Rip off Castlevania blatantly

>Rip off Castlevania blatantly
>Make it 3D and remove the story
>???
>Greatest franchise of all time apparently
Is it this easy?

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (220x284, 25.29K)

Dark Souls is ALMOST "the good 3D castlevania"
But the problem is that Castlevania is supposed to be spooky campy stupid halloween shit. That's not what Dark Souls is, and the game wouldn't work as well if that was what it is.

"Simon's Quest" is the greatest Souls game.

no-no, he riped-off berserk, Mario 64, HoMM2, bible, demiurgs, The Demiurg and also my mom.

>Rip off Castlevania blatantly
>Make it 3D
That's a pretty big change

>remove the story
Do you skip cutscenes dialogues and item descriptions?

So instead of fun spooky campy stupid halloween shit we got generic uninspired grey medieval fantasy world

Good trade Miyazaki

>Is it this easy?
Yup, now you do it and see how well you do.

How many games can be called a fantasy game just because they have knights, dragons, undead, snake niggas, tree niggas, ghost niggas, golem niggas, niggas made from crystal, god niggas, mage niggas, ye olde weapons and harmless mythical animals that give good loot when you successfully hunt their defenseless body.
>ah ah but dark souls is different because it is uninspired and gray

>That's not what Dark Souls is, and the game wouldn't work as well if that was what it is.
Why not? All that shit is just aesthetic.

Dark souls is generic as fuck what are you on?
>B-but the doggo
Fuck off redditor

The game was a success because of the stupid “HECKIN PREPARE TO DIE YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF JAPANESE UI JANKINESS” and people bought into it because thing Japan good

It's more like a dark zelda game without the proper dungeons or great music. Plus berserk designs

The game is mostly successful because Demon's Souls became a cult-hit via word to mouth.
So people who already loved that game begun to hype this one up.

Or maybe because it's a good game series?

It rode the wave Demon's Souls created, and by being multiplat it became the face of the wave.

If it really ripped off Castlevania it'd have whips that didn't suck utter ass

Attached: 442-1-1372625602.png (716x530, 338.86K)

This. What made it successful is also what ruined the game's image. All the craft and good qualities of the game were ignored and it became a magnet for wannabes and pseuds.

Lol

Not that guy but I disagree.

Not an argument
Well, you are the exception. Still I respect your opinion. I think every single FROM game is god tier and they got better over time

how the fuck is it like Castlevania, you can just get a big ass shield and crawl your way through the entire game like a turtle.

You just saying its good isn't any argument either retard soulsfag