Wants to ban freeze entirely as it's uncompetitive

>wants to ban freeze entirely as it's uncompetitive

Thoughts?

Attached: download (2).png (225x225, 10.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smogon.com/forums/threads/freeze-clause.3702722/
smogon.com/forums/threads/re-king’s-rock-and-other-“luck-items”.3682896/page-5#post-8934109
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1586922909-p1wayot17io69eklmqvyoohplo6um7ipw
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1579448838-5mtwfzw0a2axxivezcc7e1dd0w10ddwpw
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1580076283
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1582252399
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe you should ask Any Forums because I don't give two shits

lmao who cares, it's pokemon

who

Based. Official Pokemon PVP is a shitshow, SmoGODS always know right.

Attached: DhoTR7oU8AArHfI.png (1072x1168, 358.96K)

People actually play pokemon? I just masturbate to them.

Attached: 1653892860035.png (1280x1280, 798.7K)

>I don't care
>replies anyways

Attached: 1653255882153.gif (498x387, 1.2M)

if fucking driftblim can make it onto a winning team then that's far more variety than you'll ever find on sh*wdown

isn't freeze already banned? like any other bullshit ailment

FPBP

No there's a clause that only can be frozen, they want to ban it entirely because of trolls and unlikely events they get frozen.
They'll still keep in other shit though.

No status effects are banned. Sleep only has a clause where you can only have on Pokemon sleeping on your team at once.

cares. bitch.

Their website their rules, good for them
However I do think they're trying to morph what is a very luck-based "competetive" game into something its not. what about flinching or paralysis? what about crits? what about shit like sleep powder or hypnosis?
I could also be getting baited by a retarded faggot OP and the actual story is they're banning a specific move/build that has a higher than normal chance of freezing

Whats 2020-2022 looking like?

>something it's not
Showdown is pretty popular and fun. Why not?

Smogon has been retarded for as long as I can remember. I think I offically stopped paying attention to these idiots when they banned Swagger.

I hope this is ironic. Competitive Pokemon in general is an joke. It's imbalanced as all hell. The only reason to even bother would be tournament prizes/fame which Smogon isn't associated with. Are you telling me people seriously commit to what if effectively playground rules for no incentive aside imaginary smogon points?

>make the ice type even worse
You can’t be serious

Imagine playing fucking Pokemon competitively
Half the game is RPS of whether your specific team is well equipped to beat your opponent's specific team.

Based.

Yes people usually play video games for fun.

You do too, faggot. You'll never get paid or laid for being good at a game.

>I think I offically stopped paying attention to these idiots when they banned Swagger.
Why did they do that?

Literally no status effects are banned... You can even use infatuation abilities and moves
There is a sleep clause that makes it so only one Pokemon can be put to sleep at a time (and probably a freeze clause but idr, you rarely get to freeze more than one mon anyway)

Freeze hardly ever works anyways.

>competitive pokemon
Disgusting, even more pathetic than competitive smash bros

Swagger is broken as fuck. It raises attack which is the stat that determines how much you're hit for confusion, and gives a free confusion to many Pokemon to use on special attackers with no drawbacks.

>Imagine playing fucking Pokemon competitively
It's actually pretty great.
You mentally dominate a scrub so badly that you can accurately predict what they're gonna do before they do it. Feels amazing rubbing your metaphorical dick all over their forehead.

>>wants to ban freeze entirely as it's uncompetitive
Literally how do they enforce this? Do both people just gentlemans into not doing anything till the freeze wears off or have they spies in gamefreak who are going to remove all ice moves?

Confusion + Attack boost fucked up some wall breakers because confusion damage is based on attack.

Which is why is strange they ban it over stuff like sleep, crits, paralysis and flinch.

What competitive games should people be playing instead according to you?

2022 is pretty much sun teams and Zacian.

hi everyone, i'd like to just bring forth a minor tiering error to your attention. currently, ubers has swagger clause which was carried over from gen 6. if you aren't aware, the impetus for this ban was because of swagplay teams featuring pokemon like subswagger klefki, thundurus, and xerneas with a ditto in the back and some quick hazard stacking to cheese games. the tier consensus was controversially to ban the strategy as it was decided to be far too much of a takeaway from player autonomy.

I only look at smogon when I want to check in on what broken shit is flying around recently.

Attached: 1557014634406.jpg (347x379, 25.4K)

If you need to ban or limit half the shit in a game to make it ""competitive"" maybe you should learn to take a fucking hint and stop trying.

Attached: retard.png (327x337, 56.72K)

>banning crits
Just shut up. You clearly have no idea how competeive Pokemon works if you think banning crits is even being considered by anyone.

If you don't know why crits are important just stop typing, you're just gonna keep saying dumb shit.

play with my cock you reply spamming attentionwhore. you didnt even read my post

how do you troll with freeze?

>Switch into a Fire attack for Flash Fire boost
>Sun boosted eruptions that 1 or 2 hit even resistant Pokémon
>opponent has disconnected

>maybe you should learn to take a fucking hint and stop trying.
Showdown is pretty popular and fun. Why not?

Reminds me of Smash or TF2. At a certain point you're just banning the fun out of the game

It's a huge red flag and retarded that the whole competitive scene is managed entirely by fans, why do you care so much about it when not even Nintendo or Game freak do?

>>>reddit

Attached: 1654467219328.jpg (252x337, 52.22K)

It was only during Gen 5 and the true reason is because of Prankster swagger spam as Prankster allows you to move first if you use status moves.
Even VGC was spamming it to the point where Game Freak nerfed status as a whole the very next gen such as confusion now only having a 33% chance of hitting yourself instead of 50%, Thunder Wave's accuracy being nerfed to 90% accuracy instead of 100%, paralysis as a whole only reducing speed by 25% instead of 50%, Burn being changed from 1/8th damage per turn to 1/16th, sleep status getting some changes to its mechanics, and so on and so forth.
They also nerfd Prankster so that Dark types are immune to Pranskter-influenced moves

and yet people are still enjoying competitive smash 20 years later. maybe stop getting mad over what other people enjoy

Showdown is fun precisely because it's made by fans and not GF.

Same reason why romhacks are more fun the official games now. Fans know how to make better Pokemon games than GF does

I legit can't fathom how Zam with body press was to much but Zacian is okay, thanks to its free attack boost it can 2 shot the sturdiest pokemon even with its shit coverage.

Attached: 1476860067239.png (1362x768, 844.59K)

Rainbow pledge doubles the chances of a move secondary effect taking place. Serene Grace also doubles the same effect. Meaning if you're an asshole you can use Ice Punch Jirachi for a 40% freeze chance

>a pokemon is good vs stall
>BANNED

Attached: 1605836194279.gif (480x480, 428.92K)

It's retarded. Other rules can be enforced via gentlemen's agreement, you can't just eliminate freeze entirely on an unmodded game cartridge. At that point, why not just make it so Paralysis only slows down the opponent instead of the 25% chance of stopping them entirely?

Smogon is played on the Showdown simulator, so they could just code it out.

just ban jirachi

HERE"S THE ACTUAL THREAD

OP IS A FAGGOT

HERE"S THE ACTUAL THREAD

OP IS A FAGGOT

HERE"S THE ACTUAL THREAD

OP IS A FAGGOT

smogon.com/forums/threads/freeze-clause.3702722/

It's literally just a proposal of implementing a rule that was in the official games at one point.

Attached: 5a4.png (680x471, 457.02K)

whats the actual story though, ice beam only has a small chance of freezing and isnt even that good vs fire or water types

Why is Paraflinch Jirachi/Togekiss ok while Rainbow Pledge, which requires Fire/Water Pledge used together as setup, isn't?

The fact that they have to make so many arbitrary rules shows that Pokemon isn't supposed to be played competitively in the first place.

competitive pokemon is like competitive tf2
retarded and shouldn't exist

Attached: ruawhimsical.png (500x500, 96.3K)

but you could always run kings rock iron head jirachi to hilarious ends, why does nobody cry about flinches?

Gen 5 as a whole was a wakeup call for them. Infinite weather wars, status going full retard with the right pokemon. And really what the hell were they thinking with a move like Scald to begin with? It hits only slightly weaker then Surf but has a thirty percent chance to burn. Why would they think making something this strong was a good idea in the first place?

Call me when they ban Stealth Rock.

>why does nobody cry about flinches?
Didn't King's Rock Cloyster get banned because some councilfag lost to it?

Run King's Rock Beatup to make people cry.

I'd love sauce on that because it's fucking hilarious

Yes.

>Pokemon competitive is bad and doesn't work!!!
Then why is showdown popular and fun, and without any P2W/grinding shit? Should I be playing YGO master duel instead and watch people play solitaire for 5 minutes straight?

Attached: 1654383316008.png (1242x1242, 742.89K)

It's funny how people love to say dumb shit like "Smogon favors stall and is completely biased in its favor"
But then want evasion clause to be removed and random crits to be disabled.

Why not?

How is different from what I said?
They want to ban freeze, or add clauses, sure it made sense in gen 1 as it made Pokemon useless but not really the came for other gens as there's no move that inflicts guaranteed freeze.

>why do you care so much about it when not even Nintendo or Game freak do?
There is an official scene and ruleset, most people just ignore it as it's built around doubles.

smogon.com/forums/threads/re-king’s-rock-and-other-“luck-items”.3682896/page-5#post-8934109

The rocks of healthy meta will never be banned. Every game must be half based around vomiting them up and keeping them on the field at all times.

Yeah so its exactly like I said OP is a baiting faggot who had to word his post in the most faggoty clickbaity way possible just for those sweet (You)s
>they just want to implement freeze clause into more gens
actual fucking nothingburger

Attached: 1631652524487.jpg (300x289, 11.41K)

Since when does PvP = Competitive?
Most people play with no rules and restrictions

no fun allowed
balance completely ruined over the sake to please compfags

I haven’t played Pokémon in ages. How can I find team and move set ideas in smogon if these moves are banned under smogon? Like where do I look so someone doesn’t censor these ideas?

>They want to ban freeze, or add clauses
lmao those are completely different things

Sure, nobody likes freeze and I hope next gen frostbite takes over freeze

But it doesn't effect you if you don't want to play Gen 8 OU, or if you just play the main game. So i'm just confused why you care so much?
You still have the actual games as well as different modes on Showdown without all those rules...

Because Freeze Clause only makes it so that only one Pokemon can be frozen on each team.
Which is something that Stadium 1 & 2 already did decades prior.

OP said they wanted to outright remove freeze entirely, which is false because he chokes on dicks.

Who gives a shit? It's just a bunch of autists. If you don't like it start your own tourney.

>start banning moves like swagger and baton pass
>don't ban outrage and draco from gen 4 when Salamence was living proof that the two moves are broken (he's mediocre without them)
>instead unban Latias who spams specs draco on 80% of sets

nahchansey

They haven't banned Heatran yet though.
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1586922909-p1wayot17io69eklmqvyoohplo6um7ipw
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1579448838-5mtwfzw0a2axxivezcc7e1dd0w10ddwpw
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1580076283
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1582252399

You don't like Gen 8 OU?

free my nigga dogars-chan

>>start banning moves like swagger
that was in gen 5. READ THE FUCKING THREAD

Freeze clause can't be enforced. There's no way there's a freeze clause.