Attached: Prey.jpg (800x800, 64.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAYYN_tus10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

dishonored is better

>immersive sim
what faglord invented this cringe term? I refuse to use it

Something about it fails to get me into the game.
I'm about halfway I imagine through the game right now, maybe little under half, and everything is there that I'm supposed to like it but idk.
youtube.com/watch?v=UAYYN_tus10
I think Yatzhee has it right here

People keep describing this as an immersive sim, but how does it qualify?
Are there hubs? Are there NPCs?
Footage makes it look like there's only you and the black blob enemies stuck in a ship that's designed like a metroidvania.

You're too powerful in Dishonored. Prey does a better job pressing you against the wall and forcing you to get creative, at least in the first half.

I refuse to let these posts incense me despite their extreme stupidity.

I feel the same way about most video game lingo. 'Nades?' Really? They're called 'frags' faggot.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 00-52-10 Immersive sim - Wikipedia.png (1087x112, 20.91K)

???

yeah there is a hub and the whole spaceship has a really nice metroidvania looping back in on itself design
NPCs fall more into a system shock vibe in that its mostly conversations over radio (havent played since launch but i think there may have been one or two in person NPCs)
enemy design is the worst, just different black blobs

its firmly in the system shock camp of the immersive sim games (which i believe was its original design as system shock 3)

The load times were terrible, which is fine in the beginning when you're going to be in that area for 30 minutes scouring every inch and getting into every crate you can find, but at the back end of the game when you have to run across the station it was pretty miserable. You'd spend more time loading a level than you would running through it.
If it was me, I would have had a personnel tunnel you unlocked as you progressed (like GUTS or outside) so you had a quicker way to navigate across the station.
GUTS was kind of like that, but it opens to the same levels the elevator does.
And I loved going outside of the ship but its fucking enormous and easy to get lost on all the greebles and shit.

all the moba faggots say ult-eee instead of ult and sound like 8 year olds

this is the longest ive ever seen a nuprey thread go without someone seething over prey 2.

user they've been called 'nades for ever.
Especially since not all grenades are frag grenades.

You should really buy SSD, many games greatly benefit from faster loading/writing times. And now some even demand it.

>Best immersive sim
You can end it there

same faggot that talks about a games "community."

terrible gunplay

I don't know who they're trying to fool.
No one likes that this game is called Prey, but prey 2 was fucking vaporware that had been in development as long as duke nukem forever and all they ever had to show for it was that ONE level.
It was never coming out.
But again, Prey is an awful title for the game, and literally anything else would have been better.
Especially when you have to bend over fucking backwards to even make "Prey" fit as a title in the logic of the game.

lvl 3 Psychoshock + maxed out Q-beam = mimic rape

It would be much better if they were called "immersive shooters" cause that's what the majority of these games are, FPS with a greater focus on interacting with the world.

OP here, sorry, I accidentally upload wrong picture, that's what I mean

Attached: 1648289517155.png (464x573, 602.09K)

I'm old as shit and have a lot of tolerance for loading screens, but yeah, this game was one that made me want to pull my hair out.
Jesus even the elevator makes you load into the lobby just to travel to another load screen in cargo.
But with the million and one things you could manipulate and move around or delete into resource cubes I can see why.
I should upgrade my computer in more ways than one.
I had been putting it off and then all the chip shortage scalper faggotry started so I just bought an xbox instead.

not even an immsim

the reason they arent is because not shooting is a viable playstyle. also thief and dishonored are a bit of a struggle to even consider shooting as a viable playstyle.

>dishonored are a bit of a struggle to even consider shooting as a viable playstyle.
I mean exclusively shooting dudes might be kind of tough, but if you just mean going loud and lethal its actually a super fun play-through.
In dishonored I honestly went sneaky most of the time just because I wanted to explore every corner of the map because I loved the level design.