ITT: bad game design elements you keep seeing

>late game item/ability is completely pointless by the time you get it
>would have been extremely useful early or midgame

Attached: 1514444021501.jpg (232x185, 13.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NpOj2BwimrM
youtu.be/wC_jfxY89O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

name 37 games

Any JRPG`

>weapon degradation
Yikes

The agility shortcut in the Fremmy Slayer Cave is one of the most useless "quality of life" perks ever. By the time anyone has the 80 agility or w/e to use the shortcut they will be long since done with the Fremenik Slayer Cave.

Attached: 1654516897234.jpg (1920x1080, 385.87K)

>you can poison/stun/paralyze! Oh but not bosses though, teehee, oh and any other enemy that it may be useful on heeheehaha just trash mobs you one hit anyway hoohooheeheehahaha

Attached: watts-the-safeword-wts.gif (220x219, 364.76K)

>Wide variety of status ailments and debuffs
> maybe two of them are actually useful
> bosses are immune to most or all of them meaning the only thing that matters is raw damage
> regular enemies might be vulnerable to them but since raw damage is all that matters you end up killing the regular enemies before they can do anything

youtu.be/NpOj2BwimrM

>you can poison/stun/paralyze! Oh but not bosses
i hate this shit so much. should have known devs always cater to the dps chads

Attached: BOWLING AIMBOT ROBOT.webm (360x360, 299.4K)

Etrian got this right.

>tiered item progression where previous tier becomes worthless instantly
looking at you, valheim.

Excessive UI elements.
Game over rape.
Bullet sponge enemies in single player mode.
>ugly & annoying female characters.
>crafting.
>catering to burger sensibilities.

Attached: E62F97A1-A4CE-416C-B573-1F192D53B60F.jpg (640x769, 142.69K)

> higher difficulty just means enemies are sponges and you are tissue paper

Attached: DD7F8915-5067-4E59-9B23-A323B51386DA.gif (124x124, 143.24K)

I remember FF IV was the only one that you could use status effects on bosses, casting slow and poison on bosses was a must

>Get given a load of debuff and damage over time skills/items
>All bosses are immune

Valkyria Chronicles just upgrades the standard weapon to the next stage because no one is going to use the previous stage after you unlock the new one. Weapons that are in the same group that specialize in different things are treated as separate weapons that also upgrade

> game that has a push and pull between speed and defense.
> speed ends up being objectively better since as long as you can learn enemy moveset you won't take damage at all versus Armor that forces you to take a certain amount of damage and not even be able to chase the opponent if they move because you're too slow

Attached: 1653415183571.gif (768x432, 1.58M)

darksiders 2

that's why I love SMT, buffs/debuffs/status work just right

>Get great weapon
>It has irreparable durability
>Never use it because you don't want to lose it

>weapon degradation
>encumbrance
>inventory limits
>crafting systems
god witcher is such shit.

>grind money for gear from the new town you are in
>find the same fucking gear in the next dungeon

Is weapon degradation ever a good mechanic?

weapon degradation is great if theres a mechanic to utilize it
eg monster hunter's sharpness system

Sprint,Clamber and slide

Being able to see enemies through walls. Removes any and all challenge whatsoever.

Tutorials that show you how to move your character or the camera, and have you follow a very slow person for fuckin ever.

Just tried playing Monster Hunter World again an it's abysmal how long and how often the game tells you how to even fuckin hold forward on the left stick. Farcry Blooddragon tried to make it cute by being self-aware, but it's just fuckin annoying. I would have no problem if you could skip these, but you are never fuckin able to.

>open world exploration is key appeal but everything is already marked on your map
also quest markers and compass

>leveled equipment
Actively takes me out of the experience. Cyberpunk 2077 was beyond retarded.

TLoU1 was almost ruined for me because of that shit. There was no explanation of it either, it was bullshit.

depends how its implemented, if there are ways to mitigate it, etc
if it just ends up being a waste of time and resources, it's shit. Usually the case.

I wouldn't even call it weapon degradation in Monster Hunter. It's just a mechanic to balance weapons requiring you to invest skill points into sharpness to compensate. Except the first few games where it exist to laugh at you if you forgot to bring whetstones.

>hero of legend
>have to fucking pay for everything
>world ending apocalypse about to happen
>that'll be 500,000 gold for that sword, faggot

it literally is
if you deplete the "durability" the weapon deals no damage and you have to "repair" it

youtu.be/wC_jfxY89O4