Make a 3D Sonic game with mostly positive reception

>make a 3D Sonic game with mostly positive reception
>has a massive cult following compared to other titles
>chao garden alone carries the game for some
>make constant flops ever since
>just back-to-back rushed and lazily-made games
>don't bother to make a sequel to the one game that universally liked
>not even a remaster which would be easy money

I just don't understand Sega. If something worked, why not go back to it instead of doing constant experimental failures?

Attached: file.png (1500x1881, 2.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n2hTAn6348k
youtube.com/watch?v=8PUqr1PsZp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sonic 06 is Adventure 3.

I know that's how it started development, but it became something else.
Also no Chao Garden, so it's not Adventure

Arent you forgetting about Heroes? 06 is Adventure 4.

no chao garden also bad game

Because when they tried to milk the formula, they soiled the franchise for good. They're not going back to something that echoes to this day.

Attached: 1628305161339.png (607x766, 522.8K)

Yeah it was a comepletely botched return to Adventure gameplay. However, they unknowingly gave themselves another chance because, in their hubris, they decided to call it Sonic the Hedgehog instead.

06 is not Adventure 3.

Unleashed is Adventure 3; it was specifically made as Adventure 3, but they changed the title during development because Sega considered "Sonic Adventure is an old series" and thought wouldn't attract the younger players.

Ok, but why the T rating?

Attached: EH5wWz0VAAA2M9Q.jpg (958x1267, 100.62K)

Sonic Team does not have the talent or competence to deliver a good Sonic Adventure 3. All that making SA3 would do is severely disappoint people and put the idea of ever doing another sonic adventure permanently in the trash bin. Sonic Team could have the greatest idea ever for a game but they would spoil the execution regardless.
You must trust in classickino to carry this franchise now.

It's still called World Adventure in JP retard. It plays nothing like the dreamcast games either way.

I think Heroes was the last Sonic game that generated legitimate hype from fans and main stream gaming outlets. I remember seeing the first screen shots in May 2003 and thinking how cool it was to have a sonic game that resembled the genesis games but in 3D. I liked it and by only real complain was the last of enemy variety.

Sonic 06 was literally called "Sonic Adventure 3", cope and dilate.

If anyone’s watched this, what are your thoughts on it?

youtu.be/n2hTAn6348k

Attached: 6F4B899E-C26B-44E4-B67D-89BEA074B266.jpg (1280x720, 108.96K)

I still think 90s era had more global iconism. "Massive cult" is kinda an oxymoron

That being said, no one at SEGA made SA1/2. Those devs are all dead, just like the classic and even boost devs at this point. Literally all of them are gone now.

Attached: 1653690117006.jpg (700x607, 58.05K)

Listen, as long as s06 doesn’t have adventure or 3 in its name, it’ll never truly be sa3, funny thing is that can’t be said for sonic 4

Despite your Any Forumsshit headcanon, they literally went on record to say Unleashed was developed as Adventure 3.

Cope.

Attached: xrgdt7qqi2t71.jpg (640x518, 64.88K)

If anyone has dreams, I suggest you check out sonic venture, it seems to be a pretty good attempt at bringing back the adventure formula

I got a couple minutes into the story explanation and it became to cringe for me, and I wasn't too into it before then. This video is much better.
youtube.com/watch?v=8PUqr1PsZp0

why is sonic cursed to have perpetual shit releases

implied sex with amy about halfway into the game. i think there's some slight gore when chadow offs tails, too.

Team Dark's story carries on some elements from Adventure 2's story, but the gameplay and structure are nothing like Adventure. If Heroes is Adventure 3 then Shadow is Adventure 4.