: IMG_20220607_120328.jpg (1771x2053, 974.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nopaystation.com/search?query=Tokyo Jungle&limit=10&orderBy=completionDate&sort=DESC&missing=Show
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

seconded

it's interesting and unique
you either love it or not

great game really needs a rerelease fuck id love to play this co-op online

It's a fun arcade game, getting to survive 100+ years requires careful planning and skill

It's a lot of fun but you gotta get involved in it hard because the lists for each animal are heavily luck based if you want to complete them and so many animals are pretty rough to deal with compared to any predators. Surviving past 100 years is also sort of a difficult challenge because edible resources stop existing and you need to start doing very planned out routes to get items.

Attached: 1399107390169.jpg (393x1441, 81.17K)

Its sad that with Japan Studios gone, it'll likely never get a remaster. The 10th anniversary would have been a great moment to do that. Also, didn't the game do actually really well in japan? I kinda remember that being the case, never understood why Sony half assed the western release so much compared to other Japan Studio games

I just downloaded this game two days ago after randomly feeling the urge to play it again and now I find out it's the tenth anniversary. I think the Jungle was calling to me. Anyway yes it's a great game but it's not for everybody. It won't hold your hand and just surviving becomes a fucking nightmare pretty quickly. It's got a lot of charm, a steep difficulty curve and it's addictive.

The only catch is I can't find the DLC for RPCS3 so I've been unable to play as my alligator bro.

I have never played it but always wanted to.
Does it emulate well?

In my experience (so far) yes it does. I'm using a 2070 with a Ryzen 3900x so it's hardly a beast, but other than the initial shader caching it's been smooth sailing with the occasional hiccup. No crashes, no softlocks, no garbled audio.

Interesting. May finally give it a go.

Was the game's dlc just other species or did it add anything else? I didnt even know it had dlc desu

just look for alvro archive 1ficher for all dlcs. tested on real psp works fine all specimens and items.

I only know of 'more species' DLC. The worst part is you can see the additional animals in the character select screen but it tells you to fuck off to the PSN store when you try to choose them.

Other species, reskins, and clothing like Patapon, Ape Escape, and Loco Roco bits you could stick on your animal.

Attached: Kulche.png (225x161, 66.23K)

Bros... I miss Japan Studios so much they did the most charming, unique, quality games at PS. Loved Gravity Rush, the Team Ico games, Tokyo Jungle, Patapon. Now its all gone

you can blame tlou1 for that.

nopaystation.com/search?query=Tokyo Jungle&limit=10&orderBy=completionDate&sort=DESC&missing=Show

Here's the DLC for anyone who wants it. They are version specific, obviously, so figure the rest out for yourselves.

Awesome, I'll give it a shot and head back in to the jungle today in honour of this event.

Enjoy bro.

That might be my favourite game cover of all time.