Are you ready for the future?

Are you ready for the future?

Attached: file.png (540x768, 228.94K)

none of that sounds fun.

You've posted this once already.

strongest economy expert btw

block chain will bring real world limitations to gaming?

Im fucking quitting gaming forever if thats what happens to it.

why do you need block chain for any of that

The idea of the post is that, potentially, in-game items can be shared between different games and have different purposes and uses, and if every game had a way to interact with the blockchain then it would be easily scalable to all the games as a sort of common denominator, if they so wish to.
It also doesn't sound particularly fun, but yeah.

It won't happen to all of vidya. Some retard AAA devs will try it and implode and others won't follow.

>user creates a "game" that shits out obsidian
>economy broken

>5% drop rate
>only 4 in existence
how

Didn't take long for thread #2. You a spammer or a bot?
I will say upon first read of it I thought he was talking about a dystopian future where we're slaves to games toiling away playing nonsense for 6 hours for meager scraps in the game we actually want to play.

I'm presuming he means that it stops dropping entirely once 4 are generated in which case they'd all be gone about 0.5 picoseconds after they're made available

literally none of what he's describing requires the blockchain and it's all bullshit that sounds better to an idea guy than to somebody who's actually ever played a video game in their life

Do these people not know how video games work? Do they really think that all games run on the same framework and you can just "scan on" stuff from game to game?

I'd rather play with my cock if that's the case.

Whoa so instead of spending a universal currency (USD) in all those games you mean I can spend a different universal currency? What a brave new world.

Why do cryptofags seem to be trying to make me hate their shit

They think that if the blockchain gets popular enough developers and publishers will just do that for some reason

Not only is that retarded but you could do all that without blockchain shit. Does he even realize how awful that sounds?
>Forced to spend time in the virtual mines for ore
>Have to spend years mastering a virtual profession
>Real money or at least tons of effort is involved so guilds have to vote on how to allocate every resource. Hope you don't fuck up because...
>... you have to toil away in one game to have a chance to compete in another, forever.

just one thought about balance fuckery makes this system impossible
cosmetics is the only way

just play candy crush for one full hour a day to earn your allotted one hour a day max amount of x for y game user whats so bad about that?

sorry NFTs are still a ponzi scheme

Is he trying to describe appealing utopia or horrifying dystopia? I genuinely can't tell.

In terms of implementation this wouldn't be any different from having a shared database between the relevant games though, besides being much much slower.

And blockchain is needed because...? You could do all of that with just an account and a shared inventory of regular ass virtual items.

Same, I was fully expecting this to be a lame attempt at a dystopian parody. Instead it was a super lame attempt at making crypto not seem like a scam.

At the end of the day how successful this is all boils down to how many retards would buy in to this.
And from what i understand no one acualy plays any of these block chin games other than a handful of retard investors.
Who think spending money on the game is an investment because if he is retarded enough to spend money on it someone more retarded will spend even more money

Attached: 1468689687177.jpg (667x800, 57.85K)

There are kids that think buying hats and battle passes is a normal part of gaming. If this stuff can happen it will. The good thing is that anyone can make videogames so there will always be indie and A-level purists making regular games.

>describe some fucking nightmarish future
>"see look this is why nfts are good"
I don't get it

>Check it out, you can use this item from a fantasy game to fuel your spaceship in another game you might not even be interested in!
That sounds disgusting.

holy shit what is the motivation to fucking type this up my god
this reads like ai generated block of text, these arent actuall people i swear

nothing wrong with cosmetics especially if you exchange them directly with real money. the second you have to get involved with tax dodging crypto shit it's immediate redflag.

Blocktards imagine the singularity of unified identity, media and society as a good thing so everyone is forced to know your Subscriber Rank for Disney Galaxy+.

>nothing wrong with children spending hundreds of dollars on something that used to be literally free and included with the game

Its like this dude is just some daydreaming ai human that shits out a block of text after having a delusional 24 hour day dream

Wow. I thought it was satire until the last few sentences.

How do these crypto games deal with taxes? Isn't spending them something the customer has to report to their governments? At least with normal mtx you are charged sales tax upfront.

I thought blockchain in video games would be like current Steam Market but there is only copy of each item. You get an item in the video game, and potentially later you could sell that said item for real life currency. What he describes sounds like any 20 year old MMO where getting item upgrades could've been a month long project.

Depends on what you think crypto is. Is it a currency, a financial asset, or a commodity? Though remember that non-monetary transactions like barter are still taxable.

user it doesn't matter what I think crypto is. Only the tax man's opinion counts here

There can be as many copies of an item as the dev wishes, but each copy esentially has its own identifiable serial number.