All this predatory DLCs, lootboxes, battle passes, gachas, mobile gaming, etc shit

All this predatory DLCs, lootboxes, battle passes, gachas, mobile gaming, etc shit.
I'm sick of soulless money cash grab "games" and I know you are too.
That's why I started making my own game. It's slow progress, but steady. Tough, but rewarding.
How's your game going? Or why haven't you started yet?

Attached: gamedev.png (542x303, 99.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jhmwPEEys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Due to lack of managment skills and bad understanding of my abilities I'm sitting on 3 unfinished projects and 25 GB of assets
I'm on my 4th project now. This time I'm done playing around and want to actually finish something.

I have a great idea

>another gamedev thread
mooooooooods

I haven't drawn. I took some time off to relax. Will need to make some progress on the 3d modelling tool...

Attached: 5439202059231.png (2560x1440, 2.33M)

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jhmwPEEys

It's coming out at the end of the month, so I'm pretty curious what people will think of it. Also already started work on a new game, it's going alright.

Attached: sadshi.png (886x712, 344.6K)

It's okay... but a few thoughts:
- The first part of the video looks too much like SMW in environment and doesn't fit the Salaryman theme.
- In contrast the second area (office setting) fits way better and looks like it matches the theme, it's kind of cool. That said, get rid of all the other settings and just keep the office setting and make other creative office-like settings.
- Trailer:
Skip straight to the action
No one cares about your logo (at most put it in the end)
Don't use notepad with text to show, it's boring. Have it appear on screen, or just remove the text or at most have it shown over gameplay really quick

The things you said about the game are uh, way too late to do anything with now. And also kinda missing the point cause the game is about the commute, not the job.

As for the trailer, yeah you're probably right. I wanted to have some kind of in-between transitions that fit the theme but it could've been handled better I think.

Wait WTF... The same developer as Paperball?
The hell happened to you? Paperball (never tried it, on wishlist, waiting for bigger sale) looks so polished and professional.
How come you're making a SMW-clone now?

Attached: Paperball.png (963x723, 923.3K)

Just made my first game and released it on itchio. Making another one now. It barely got any downloads and that's fine, it's getting into the habit of finishing games that matters.

Attached: sheep.webm (960x540, 2.61M)

>The same developer as Paperball?
I wasn't the head developer for Paperball mind you, I just did a whole bunch of small tasks for that like character design, storyboarding, testing and so forth. I am the creator of Salaryman Shi, but the head dev for Paperball is working with me as the programmer and co-level designer.

>how come you're making a SMW-clone now
I mean, Paperball was a clone too. Slightly less obvious about it, but not by much.

That's cool. To know/work with someone that made a successful game.
I'm just a hobbyist gamedev but I forget there are actual real gamedev professionals on Any Forums.
I'll wishlist your game to help you out, good luck.

Thanks man

Watcha got, user?
Will it be the next Snoot Game?

i only buy drm free games

you'd think Any Forums would make more visual novels considering how they're somewhat easier to make

working on boss of first area in my pikmin clone

Attached: sprouts44.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

I'm too lazy and lack skills, even though I would like to. It's not common nowadays, but getting a complete game experience right out of the box is satisfying. It'd be nice to go back to those times.

today I learned how to use tilesets, drew a few more tiles, figured out how to make an object follow the player, and looked into how to make certain tiles interactable but didn't implement that yet

What's your game, based OP?

what are pros and cons of releasing on itchio rather than steam

Attached: m.jpg (360x240, 27.97K)

>it's getting into the habit of finishing games that matters
gmi

a lot of people like to spend years and years on a single game but you don't really learn anything from that