Is diablo immortal the only case of a game where there are multiple non-gacha versions of it available to play...

Is diablo immortal the only case of a game where there are multiple non-gacha versions of it available to play? (past diablo games and other clones) Why are so many people willing to put up with the gacha system just because it's on a phone?

pic unrelated

Attached: __ak_12_girls_frontline_drawn_by_iuui__sample-c7f029cf836af95b470f26a138935f75.jpg (850x1252, 240.31K)

Vidya butts thread?

Excuse me sir, this is the vidya butts thread.

they’re called blizzcucks for a reason

Grim dawn is the best diablo on the market

ever since diablo 2 there has been a cringe "competitive ladder" subgroup of players who take diablo and diablo-like games as serious competitive games and were spending hundreds of dollars on it even back then buying hacked/duped/rare items off ebay and third party sites. this cancer metastasized into Path of Exile. and now blizzard is trying to both monetize and popularize that subgroup of players as the norm but the reality is that most diablo players/fans arent in the autistic tryhard subgroup, they're the people who maybe play through the game on a few difficulties, as a few classes, maybe farm a character or two to max and then quit. thats the average diablo fan and blizzard has missed their mark by going for the small subgroup and trying to popularize that type of gameplay to chase dollar signs but the average diablo fan just isnt going to spend thousands of dollars. they just arent. this is a game made by suits who "think they know, but they dont." diablo immortal will be the blizzard's biggest fail yet, not only financially, but reptutationally.

because blizzard

Unironically based.

Attached: meem.jpg (550x550, 297.12K)

would gachafags pay for a version of their gacha game to have all characters and equipment be realistically unlock able at the cost of the up-front fee?

>Grim dawn is the best diablo on the market
i enjioyed my playthrough of it. simple and straight foward ARPG with no cringe shop or monetization gimmicks.

>would gachafags pay for a version of their gacha game to have all characters and equipment be realistically unlock able at the cost of the up-front fee?
the thing is though most gacha games, genshin especially, are ran as a 'service' where new content is steadily rolled out over time so a pay-once-and-done monetization scheme wouldn't work.

you either pay-once and get a 'finished' game, or you pay over time if the game is constantly added to. the problem is that gambling/gacha replaced the older, more fair, but less profitable, subscription service that 'games as a service' used to do: mmorpgs, etc and in fact gachas now double dip: not only do they have the gambling gacha monetization systems, they have "battle passes" which are basically like subscriptions except you CAN play for free without it... but then you're "missing out" on rewards.

so, any game that is designed to be a gacha cant just magically be made into a pay-once-and-done game without completely changing the whole way the game was designed from the ground up. these games are designed to be monetized this way, if they werent, they'd be entirely different games.

this is also one of the reasons diablo immortal is going to fail hard. they want the games-as-a-service money but they arent going to provide enough good content to keep people engaged the way say genshin impact has. look at world of warcraft, blizzard's premiere game, they release maybe 1-2 content updates a year now. that is not going to fly in the mobile/gacha market. genshin puts out new content almost every month. blizzard is NOT going to be able to do that with diablo immortal, they dont have enough competent people to even keep wow going, let alone wow, overwatch 2, hearthstone, AND diablo immortal AND work on new games.

Last Epoch.

unfunny forced meme

I think its funny

>built in item editor
its so weird

Could be good but it needs more polish.

It's getting there, though.

Attached: tenor.gif (400x300, 1.63M)

Post it

Of course. If I had enough autism, free time and enough proxys anything I would specifically chose to spam would be considered funny by glue eaters too as it doesn't matter what the image is, whats important is its making others mad.

Excuse me sir, this is the vidya butts thread

does vidya butts make you mad user

Diablo 1 is dogshit with awful gameplay, and Diablo 2 has no content. Play through the game 3 fucking times for Le heckin epic endgame of trav runs for runes.

the original games were meant for players to go through the story a few times, maybe on a few classes, then be done. the whole autistic "diablo endgame" was always just a result of retards continuing to play the game long pass what was intended.