Phantasy star online

what the hell did they do to pso2?

Attached: 1653846817343.jpg (2560x1440, 337.82K)

They BotW'd it.

Attached: 1654206433474.jpg (800x900, 251.75K)

they made it good and if you miss the old style you can just stand around in the city and do nothing.

>sega shit in current year
LOL

Attached: kikes.png (978x693, 150.44K)

sega really is shit

I'm still mad they took hover movement away from CASTs and then tried to sell it back to us for $90.

>Sega
>Making a quality game
they cant even make a sega game decent and thats their main IP lmao

Devs were taken away before release to work on Sonic Frontiers, then the Sakura Wars gacha bombed, scaring Sega into releasing this early

I got a hover dash for free, are you even playing this game?

They dumbed it down for the western audience and made it unappealing in every conceivable way. The game plays like cold syrup. I'm sure 30,000 people are running to this thread right now to argue that they'd totally love to play the game a lot if they didn't get banned for RMTing, but the truth is that none of them played the game anyway, since global is nothing but lobby AFKers complaining about random casual topics, unable to master a game that's been extremely casualized.
Game is unfortunately not fun. Combat is boring.

CASTs never lost hover walk. You might be talking about hover sprint, which is currently free for everyone if you claim it in the event before maintenance tomorrow, or has another variant that drops from Dark Falz that is tradable.

>Game is unfortunately not fun. Combat is boring.
What contributed to the most to this? Enemies just being slow and clunky? Players themselves being a lot less responsive?

The game was alright but they just made a mess of it

It’s all too empty and pointless

Well shit. It was the reward for blowing enough on the gacha tickets when NGS first came out. And now they're giving it away for free?
Whatever I'm now downloading this 80 gigs of bloat again just to hover dash again.

they're giving away another $90 dash for free in two days as well lmao

games nowadays are so fucking streamlined and boring its painful. i still play base pso2 every once in a while to get a slight taste of pushback

>other: psobb was better

I just log on every wednesday to check out new coomer outfits but even those have been lacking

Game launched with nothing to do. In 15 hours you completed the story content, and that was it. There was no post game. Barely any clothing options. With MMOs, first impression is *everything* and this game had *nothing.*

With the original release of FF14 in 2010, the game failed right at launch, but what most people don’t realize is that within about a year and a half it got much better. The 1.X patches paved the groundwork for ARR, but nobody played the game anymore because of the horrible launch. It wasn’t until Square rebranded the game with a brand new launch did they finally succeed.

The problem with New Genesis is that this *is* the relaunch, and not only did it not attract any new fans, it did nothing for existing ones.

>PSO2 was supposed to last 10 years, ended after 8
>NGS is directed by the retard that almost killed PSO2
>PSO2Station was replaced by boring previews where Hiro reminds you that the game is still shit
>whole game is just an uninspired reboot of PSO2
>no fucking content of any kind, especially unrelated to combat
>had to delay mag skins of all things
You'd think they're actually making a PSO3 in the background while using NGS as life support and a tech demo. But Sega doesn't follow common sense, so they probably really thought this garbage could work out.

Also
>what the hell did they do to pso2?
EP4 already ruined it long ago, and it never recovered. In fact, I don't think the series will ever recover from the shitstain that was Summoner's addition. They'll probably try to shoehorn it into the next game if it ever comes out, however long it takes.

depends on your class currently, Like pso2 gunner is fucking fun as shit to play because of combo depth it had as a close range, In ngs currently it has no combo depth and has literally nothing good for close range use as of right now and that was the whole point of the class. Now on the flip side how ever base Bouncer is shit compared to NGS bouncer, it vastly fleshes out the flow of jet boot pas as well as giving you much more incentive to throw some techs in there and remember the jet boots are a tech weapon. For the most part alot of stuff is just kinda boils down to being pressed thin for variation in attack patterns. Enemies aren't really that much of a problem though i do wish they'd do something about the petta Dolls attack sponges, they are boring as fuck damage sponges that turtle and play keep away with you, Literally any other enemy is more fun to fight.

Attached: 10293844_960720483952435_619512910767615574_o.jpg (1280x800, 116.11K)

PSO2 was shit and had mostly shit gameplay, but at least it had some fun bosses.
NGS is the same, but with shit performance and shit bosses.

I would actually love this game if classes had dual abilties. Like being able to cast spells and attack.

Idk long range feels boring and close range is just spamming the attack. A mix between the 2 if they could somehow perfect it would be 10/10

Any hope of Sega realizing their fuck up and just backporting everything into base PSO2? The models load in there already, they just need to sdd some hitboxes and maybe change up the rigging?

PSO2 was always shit

Attached: 1649162587002.png (1028x742, 1.21M)

One thing I liked about Hero- in spite of the retarded orange sparkles and chuuni animations- was TMG being actually ranged again. I like THG in PSP2i where I can just strafe and shoot shit.
PSO2's chain trigger also sucks balls. That's one thing they improved in NGS, but it wasn't exactly difficult to do.

That's what multi weapon is for, as ghetto as it sounds to weld a rod and a spear together, the only issue with that is getting multi-attack type augs to help build your gear around if your really that adamant of a min maxer, though they are doing more to fix that by making more multi stat augs. A great combo for what your describing is also multiweapon knuckles and boots, it makes you a tech monk. They should think about when you do things like multing jets boots with other weapons it also applies the element application jet boots have to the other part of the multiweapon combo.

Stop making these threads to bait people into giving you a reason to post your ugly, friendless gremlin.

What the hell did they do to pso? Pso2 is fucking shit since 2012.

Attached: 1652386953936.jpg (1024x1276, 150.33K)