Linux Gaming

Any Forumsros i'm an idiot and need help.

I have a 6800 XT and install linux and everywhere it just shows up as '73af' or 'GPU 0' without being recognized as a 6800. I installed amdgpu and mesa but I don't know where to configure them and I can't find anything like a control panel that works.

is there a good guide to setting up amd drivers? I thought i heard you can have both sets too and choose which to use but it's not clear now to.

Also Linux thread.

Attached: budget_tux.jpg (299x168, 4.58K)

what is a linux

Attached: 54521.png (294x448, 117.74K)

>I installed amdgpu and mesa
amdgpu is inside the Linux kernel

You can't install it

>is there a good guide to setting up amd drivers?
You simply install mesa, that's it, done, there is nothing else to do or configure.

then why is nothing showing up for my gpu? and I can install it, I did. amdgpu-installer is a real thing that AMD instructs you to download.

If you want to play video games why don't you just use Windows? Seems like much less of a rigamarole.

because I want to play games without a huge cock up my ass thank you.

Windows is perfectly serviceable, comes pre-installed on every machine I buy, is easy to use, and does everything I need - chiefly, gaming.

Why would I waste my time fiddling around with such a fickle operating system? Even Linux veterans tell me that arduous set-up is par for the course to get it running.

What's the point?
So I can buy contriband more safely online?
So I can look at cheese pizza?
So I can be an elite hacker?

I have no interest in doing any of those things. Maybe if you want to do 2 or 3 of those things, I'd see how Linux has its appeal, but other than that I just don't understand you penguin fanatics.

With love, a Windows user.

a Windows users,

Sorry, I didn't catch that. If you could say it again without the cock in your mouth that'd be great.

With love, a Linux user.

Salient, intelligently expressed opinion.
vs.
Juvenile, rude non-sequitur.

A miserable pile of dependencies.

You might be trying to install the "AMDGPU-PRO" proprietary driver from AMD

Which is retarded and you shouldn't use this.

"amdgpu" is kernel module inside the Linux kernel

In userspace, all you need is Mesa

>then why is nothing showing up for my gpu?
Because you fucked something up.

>What's the point?
Because Windows is spyware and any computer you have it installed on is a computer that you do not own.

a kernel

Is wine magic?

No, its a win32 compatibility layer just like the one that is is modern versions of Windows, it just tends to be more actively maintained and get more attention when it comes to game compatibility.

Any Forums also collects your data, so...

lol. You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact that you look for Linux threads to post this when nobody asked is hilarious.

>I can't find anything like a control panel
CoreCtrl is what you're looking for user.

Bros, I am currently downloading an ISO of We

Attached: katamari.jpg (200x200, 4.38K)

Based

how do you install from an iso
do you just extract the iso?

not sure but you can do that for a lot of them

>See Linux thread
>Say what I about what I think about Linux
>"B-BUH NOBODY ASKED"

Attached: 1654573230956.jpg (1280x1185, 169.67K)

can just mount the iso and play or extract the files as needed

But you came here to spread the good news about Windows, a different OS, you cultist. Nobody asked about Windows and yet you brought it up.