Ragnarok

>Almost 20 years old
>Completely mismanaged over the years
>Official servers flooded with bots and p2w garbage
>Gravity recently cracks down on all of the private servers that had even a remotely sizeable population
>Only remaining private servers are small with sub-50 population like the /vg/ ones

Where did everything go so wrong?

Attached: rag.jpg (1024x768, 303.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2DuvYC3zENI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why even play mmos when it’s all bots now

you know the answer

Attached: 1646144966633.jpg (640x698, 96.64K)

But Gravity is a Korean company

I tried playing Odyssey yesterday, it was really bad.

yes, and?

>Gravity recently cracks down on all of the private servers that had even a remotely sizeable population
this pisses me off the most
they can't make a good game themselves and drag those who can along with them
dogshit fucking company

What made RO comfy for me was the community from back in the day. I tried many times to get into it again but it never clicked the same.

At least we will always have the OST and our memories of those good times.

You can always play on the /vg/ server, it's not advertised so I doubt they'll even bother going after it. Only problem is the thread is a shithole, but in-game is fine.

yeah with the pop of like, what, 40 people?

This. Social media and shit like discord killed the social aspect of MMOs. That was the only thing MMOs had over other genres of videogames and that's why MMOs today feel like singleplayer games with tacked on multiplayer. Sure you had ventrilo and teams teamspeak back in the day but discord killed that too.

Not even that much but we manage to have parties.

Jews are all over the world though? Are you retarded user?

Based

>playing a Any Forums server after ragna/v/

I just like playing RO

Attached: 1536691982198.png (119x118, 35.09K)

>2000~2005

Best five years. Strictly RO all day.
I will never get that feel back. But at the same time, that's what makes it all the more precious.

kino

I'm 33 and remembering these times, playing RO after school up until past midnight.

Talking with people on Guild Chat, seeing how the Guild Banners changed ownership every week, watching the community evolve. Starting to recognize people on the top guilds and seeing them advance.

The world felt so alive. Like no other MMORPG has done. The story didn't keep you there, it was the world itself. No need to have a story or path to go. Your guild wanted to go loot a High Ogre to craft a Bao Bao hat? That was your evening.

I've tried coming back, but without the community it just isn't the same. And that feeling will never come back.

>spend days searching for thara frog card
>never get it
>one day randomly passing through comodo it finally drops
this game was something else

I remember trying to get the Poring Hat from Marins south of Lutie. I spent WEEKS there, killing everything. I had two Panda Hats from the aggro Sasquatch, until it dropped.

2003-2006 RO was the best.

>Only remaining private servers are small with sub-50 population like the /vg/ ones
?

Attached: Screenshot_2022-06-07 NovaRO.png (202x36, 9.42K)

>2003-2006 RO
>Bots were still relatively minimal
>No pay to win nonsense
>Nobody had any idea how to play
>Everyone just trying to chill and grind

Take me back I want to go back

Attached: 1558381604211.jpg (395x388, 29.82K)

>x999999999 rates
>renewal
that's not RO

Attached: 1633828267785.gif (42x108, 12.29K)

NovaRO is like the only one still up and they already got a cease and desist, they're just trying to ignore.

The owner is gonna get abducted by Samsung and deported into North Korea sooner or later