What's the verdict on the pixel remasters? Are they the definitive versions of Final Fantasy 1 trough 6?

What's the verdict on the pixel remasters? Are they the definitive versions of Final Fantasy 1 trough 6?

Attached: ff.png (608x210, 82.91K)

>Are they the definitive versions of Final Fantasy 1 trough 6
Definitive? Fuck no. Passable if you want to play them? Sure.

Definitive, nah. You can play through them if you want. Remastered music is pretty good. Be sure to mod in the font fix though.

Not definitive overall, but not bad if you want to play them. The Remastered OSTs were the best thing about it and had no business being anywhere near as good as it was.

Mostly definitive after some mods.
>Original soundtrack
>Removing mini maps
>Fixing font
>Random graphical fixes depending on the game
Honestly after that I'd say the only thing holding them back from being definitive is the lack of any real post-game. I understand they wanted to stick to the original games but remakes and ports added in lots of content that people grew to love in I~VI and it's all sorely missed here.

>Are they the definitive versions of Final Fantasy 1 trough 6?
>No bonus content from the other re-releases
Sadly no. They're pretty fine if you want to go through the base games though.
Once mods to restore the content are made, then they may just be worthy of being considered definitive editions.

As much as I hate DLC I am honestly surprised they didn't just release the old bonus content as DLC. I genuinely expected shit like Dawn of Souls DLC.

Yes. Nobody actually plays or cares about the GBA content

Nothing will ever beat the WonderSwan versions of FF1+2 for me. All the original mechanics but way faster gameplay

My biggest gripe is that they lowered the difficulty so much but didn't think to let you turn off random encounters. Which means you hit a point VERY early on where random encounters are just time wasters when you're one shotting everything.

ye.
any additional content anons are complaining about is and was superfluous anyway so its really bo big deal.
also, the only genuine nitpick, being the font, can be fixed through 5 minutes of work, after that they are the one port SE actually did right and good by.

>Worse visuals
>Hideous font
>Less content than prior releases
>Added censorship
They're definitively worse than other versions of the games.

Shit versions of mostly shit games

They're good, but not definitive. For every bug that was "fixed" by the new engine, another brand new bug exclusive to the new engine crops up.

Attached: Final Fantasy Sprites BG.png (1826x1975, 659.8K)

Looks worse than original

Pic related, Pixel "Remaster" on top

Attached: FF6 pixel remaster above vs original bottom.png (1082x1506, 2.74M)

They used the GBA pallete as a base, which was washed out because of the non-backlit display

It's funny how incompetent SE is. Or how little they care.

>Definitive Version of Final Fantasy 6
That's not Brave New World, so no

Fine except for the font.

based

Top legit looks better on account of awful filter on the bottom.