I had no idea Duckstation was this good. It's a shame the dev stopped working on it. For what I heard...

I had no idea Duckstation was this good. It's a shame the dev stopped working on it. For what I heard, this dude came out of nowhere, BTFOd every single PS1 emulator out there and left.

Attached: duckstation-nogui-x64-ReleaseLTCG 2022-06-07 06-19-47.png (1920x1080, 3.17M)

I'm using the PCSX rearmed core on retroarch.
does anyone have experience with the duckstation core on retroarch, is there any imparity with the standalone version? (like their dolphin core)

>It's a shame the dev stopped working on it.
qrd?
his github looks active to me, did he quit recently?

I'M ALREADY AT FULL HEALTH

He's "quit forever" like 3 times now.

Quality is the same. Please let PCSX die already.

>Surf the web
>Surf the web
I missed that Venom

would like to know this too, if it doesn't have a retroarch core i dont care about it. standalones are too much of a hassle.

I'm asking because I've heard good things about duckstation, I'm just wondering if the quality of the retroarch core is up to snuff with the standalone version.
because cores such as the dolphin core aren't up-to-date with their retroarch counterparts

What's so good about it? I've always used epsxe and have never had a single problem and all my games look great. Is this a phone peasant emulation thing?

he was also responsible for bringing the vulcan API to PCSX2
dude's a monster

Attached: Alessia-Cara-2020-pr-cr-Olivia-Aita-billboard-1548-1596571783-compressed.jpg (1548x1024, 398.81K)

>I NEED TO PUT THIS BOMB IN A... *SAFE* PLACE

I just use Beetle HW on Retroarch and nobody has yet managed to tell what makes one better than the other

with 5th gen and earlier there isn't really much reason to use one emulator over another except gimmick features like filters/achievements/themes, if epsxe does everything you need there's no reason to switch unless you're running on a machine from 20 years ago that benefits from the slight performance differences.

you can use the same filters from retroarch on duckstation if you use reshade but otherwise it''s just about the features and functionality
retroarch is only good for everything else but 6th gen

>filters
>reshade
Do people really?
>captcha is kys

Attached: 1646497786867.png (387x397, 35.54K)

>BTFOd every single PS1 emulator out there and left.

He just ripped off Mednafen's PS1 code, Mednafen had already perfected PS1 emulation many eons ago.

epsxe is very outdated

ePSXe is garbage, its about as outdated at this point as ZSNES was in 2014 when bsnes came out.

Attached: Yippee Ki Yay.webm (1150x718, 2.79M)

Nice non answers, can you actually list a single thing duckstation does better?

I'll base my opinion on the belief that Duckstation actually ripped of Beetle PSX core since i never tried it
-its way more accurate
-its not plugin based aka it just werks
-its still being updated (i think, else just use Beetle PSX)

epsxe was largely ababdoned for many years, having lower compatibility, less features and more graphical glitches than all the other emulators
it restarted development a few years ago and is now somewhat on par with pcsx, which itself is a pretty old and outdated emulator
that said, both epsxe and pcsx rearmed have a small viable niche, that is emulating on extremely old android phobes, because they are very optimized for performance
if you care about accuracy you should go for beetle psx hw, or duckstation if you are lazy and want something that just werks

I think 8 and 16 bit games look a lot better in motion if you have a scanline filter.