This'll probably be the first fighting game I buy

This'll probably be the first fighting game I buy
For people familiar with the series, does it look promising?

Attached: maxresdefault-6.jpg (1280x720, 109.38K)

No

No, everything after Third Strike is trash

t. never played street fighter

Overdrive system looks nice but other than that they showed absolutely fuckall.

SFV sucked and this will suck even harder.

the open world thing is kinda cool but they ruined the art style so i'll pass

I hated SF5 and thought this looked pretty good, they gotta fix chun li's face/hair though

Wasn't it super popular?
I had the impression only 2 and 5 were good

>I had the impression only 2 and 5 were good
what makes you say that?

The art style doesn't fit with SF at all and currently the animations look lacking

5 was nowhere near as popular as 4.

Capcom had to pay people to play it
It’s like if Jeff Bezos invented a sport about poop throwing, and then dumped a ton of money into building a league and teams and championships. Sure people would do it but nobody would actually like it outside of weirdos

I don't like starting with a full meter or it regenerating over time. Both are ingredients for stale gameplay. Newcomer designs are also trash and the lighting needs work. Other than that, we'll need to see how the drive mechanics are balanced in detail to say anything.

Attached: 1652801817812.png (1086x725, 573.16K)

Dunno I don't remember seeing many 4 threads but a lot of 5. Maybe I just didn't pay attention
Say if I wanted to fuck around a bit against bots, should I pirate 4 or 5?
I have a controller, do I need a fighting stick or 360 controller is hood enough

>Dunno I don't remember seeing many 4 threads but a lot of 5
why does threads on Any Forums determine what game is played alot or not?
doesnt make sense at all. especially how nobody here actually plays fighting games.

Most SFV threads on Any Forums prior to SF6 announcement were either rule34 threads or shitposting about it and/or it's rival games like Tekken 7 or Mortal Kombat 11. Almost never has there been actual discussion about the game itself. Also the reason for lack of SF4 threads is just Street Fighter community usually jumps on the latest game even if it's completely different. Out of old games, only really Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike have any active communities. Alpha 2 has a minor community but way smaller than those previous 2. If you want to play old boomer games against real human opponents, check out Fightcade. Not sure how newbie friendly they're though.

50/50
My only gripes are the easy parry system and the poor roster. If my favourites aren't added soon into the game's lifespan I'm out

Played the shit out of 4, skipped 5 but will pick up 6.

Although all I want is my boy here and Dudley back.

Attached: adonportrait.jpg (800x800, 285.42K)

2, 3, and 4 are beloved, but V is a game pretty much no one will ever come back to once 6 is released.

a legit parry being made rosterwide has sapped what enthusiasm I still had. They're doubling down on zoning being a gimmick mechanic.

>and the poor roster
they have all 8 world warriors don't they?

Every street fighters after 2 (the last versions) are good and bad for different reasons

>V is a game pretty much no one will ever come back to once 6 is released.
Perfectly sums it up, so many people forced themselves to play V because it was the new thing and the main game being pushed everywhere so that's where the money was but even with the additions over the years people genuinely hated playing it, turning the meme of playing something for hundreds or thousands of hours and hating every minute if it into reality.

the modern control shitshow should tell you what to expect. Capcom is going to take an axe to the game's purity at any opportunity to scam noobs.

It looks like it's doubling down on everything that made people dislike V.

>doubling down on zoning being a gimmick
>poison, dhalsim and luke s tier in sfv
what did he mean by this?