I miss it bro's I just hope 83 is just as good

I miss it bro's I just hope 83 is just as good.

Attached: red-orchestra-2-goty-edition-goty-edition-pc-spel-steam-cover.jpg (1280x720, 633.81K)

>I miss it bro's
You can still play it bro

Vietnam got boring fast

the game was memorable because most people had bolt action rifles
automatic weapons = bad

servers are full of Russians and South Americans. They also rarely are full and supplemented with bots. Its truly not the same.

24/7 bridges

Attached: 1527050267627.jpg (443x332, 12.25K)

The main community server is full of EU people who speak english and there's always someone in the commander role. It's usually full as well so you have to wait around for empty slots.

KILL THE BOLSHEVIKS

>Grain Elevator
>Pavlov's House

Attached: 1422170965237.gif (353x234, 2.28M)

How the fuck do people enjoy 24/7 resort?

I enjoy resort

The best part about this game is finding a really fucking insane flanking spot and just shooting people in the back for 10+ killstreak

this. i've been playing it nearly every evening for the last couple of years. EU server is great. We just had an event for rising storm yesterday which was a bloodbath

>Vietnam still uses the Japanese getting burnt by the flamethrower sound from Rising storm 1

Attached: 31213231.jpg (650x960, 104.99K)

Yeah i'm looking forawrd to 83, with Tripwire out the way i'm kinda hopeful.
The whole Russia, Ukraine, NATO thing going on right now makes me even more stoked for it.

Yeah the American squad leader was a fucking horible anti-fun character to play as

i think the maps were just too open and sprawling. doesn't help that everyone just turns settings to low so you can see people who think they're hiding in the bushes

I don't know what it is about RO2 and RS1 that I like so much more than RS2. I think its might be more bolt action weapons but also the game flows much better especially because RO2 maps tend to have a good mix of CQB and openness.

Didnt 83 got cancelled?

This, there's a couple of weeks out of every year where I replay this and I noticed that this year the servers were much emptier.
Played RS once and didn't like it.

I think with the earlier games the bolt action combat made many single-enemy encounters engaging and intense.
You could be in combat with a single equally skilled player and you'd be popping in and out of cover taking shots, timing your movement inbetween each round they rechambered, counting their fired rounds and knowing when they were empty to make a killing move etc. with a fast pace of massed automaitic weapons you kill an enemy and you're onto the next

>Didnt 83 got cancelled?
not as far as anti matter has announced but they have been pretty radio silent on it for a while

Nah it's still in dev, though on the backburner while they focus on IGI i think

Pretty much yes, people just cope

i think the bolt action forces a different playstyle because if you miss you're usually fucked. the maps are more tightly packed too so you get a surprising amount of close quarters combat which is fucking brutal.
in rs2 you can run and gun much easier once you know the maps because you can spray your automatics all over the place and they're just big open jungles so you don't get many chances to bayonet americans
it might also just be because tripwire fucking ruined voip and never fixed it

Attached: gfd238.jpg (928x125, 51.41K)

there's nothing like hearing the click of an empty cartridge and knowing they have to reload so you can jump out of cover and stab them

Attached: chl654.png (432x337, 192.56K)

They put '83 on hold and moved the entire team to work on the IGI Origins project.

>Arma 4 and Red Orchestra 4 going to be Cold War gone hot
kino

Don't worry Marty has us covered this will hold us over for a while

Attached: 6858.jpg (460x215, 13.21K)

Imagine if they would have focused on 83 instead and had an open beta around about now with all the Ukrane shit going on and threats of nuclear weapons etc.
They obviously have contracts to stick to with with IGI and all that but still...