"yeah, that happened"

Attached: 2022-06-06_18-15-28.png (744x711, 224.05K)

>hyped up until release
>"the switch killer"
>doesnt even sell 200 thousand
>completely forgotten about after release

Attached: 1643357556013.jpg (1200x628, 73.63K)

>still kills the switch

>switchfag cope

we are at a point in the tech timeline where more people who are actively using technology in one way or another have a less technology related skills and are less educated on how to use them effectively. convenience over performance, always, if you want to capture the retard market which makes up the majority.

The greatest sadness is that MS makes an epically fucked game and when it tanks, they don't acknowledge their own fuckups, and instead blame it on 'the strategy genre is dead' which is complete bullshit. No YOU FUCKING FAGS, your SHIT GAME is dead.

Do not take this out on our beloved strategy genre.

Not a single strategy game has better numbers than that, hell, 3k isn't even bad by strategy standards. You imbeciles think if a game isn't pulling Team Fortress 2 player numbers than it must have been forgotten.

I honestly really enjoyed this game. Seems like people just wanted to hate it.
Oh well, I got 120 hours out of it

154 hours apparently, actually

I think aoe4 is a shit game, but for some reason it did have a big playerbase for awhile after release. I don't think MS was ready for its relative success and had nothing in the pipeline to support it. So it dies. Will be interesting to see how many people watch it during this years Wololo i guess. Too bad all the big aoe2 players already abandoned it to go back to old faithful.

all the initial reactionaries were complaining about its cartoonishness
Most that actually played it really enjoyed it...until they realized how much shit was broken. i dropped it when it took them a long time to figure that stuff out, not sure if everything is fixed yet.
The game will likely have a resurgence when they release some dlc.

>Not a single strategy game has better numbers than that
???

Attached: file.png (1100x202, 128.49K)

Age of empires 2 has double that you retard. Did you even bother looking at steam stats before shitting out your blatantly false post?

other games with higher stats that are strategy (you didnt say rts you brainlet):

Warhammer total war
civ 6
hearts of iron
stellaris
civ 5
ck
eu

meanwhile games that are RTS but much MUCH older and still close to AoE 4 which is a new game

CoH 2
an outdated version of AoE 2 that is not sold anymore
AoE 3

Not to mention Starcraft 2 blows all these out of the water by numbers, but different platform.

0bggv

>guaranteed replies

Making the game take place during the medieval era again was a mistake.

>Not a single strategy game has better numbers than that
Starcraft 2 still gets tens of thousands of players daily

Attached: 1630890819545.png (568x516, 359.85K)

the developers of the game are fucking retards, it took them weeks to simply change the bugged movement speed of the mongol mobile building

game was basically unplayable for months because you were highly likely to encounter someone exploiting a broken mechanic like infinit gold or infinite range spearmen

>make a sequel
>leave content out
>take content away
>release with less than predecessor
>wtf why did our sequel flop?
I'll never understand why sequels nowadays don't come out with MORE shit, but less. This is why I stopped buying video games.

steamcels 4ever rekt

>released way too late after many fans have already moved on
>one HD and 2 Definitive editions released in the past 10 years
>"why it flopped?"

>Make game set in same time period as AoE 2
>but shittier and 3D
>it flops
wooooow