Comfy BOTW2 thread

Let's have a comfy botw2 thread, Any Forums, ignore obvious shitposting.

Hopes and fears for the game? What's the one thing you would most like to see?

What do you think Aonuma meant when he said:

As previously announced, the adventure in this sequel will take place not just on the ground as in the previous game, but also in the skies above. ** However, the expanded world goes beyond that, and there will be an even wider variety of features you can enjoy, including new encounters and new gameplay elements. **

Attached: botw2.jpg (955x547, 51.55K)

>hopes
Expanding on physics engine
>fears
That they won't add any content and only add in the gay floating islands instead for no reason when there's a shitton of space to fill in in the 1st place.
>What's the one thing you would most like to see?
Actual substantial content instead of shitty repetitive minigames for toddlers.

Attached: botw2comparison.jpg (5334x2000, 1.56M)

Interestingly enough you can see the air flow trails behind Link in the BotW2 footage.

I'm guessing "wind" will play a much larger factor in the sequel.

I wonder why the Calamity's Malice energy stuff was purple while Ganondorf puts out red.

BotW2 will be one of the greatest video games of all time.

Yes its really going to be that good. Again.

Wonder how they're gonna handle the teleportation shit suddenly vanishing.
I mean by the end of BotW, Link can warp around most of Hyrule.

Maybe they'll keep it?

Yeah, I have a feeling they are going to nerf the paraglider and make it work like the korok leaf in WW.

I'm confident the world will go through some substantial changes, you definitely will not be able to revisit shrines or warp to them...

I can see them showing a cutscene explaining how all the trials decided to go back underground once the calamity was dealt with.
"Only the Towers remained."

I know it sounds a bit copunterintuitive but I would like for some restrictions to the compelte freedom from botw. You should be able to go anywhere, but the overall progress should still be gated here and there like in the older games.

For example, you may have to do 3 dungeons to start, in any order. Only after beating all 3 can you do the next 3. That way, it guarantees that you have some new tools when taking on the next batch of dungeons, which would allow for a higher difficulty in combnat and puzzles.

Considering they did a full reveal and kickstarted the marketing campaign for BotW during E3 until it released in March the next year, I'm hoping they'll do the same for the sequel since it's the same time frame.
>hopes
That they can make the world feel fresh even though it seems like they're using the same map as a template. I always preferred a different kind of world since I think the essence of an adventure is venturing into the unknown. I'd love to see expanded physics, more involved or elaborate side quests, more enemies etc. New and interesting visuals and aesthetics.
>fears
That BotW2 will render BotW mostly obsolete. Zelda games have generally been pretty good about not making their games direct upgrades over their predecessors. For as much as I and probably others want "BotW except more and better," I don't want to make that game redundant. Every Zelda game including BotW and its sequel should ideally strike its own niche. I want the sequel to be so much better, yet I still want it to justify BotW's existence, and not make it seem like an unfinished prototype.
>What's the one thing you would most like to see?
The idea of mixing old Zelda mechanics with BotW's mechanics is an attractive one. I'd like to see slightly more restriction in the progression. I don't want any fast travel, or they could at least heavily gimp it. It's too convenient in the first game. Maybe a magic meter also.
>expectations
That they will do the sky island concept (and to a broader degree, the island concept from WW in general) from SS justice.

Attached: EuucYeRUUAI3GNv.jpg (842x1006, 125.34K)

This is what I’m afraid of. One of my things about open world games is that you have to make traversing the world fun. It was actual fun for me to climb mountains and paraglide all over the map.

>climb mountain
>korok seed #258
>rinse and repeat
Traversal was the only fun thing about BotW. The rest feels like a boring soulless slog.

Yeah but I had fun exploring. I’ll admit the shrines and the koroks I didn’t care about too much so hopefully they improve that in the sequel.

Just a shame 95% of the exploring consisted of running through empty fields and finding useless loot.

>bring back themed dungeons with unique enemies, bosses and rewards
>add back traditional items like the Hookshot
>rework durability so you hold on to weapons longer, less duplicates and more uniques
>add blacksmiths/ways to repair weapons
>change the weapon/shield/bow menu UI to be a wheel or something better than a straight line
>add more weapon types and movesets so halberds aren't stuck being spears and katanas don't use the slow 2H attacks
>crafting system for elixirs/potions, arrows, bombs, etc. while cooking stays solely food-oriented
>Koroks are relegated to Lost Woods exclusively now, seed are gones
>remove shrines/orbs in favor of Heart Pieces/Containers
>more music/ambience for the overworld, maybe a few leitmotifs that get remixed per region instead of one song for fields and one song for mountains
>more enemies/species in general, especially for the overworld (Skulltulas, Like Likes, Redeads, Poes, Tektites, etc)
>Ganondorf stays a Lich the entire game, no reverting to "human"
>more variety when it comes to merchants, Beedle magically showing up at every stable was dumb
>better recipe list and something to limit foods/elixirs
>no more amiibo-only content, or at least include a way to obtain amiibo content without requiring the amiibo
>add postgame for when lich Ganondorf is beaten and Hyrule Castle is back to normal
>postgame consists of repairing Castle Town and bringing new people to it ala Tarrey Town in BOTW1
>100% postgame results in wanderers/townsfolk moving back with all buildings fixed

Attached: 52072615515_8d4b80b4d2_o.jpg (3091x3044, 3.15M)

Hopefully the game can accommodate both. It was fun to climb and then freely fly somewhere, but it also removed any challenge from traversal. The climb and fly anywhere was simply too powerful.

Hopefully whatever the overworld looks like will keep that, but maybe in the sky there are heavy winds that prevent you from doing it and you'll for forced to take a more linear path.

Mainly I just want this:
>ability to upgrade shields and weapons damage/durability
>when they break they don't vanish they just become weaker and the range lowers
>can make rupees by taking weapons from foes, upgrading them and then selling them

pic-related

Attached: gun tiotal.png (1071x249, 13.27K)

Most of these are utterly terrible ideas. You will never be a game designer.

Yeah the koroks were a really weak excuse to encourage exploration. Something with more incentive would be great.

>koroks were a really weak excuse to encourage exploration

How? Korok seeds are probably the greatest collectible in any video game ever.

Maybe if you're 10 and have OCD.

Cool idea honestly. Whenever a weapon breaks you can either toss it or waste the slot carrying around an essentially useless weapon.

The fact its taking its going take 6 years for a game thats in the same fucking world is appalling. Literally what the fuck is taking so long

I forgot they had a practical use in expanding your inventory slots. But that only takes 300 and what’s the point after that?

Kung flu did the world dirty man. We’re lucky if most developers make it through this generation.

>hopes
Fishing
Underwater exploration
No more fucking Koroks please, replace them with Minish or something and bring back the Kokiri
>fears
No postgame again (big fear)
Ganondorf gets mishandled, bonus points if they reference Demise and/or give him a tragic backstory (BIG fear)
Quests are still mostly boring
Golden Goddesses don't come back
>expectations
BOTW again but Ganon is actually in it this time.
Three seconds of new footage and then Aonuma bows in the Wait A Little Longer void again. Not really, I'm feeling a name reveal for the once-yearly BOTW2 info drop.

No its the complete opposite. YOU have the mind of a child.

I remember a particularly trigger Korok seed in the snowy Hebra mountains which required me to race down a mountain to a goal. No matter how many times I tried to handglide I couldn't get there in time. Then I realised that I could use my shield to SURF down the mountain and - with a bit of skill - reach the goal. It felt so rewarding to figure this and solve this using my own wits and resources. And I got a handy Korok seed to expand my inventory - no wasting my time with useless junk collectibles. This is a tiny throwaway moment that many players might never even experience. BotW is full of them.

YOU on the otherhand, are a typical ADHD brat. It's a trademark sign of ADHD people to seek instant gratification and only prioritize combat and tangible benefits of collectibles / tasks in games. They have no understanding of any kind of slow-burn material in any media.

You sound like the kind of spoilt little shit whose parents would take you to Disney World and you'd base the whole experience on whether or not the bought you a toy from the gift shop.

>wahhhhhh I constantly want new toys!!!

Attached: 20220603_120621.jpg (482x352, 40.02K)

>that only takes 300 and what’s the point after that?

I played 150 hours and only found 200. How many HUNDREDS of hours would you to find them all?

And why would you? You're not supposed to find them all.

TL;DR
The Korok at the top of Hyrule Castle ruins the view and for that they must all burn.