Was it really that bad?

Attached: d1f2c15c-51c3-4dc0-bda8-9091d9e27b21.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg (970x600, 262.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DVzg50AeR40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>game about collecting coins and getting rich
>no Wario

It's not as bad as NSMBU. The level design is better and the coin run mode is genuinely fun, and the DLC packs have a lot of bite to it.

Granted, I still think it was a missed opportunity to not take the theme further by adding costumes to buy, or letting Wario get involved.

if youre a kid, no
if youre an adult, yes

this made no sense to me
if it featured wario it would've been better even if they kept everything else

It’s fine but it’s more everything outside of the actual game.
Even as a kid a knew this shit was the most Jewish thing imaginable

>even as a kid
Kill yourself zoomer

>New Super Mario Bros. TWO
>doesnt feature any locations or references to Super Mario Bros. TWO

This came out nearly 10 years ago user.

it's in fact good

No. More of the same. But having DLC was bullshit.

It was basic and made by EAD employees fresh out of university. If nothing else, the Iwata Asks section about the game hinted that Tezuka's the Good Cop to Miyamoto's Bad Cop.

No, but it's painfully mediocre for a Mario game.

I feel like the only 2D Mario that is drastically worse than any other is Lost Levels, everything else just kinda blends together.
To me, what makes a Mario game good or bad is having control over the pace. Good players should be able to go fast, new players should have a fun time going slow, fuck up either end of that and I think the game's worse off for it.
SMB1 is actually to this day my favorite because it feels good to go fast and there's no autoscrollers or anything similar, the worst it throws at you is the 2-3 water levels that exist but I could really care less. Not to say everything afterward is trash, I just see pacing as a particular strong-suit of SMB1 when compared to future games. I probably have more time in NSMBU or SMW from 100%ing them than I do from all of my replays of SMB1 combined, so I'd say those games did something right in their own regard.

kino incoming youtu.be/DVzg50AeR40

>unofficial mod
stopped watching there

Better than NSMB, NSMB Wii and Wii U.

Attached: Ian-Holm-Lord-of-the-Rings-Obituary.jpg (1280x720, 59.19K)

it's serviceable but obnoxiously safe.

Why the fuck is the image stretched out like that

It's mediocre and lazy. Reused assets, reused music, lame gimmick. This was the most cash grabby a Mario game has ever felt. NSMB Wii and U were both at least a bit more original.

It's funny, if Sega wa smart and did this exact sam thing with Sonic Mania as the base for like a decade, people would finally be happy.

Mania is sprites so it would be based.

>first world is an autumn-themed level
>hammer bros suit makes a return
If I didn't know any better I would of assumed this was made by the Newer Team

>Tezuka's the Good Cop

They're both senile has-beens. This nigger in particular sold out with Yoshi's Story and has been dragging the character through the mud ever since with shovelware from Arzest/Artoon. He doesn't understand what made Yoshi's Island good and is a broken record on repeat, rehashing ancient level designs and tropes. I actually think NSMB2 is a breath of fresh air level design wise because it's not hocking the same tiresome tricks at you since the NES days.