There's people that go and buy one of these to play video games on when they probably already have a PC that can...

There's people that go and buy one of these to play video games on when they probably already have a PC that can emulate.

Attached: 1650279978488.jpg (1600x1027, 116.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a hobby project dipshit

so is gaping yourself with increasingly large dildos, faggot

its a waste of electronics, thats the reason gpus are so expensive now.

Maybe if you want to play things really do need those CRT response times, but I dunno maybe Battletoads can be beaten emulated on an LCD reasonably these days, haven't tried.

gpus are back to normal price everywhere

>waste of electronics
>Any Forums
Hey you can't say that here

>normal price
3060 ti's are still about 100 dollars over msrp

>Maybe if you want to play things really do need those CRT response times,
My PC has VGA out.

i stand corrected but instead of admitting i was wrong i'm just going to call you a nigger

Attached: 1650993552644.png (388x308, 147.27K)

bet it can run cemu

Oh hell I forget igpu and vga are still things. For a moment I was thinking how did he get a GPU to last that long, last analogue output I had on one was a 9800.

>fpga's being bought by a handful of retro autists is why gpu's are expensive
What the fuck are you talking about

Attached: 1592895868936.jpg (531x374, 17.48K)

My pc can emulate it, but it's not portable and not connected to my TV. It's also nice to keep all of that stuff organized and off my harddrive. Same sort of reasons why people don't necessarily use their streaming services on their pc's.
People over estimate the need for sub 1ms response times. When you're dealing with something that requires mostly timing, the response time isn't as important. You can adjust and muscle memory takes over. For games like Smash Bros, it does matter because you're not dealing with memorized levels.
Yeah, it's the emulators and not the cars or smart-TVs, or smart-refrigerators, or smart-juicers or smart-whatever-the-fuck-consumer-product.

seething poor

Attached: 1644685809115.jpg (4032x3024, 1.02M)

What's the best way to play pre-disc roms (NES, SNES, etc.) on my computer? Is there a a best emulator?

>People over estimate the need for sub 1ms response times
I guess so. I did manage to emulate and beat Castlevania 3 and a number of the Megaman games which are a bit brutal. Never tried to get far in Battletoads which is the big example, but CV3 is brutal as fuck though I have to wonder if its easier not on an LCD. I've seen Battletoads beat on an LCD though using an actual NES and if that is possible the emulation is probably close enough since the biggest gap is the screen. Sorry that was a big ramble to agree with you.

Light guns were solved too, expensive, but there is a company that makes light guns that do a weird mapping trick but absolutely nail it.

I bought one to host a cheap terraria server and I have no idea what else to do with it. By now i've got my money's worth I guess

each console has its own best emulator

Oh ok I figured.

Depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole. A lot of emulators are good enough.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
There are charts for recommended ones by platform, but its not always up to date, but good enough. As you get to newer systems standalone emulators often win out but I honestly use Retroarch with its cores for most stuff because xm29 crt royale is a pretty decent looking crt shader and also while its interface is a bit overdone its only one to learn vs figuring out many.

And if you want to go a step further Emulation Station as a front end with standalones and retroarch is a really nice looking setup. Some like launchbox or others, but ES is just damn nice but its not an emulator itself.

No. You're thinking of the cryptoniggers.