Why did Namco allow this to happen to their mascot? What were they thinking?

Why did Namco allow this to happen to their mascot? What were they thinking?

Attached: pacmanghostly.jpg (589x614, 57.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rOFzB91QKTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>betrayus
wonder what this guy is gonna do

>trying to 1-up the kino that is Donkey Kong's Great Ape War
Soulless

youtube.com/watch?v=rOFzB91QKTs
Nothing can top this masterpiece

Oh thats not only it user, take it from a zoomie who watched the entire show years ago
>pac man is literally a child of prophecy
>has human teeth and a fucking xenomorph tounge
>insatiable appetite, literally eats all of the city and ALL OF HELL's food supply and only gets barely full for a short while
>perfectly round pac-people are rare, most are fugly abominations that are the equivalent of mixed race people irl
>the series finale ends with a cliff hanger on the gang (pac-goth girl and pac-chad) going to fucking tokyo
>the series ended before they could even get the 3rd season out due to being so terrible
>pic related were the redesigns chosen for pacman, A won out and is clearly the worst one
Also sakurai threatened to not put pacman in smash if he had to use the ghostly adventures design, this was such a fucking terrible design that it basically got completely reworked and looks way nicer for the pac-party's due to not having fucking teeth and fingers

Attached: this is what we sacrificed.png (350x254, 142.31K)

It's a reference to General Petraeus, Commander for the US in the Middle East. Very subtle political commentary there.

That vote was clearly a sham. B is the only sensible choice, but Bamco had already put money into developing A. For fuck's sake, it's the only one rendered in 3D rather than being a scribble.

I always liked B's Pac-man with C's ghosts.

The ghostly adventures games were better than I expected.

wasnt this for that pac-man monsters game?

Attached: file.png (650x347, 522.35K)

B's Pacman with C's ghosts, but Blinky with a diff design would make it perfect

Ironically also betrayed us.

>Also sakurai threatened to not put pacman in smash if he had to use the ghostly adventures design
Say what you will about Smash's gameplay, but when Sakurai can help it he usually makes the best decisions about third-party designs.

Attached: banjo smug.png (574x495, 473.72K)

I think probably the biggest thing that stung about this was that the inevitable failure of Ghostly Adventures likely gave Bamco the impression of "oh, nobody likes it when we give pac-man a setting so let's just turn him into a brand icon for the forseeable future", which explains why a lot of Pac-Man content following this was pretty much them retreading the original game over and over until recently.
Many such cases of a Japanese company misreading the room when something fails.

Attached: 113.gif (274x249, 214.34K)

What a fucking lemon

I think it's time for you to leave.

Attached: file.png (300x330, 46.99K)

>B's Pac-Man
>D's ghosts
best option, especially for a 2D cartoon. You could have a great contrast between the rounded world of the Pac-people and the spooky sharp angles of the ghosts

Attached: pac_devil_by_8_bit_britt_dbvkp1o-fullview.png (1024x1451, 794.38K)

This is from 7 years ago, we really need a new Kong game.

I swear this video had a part where KKC got replaced with KKK for a split second.

ya but uhhh.... haha.... ummmm. ....

Attached: 25425093345.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

muh nigga

reminder: this was him

Attached: file.png (1803x615, 1.05M)