I got a chance to play this and my god...the combat is AWFUL

I got a chance to play this and my god...the combat is AWFUL

Attached: images - 2022-06-07T093527.470.jpg (616x353, 27.6K)

Did you make a female protagonist?

Anything else?

well yeah, it's a bethesda game

I'm surprised people is stupid enough to have any hope in this

Sony thread

Weird if true, Fallout 4 combat was fine, they even got ID software and some ex-bungie devs to help work on the combat last time.

Oh wait this is Any Forums and it's full of contraritroon liars like you and almost everyone else above and below this post.

Attached: boymoder12.gif (251x255, 442.53K)

You're lying about playing it, but I have no doubt you're correct about the combat. It will literally never feel good until they ditch that engine. No amount of updating, refreshing, or rewriting it will ever solve that floaty, janky, Bethesda feel.

They did say they were going back to their Morrowind roots.

does it have VATS?

>muh engine
another retarded midwit

My dad works at Nintendo and he played it and said it's great.

If I get stuck with one of the weird pronoun freaks on my crew can I chuck em out the airlock?

easily GOTY
TODD PLEASE FIST MY BUSSY

There's no defending that engine, fucko. I know more about engines than you do. That shit is stale and outdated. There's a reason why the same bugs have existed for over a decade across multiple franchises. Every time they release a game they make the same horseshit statement about updating and/or fixing their engine, and games that are entire generations apart feel almost identical.
Being a contrarian doesn't make you correct or interesting.

They are the ones who would have told you with astraight face CDProjekts in house engine was a thousand times better right up until CDProjekt dropped that turd.

It is like people who say things are an existential threat. It sounds cool but they have no clue what they are saying.

Your uncle at Nintendo got you into alpha?

Attached: 1645114350892.jpg (896x1068, 85.54K)

Lol its Bethesda who gives a shit. The games primarily about exploration. Only fags give a shit about combat. Bethesda's combat has always been shit yet their games are amazing. Can't wait til the 12'th. The reality will sink in for snoys.

prove it fag

>dude the engine is totally fine
>betheada still can't have actual ladders in the year of our lord 2023

Ladders?
Oh noes.

they can literally build the engine to do whatever they need it to. that's how software works. you're purposely being daft if you think combat feels the same in fallout 3 and 4

The biggest surprise for me was the dialogue variety. I don't think I encountered a single repeated line in my play session. The conversation system has a wiki layer similar to Morrowind's, so you can ask anyone about anything, but the characters all give slightly different answers to the same questions. Then there is a persausion layer which is about getting what you want.

Overall the mechanics feel very deep, but the dice-roll combat is trash. It really does feel like Morrowind, as said. Lack of feedback and all.

what are the graphics like? performance? and how about flight?

will this game live up to the hype?

This doesn't make sense for the game to have dice roll gun shots after Fallout 4. Now you're just making shit up.

While it would be nice to have a large, deep RPG like game with lots of systemic elements and cool universe/lore akin to Morrowind, I highly doubt Bethesda is taking two steps back in terms of combat.

The difference is fucking miniscule between 3 and 4. It's about the same between Oblivion and Skyrim. 4 is better than 3, and Skyrim is better than Oblivion, but the actual difference in quality is pathetic considering the amount of time between those games. Most importantly, the reasons the combat feels bad in all their games is the SAME every single time. Floaty, disconnected, slow, low-impact with brain dead AI.

The game will probably be polarizing. It feels a lot like a tabletop game in terms of autistic levels of optionality. The actual gameplay itself is kind of secondary. The visuals are good, but not mind-blowing. Most impressive visuals I've seen were during underwater exploration of a coral reef. Best underwater visuals I've ever seen in a game.