Why was earthbound a commercial failure in the US?

why was earthbound a commercial failure in the US?

Attached: earthbound_vc.jpg (1024x536, 70.65K)

it mocked the us

two reasons.
1. the marketing sucked ass
2. it was more expensive than other games because it came in a bigass box with a strategy guide because Nintendo thought Americans were too retarded to beat a JRPG without it

jrpgs are boring

Why do foreigners always project their insecurity onto Americans? We like mocking our own country too, and GTA is popular here.

gta is a britcuck franchise

Zoomers only know about this game because of Undertale

Attached: Krischan.png (224x370, 1.97K)

I never said or implied it wasn't dumbass. GTA is popular here and it mocks the US, which means Americans clearly don't care about being mocked.

Ugly looking graphics, particularly expensive, looked more childish and less epic than other Jrpgs like Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger, bad marketing campaign, released fairly late in the console's lifespan.

bro they wanted you to smell a magazine

It cost something like $80 USD in 1994. The graphics were also much worse than cheaper RPGs.

39 year old boomer here.
It's because the huge ass box took up a lot of space so retailers could only carry a few copies. It was also extremely expensive because of SNES chips were hella expensive in 1994 and the addition of a strategy guide inside.

Also Nintendo's marketings was not just non exististant, it was shit. They promoted the game with literal shit and farts. It was like Nintendo thought all kids liked stupid grunge shit like Beavis and Butthead , and Ren and Stimpey.

thats mother3
earthbound failed because it cost twice as much as an average game, seemed like a generic game (tone is a difficult attribute to sell, as opposed to graphics)

Dumb fucking boomer
I played 2/3 because of melee and brawl

>oh-oh... STINKY
that's why

All they do is obsessively pay attention to us, angrily memorize every issue we have, and then get mad that we still dominate the world in spite of all these issues.

Mother 3 didn't mock the US either. It was about modernity, and used Americana as the setting.

can confirm as I'm also a zoomerfag, they just never fucking stop worshipping this game despite its flaws
never liked this furry sim garbage anyway

Attached: 1653624842267.jpg (430x953, 115.26K)

They seriously think we get mad at basic "haha fat American burger" jokes and get mad when we clearly don't care.

Americans can't read

Wow, I didn't know they didn't make any Smash Bros games until after Undertale!

>why was earthbound a commercial failure in the US?
it wasn't good

Someone post the Nintendo Power ad. That's the reason why.

The only reason ANYONE knows about Earthbound is through Super Smash Bros.

GTA5 is the most fleshed out USA parody game and it sold like a trillion copies here.

Because it's shit.