What does stance switching do?

What does stance switching do?
How do I keep a combo in a half pipe or pool. I revert and do a manual but manuals lose forward acceleration.
Also this is pretty fun I never really played any of the games as a kid or never figured them out but I wish there were more. Also wish there was a cross between this and devil may cry

Attached: EGS_TonyHawksProSkater12_VicariousVisions_Editions_S1-2560x1440-cf08310a4025946dd646b7620f7c9562.jpg (480x270, 35.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5SYiEMFddn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can get off your board in underground

give THUG 1 and 2 a shot. You can get off your board and do a bunch of other shit, especially in THUG2

Do I need a ps2 emulator or something

Grt THUG Pro

Stance switching changes your ollie and gives you access to some different tricks.

Reverting is usually enough to get you to the other side of a half pipe or pool.

Manualing is for getting from one rail to the next to spam grind switches after you build up your base score with air tricks and specials.

both were released on the gamecube, which emulates miles better than the ps2 does

PS2 emulation is pretty good now. I would say the GCN versions are inferior because the button layout of the controller required some adaptations to be made that aren't comfortable and can't be corrected for with a different controller because the game can't actually make use of the extra buttons

If you enjoy THPS1+2, you should really play THPS3 and 4, then the Underground games. The series was great for six entries. (THUG2 classic mode only)

So whats thug pro

It's a mod for the PC version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2. It adds a ton of levels from across the series, but doesn't add any of the soundtracks or career modes. It's just free skate and online multiplayer against autists who are far better than you will ever be.
I would not recommend THUGPro to someone who has not played the original games.

THUG Pro is a heavily modified version of the PC port of Tony Hawk's Underground 2, which has all of the levels of both games as well as many from other games in the series, it doesn't have the soundtracks, task based modes of the first three games or the story modes of 4, Underground, and Underground 2.

Does it have thug 2s campaign but none of the others or even goals

Use wallrides to gain speed during combos. You can also press R2 to level out of a quarter pipe and then grind to avoid losing speed. Try to manual and grind for as little time as possible because your balance metre will become harder and harder to control.

youtu.be/5SYiEMFddn4
Here's a video of some more tips. This guy worked on the games and is ridiculously good at them.

You lose more and more speed after each revert in a combo, eventually you won't have any momentum at all and come to a complete stop. Both regular stance and switch stance have their own point values for tricks, so you can do say 5 900's in regular and 5 900's in switch before it becomes worthless to do it anymore.

This. Do not play the GameCube versions.
R2 is both spin and revert so you have to time your revert perfectly or you stack and you can't turn it off.

Also, keep playing THPS1+2, it's good. THUG 1 and 2 are fine and the levels are a lot better but walking becomes a crutch every time you know you're about to bail so you're better off playing without it while you learn.

doing the hard get there challenges in this game before they made some of them easier was one of the most challenging and satisfying experiences ive ever had in a game. the feeling of landing that last roswell channel gap and finishing the line was amazing

This game has a fucking god tier soundtrack

Attached: pocah.png (1642x934, 1.62M)

Royal guard for parries, gunslinger for guns, trickster for dashed, etc.

I was watching an outdated guide when I dod the Roswell channel gap and didn't realise it until after I did it. Pure trail, error and luck with that timing.

1+2 is objectively better than the originals, there was so much broken shit that was hurting the game design that I don't know how 2 is allegedly one of the best games of all time. BIG DROP being the representative example of mechanics I'm talking about,

I think you still had to do it for 100%ing all the gaps anyways, but yeah that one was a bitch to land. even worse was the kicker to railspan gap on skater heaven.... that one was nearly impossible before they patched it

Skate Heaven gaps are a joke. The whole level is terrible (although it does look cool) and feels unfinished.

>STILL no word on Tony Hawk 3+4
>Might never happen because Vicarious Visions is dead
It's not fair bros. THPS1+2 was the best selling game of the franchise and it's still not enough.

Honestly, I think it's just a bunch of leftover pieces Neversoft designed and liked too much to scrap outright. Which doesn't necessarily translate well to the new systems and physics, but it was in the original, so it's in the remake.