Why did turn-BASED die, Any Forums? Why is it all ADHD zoomer zooming combat in (j)rpgs?

Why did turn-BASED die, Any Forums? Why is it all ADHD zoomer zooming combat in (j)rpgs?

Attached: gffj.png (764x861, 444K)

>implying the eikon fights wont be turn based

turn based became sterile and samey after a while but i would still rather that than the shitty mash x impactless combat every japanese action rpg has

Who cares. Dragon Quest will be the big turn-based JRPG.

Squeenix knew they couldn't compete with Dragon Quest, so they stopped.

turn-based is now the realm of pixelshit and indie games

I just wamt a big budget turn based RPG again. Last one that was kinda like this was Lost Odyssey. I cant think of a competent fully 3d turned based non gimmick rpg since then, fuuuuuuuuuuuck

so did they confirm there would be no pausing?

Why would he think they would scrap FF7 remake's combat system entirely?

>Dragon Quest
No

Attached: 1652121429989.png (280x280, 99.95K)

>he doesn't know

Attached: dq12.jpg (1400x788, 117.49K)

>dmc/bayo style is "zoomer"
retard

FF is shit btw

FF hasn't been turn-based in forever.

When Yuji Hori dies, it will be a sad day indeed. Those rotton faggots at SE will turn DQ into an action game

>ATB isn't ADHD tier

You guys know they already said DQ12 is action focused right?

If DQ goes action, then Square Enix will shift back to turn based because they know they can't compete.

Confirmed trash

>ADHD zoomer zooming combat
Might want to get those eyes checked grampa.

Attached: 1641975422262.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>is that helicopter... MOVING IN REAL TIME?
>AAAAGH IM GOING INSANE, HELP ME ATBMAN

you turn based fags took yakuza from us

Bullshit. They don’t have the balls to do it. There will be riots

>ff7 chuds STILL have no response to this

You absolute brainlet, Dragon Quest is a Square Enix franchise

And also turn based is incredible retarded and immersion breaking - nobody stops in the middle of a fucking fight and says "Ok your turn next!".

The only reason games did turn based combat back in the 90s was because of hardware limitations... that shit has no place in games today.

>last mainline turn based FF was 10
>21 years ago
>I'm sad to see it go
why are gaming """"journalists"""" so fucking retarded ?

I'm old, I don't have ADHD and turn based was always boring as fuck.

Hehe le boomer low budget turn based cash grabs coming right up, you'll never taste a true jrpg with controllable party members and an overworld with an airship again. Everything has to be to scale for muh immersion.

Because it's shit. Hybrid atb system or full action is better. Grow up already.

What response do you want? I liked it.

Who do you think owns Dragon Quest?

You're the brainlet, Square Enix has publishing rights by agreement, but they do not own the DQ IP, that belongs to Armor Project and Yuji Hori.

turn based is fine if youre doing more than selecting shit from a menu

Why is this article written as if at this point main numbered FF games haven't been real time longer than the series ever was turn based.

ARPGs are shit

>if youre doing more than selecting shit from a menu
such as?

That was the last memorable FF. Whats the problem? Nobody remembers the rest of the trash from the last decade. Its blocked out of our memories

>immersion breaking

Okay, and holding circle to see cinematic bullshit nonstop is somehow better how?

You miss the retard gameplay of the main games? It's a beat-em-up that doesn't have any modern sensibilities in the slightest. It doesn't even have to be Platinum level for you to get some enjoyment, but it's completely without polish and the mini bosses and main bosses make you feel the limitations even harder because of how long they go on. Yakuza's only selling point is its story and characters. The gameplay does everything to hold it back.

jrpgs arent rpgs

turn based trannies are mentally ill.

Attached: vita game.png (1919x550, 1.77M)

positioning for one

Every single game ever created is an RPG because you play a role.

ong fr fr

cool, youve defeated the point of genres. call of duty is my favorite rpg

Leave turn based to DQ and SMT, I would also say pokemon but we all know that it's sort of its own freakish beast in that regard

FF hasn't been turn based in over 20 years. What fucking retarded site is this?

They need to make the AI smarter. Look at chess and Pokemon. Shit is fucking popular cause it can be PvP and you can have smart AIs.

It's not everyday someone is seething enough to shove 3 asshurt buzzwords back-to-back. Congratulations. Your reward is in the options field and starts with an S.

You mean 5.

FF12 was good
FF13 trilogy was good
FF14 is good
FF15 is trash
FF16 will be good

true
false
true/false
true
true

This kind of turn based is bad, the only good turn based combat is the one with maps, like FFT and FFTA and the likes.

>There will be riots
By who? The miniscule niche DQ fanbase?

Attached: file.webm (640x360, 2.15M)

X was literally the last good FF.

5 is ATB
10 is turn based

Based

They’ll set their building on fire like that KyoAni building. Those Japs are crazy

This is why turn based was a mistake.