Xenoblade Chronicles X

I wish I'd known about this game earlier. I was pretty bummed out that Mass Effect Andromeda was so shit because I was looking forward to a planet colonization game but this game does that 10 times better. Only gripe are the potato natives. They look more like non native aliens than the actual non native aliens. They look so different from all the other creatures that evolved on Mira.

Attached: xenoblade.jpg (283x351, 27.9K)

I don't understand the combat in this game. I have yet to basically have any customization with moves or stats or anything. I have a stun, the fire grenade or whatever, side slice, and a heal. I can't control my party members so I really am just waiting for the moves to go to max, then I just use the stun then the grenade then the slice. my knife does like 20x the damage that the other weapons do so I just use that. Am I looking this wrong? what am I not doing?

the combat is awful and most of the side quests are so poorly made but everything else is pretty good

you should change your class once you reach class level 10 (the purple bar below your character level in the top left) the basic class is mostly only there so you learn the basic mechanics while all the others will give you more arts so that you actually have to think which moves to equip and skills that give you passive bonuses, also remember to upgrade your arts and skills.

Nopon are kino, although Tatsu sucks balls. Should have played XC1 and seen Riki, though XCX is the best in the series.

Well they aren't that bad they just look completely out of place on that dinosaur planet. Like the hostile aliens look more like they evolved on Mira.

You're pretty damn early in the game still.
There's class specialization which gives access to different arts and passives, and in the late game when you don't need to work towards unlocking anything anymore you can instead custom class by mixing any ranged weapon move set with any melee weapon move set.

What you should be focusing on is finding arts that combo well together. Some things to consider are:
Pairing a weapon or art that generates a ton of TP with an Art that uses TP to do big damage
Pairing a weapon with a break art with a weapon with a topple art so you don't have to rely on your AI party members for a disable
Being sure to have access to a defensive option like stacking the Decoy buff or activating elemental reflect

And you can both issue some in battle orders to your squad, and customize what Soul Voices they'll call out in battle, which you can use to make them do things reactivity to what you do

The best Xeno game other than Xenogears.

Got bored, very grindy.

I've been thinking about playing Xenoblade Chronicles after this. Chronicles 2 doesn't look interesting at all. Are the games conected in any way or is it like Final Fantasy?

Full Final Fantasy, nothing to do with each other.

>Are the games conected in any way
1 and 2? Yes, connected by a character named Klaus, though you can enjoy them as standalone titles. They're going to become very directly connected in 3 however, so you should probably play both if you plan on playing 3

Is X connected? "maybe"

>I wish I'd known about this game earlier
I had known about it for a while (I played (and loved) the first xenoblade back in 2016) but man do I wish I had gotten into it much earlier
I started emulating it about two months ago and it's completely pushed aside any other games I was playing at the moment
Only about 140 hours in and I'm still finding new stuff and I'm only at chapter 10 because there's just so much content to do (for reference, my first XB1 playthrough was about 120 hours)
Honestly if the story weren't so meh I think this would be my favorite xenoblade, but as it is, XB1 just barely surpasses it for me
I'm really sad that monolithsoft hasn't done anything X related yet and frankly I wouldn't doubt that they don't make another X game, considering the direction that the series is going

Attached: nicolas-pierquin-xenobladefanart-tokkunstudio.jpg (2126x1161, 738.71K)

To be honest dude I love this game to death but there is a brief slog in the beginning with combat. Once you start maxing out weapon trees it will feel a lot smoother.

Xenoblade settings are like the insane worldbuilding I did when playing with bionicles at age 6

What's your division? I''m a Harrier.

It’s more of a reference to XC1

This

Fuck I wish NLA actually looked like that. Pretty sure it was supposed to, but they ended up making a town that wasted a stupid amount of space with tiny buildings.

XCX is the best XC

Yeah it really doesn't look like it could house much people. Horrible space management.

>Koh Kojima, the game director of the Xenoblade Chronicles series wishes to develop a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X.[95] As of 2018, Tetsuya Takahashi says that while a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X is possible, Monolith Soft may take the series to a completely new direction.[96] Despite Takahashi's desires to bring Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Nintendo Switch, he says that "money" is an issue and that reconfiguring it to the Switch would be difficult due to the game's massive size.[97]
Fucking do it!

im emulating it and its working but some things seem kinda annoying. like the brightness fix i have to turn on and off constantly because its too bright during the day with it off but too dark at night with it on. also i patched it for the undub but some things are still in english which is annoying. the character editor working between versions is nice though since you can use the titty slider and the extra JP voices in the english game.

There's a reason humans look like potatoes in the game. Once you get past chap 5 you'll understand