The only video game to have a redemption arc

The only video game to have a redemption arc.

Attached: 444254-star-wars-the-old-republic-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1132, 166.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fW1-CAtM7XM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>FFXIV
>BF4

it's still fucking terrible

I'd argue it even got worse because at least it hadn't shit all over its own story yet at launch

Eternal Throne/Empire is good though, it is the actual KOTOR3 and its what SWTOR should've been from the get-go.

Eternal Throne was good but their 10 year anniversary expansion is trash. The new UI design looks like they got a fresh intern to do it

No Man's Sky and XIV come to mind

>No Man's Sky
Its still completely shit.

maybe if that had been the launch story and not "actually the Emperor had another even SECRETER empire hiding in the EVEN MORE UNKNOWNERER REGIONS"

I mean aesthetically, the Zakuul thing makes sense as the 'True Sith' from KOTOR2. They're way better than the actual SWTOR Sith Empire which rips off OT Empire aesthetic and has Star Destroyers centuries before the movies, which is completely fucking retarded.

Sure, and I understand that line of thinking. But that's not what it was. It was the secreter empire hiding in the even more unknownerer regions that nobody had any idea about until they conquered the entire galaxy in a year

>and has Star Destroyers centuries before the movies, which is completely fucking retarded
keeping designs consistent with technical progress was not something Lucas cared about when making the Prequels, was not something Lucas cared about when consulting on the Extended Universe, so it's not something the Extended Universe cares about now.

I remember I thought this was really retarded, then the last SW movie did the exact same shit except far worse. Now, I can forgive a lot of things SWTOR does, because it at least tries to do different things with the setting.

>WoWclone
It's shit.

As someone with maybe 2000 hours on this, it's shit.

>The only video game to have a redemption arc.
And then completely shit it away.

a retarded idea doesn't become less retarded because something else shat itself harder

just like the prequels and the sequels, actually

But technical progress actually flows well from Prequels into OT. Its shit like SWTOR and the Sequels that try to rehash the OT even when it makes zero sense.

This. This game is a fucking joke, and it only has itself to blame.
probably have roughly the same amount of time recorded on steam

That's the thing, its not really an MMO anymore. Its a semi-freeroam singleplayer game with graphics from the 2000s.

>perfectly end the story with Echoes of Oblivion
>"somehow, Malgus returned"

Attached: 1556956315602.gif (560x560, 2.12M)

>But technical progress actually flows well from Prequels into OT.
You might actually believe this, but nobody else does. Not least of which because "everything looks better than the old ones" was George's- regularly stated- main goal during the design of 2.

>Echoes of Oblivion
youtube.com/watch?v=fW1-CAtM7XM
That was such a kino ending. I viewed it as the series finale for the old Star Wars EU timeline, basically. Switching the story from it to lame old Sith vs Republic is just a let-down.

Attached: fa825dd5e6a906795650c7cf5287ce7f.jpg (736x710, 60.29K)