WoW's old PVP system

Was it fair?

Attached: honor system.jpg (501x651, 103.67K)

It was all about who was the biggest no-life. And this was back when you became only server-level famous. No social media garbage. You didn't make money being a fucking loser grinding ranks for 12 hours a day. Those were true gamer days, back when you actually wasted your life away for a title in a game that will one day cease to exist and obtain NO monetary benefit for doing so.

I don't care if it was fair. Getting into a raid group and stacking up dishonorable kills for everyone in it was hilarious.

I miss grouping with my pals and just wreaking havock on level 20s for no reason. It was so much fun because they'd cry for help and the 60s would show up. As a rogue, I could just stand my distance while the 60s searched for me. Maybe creep up and give them a SAP before slinking back off behind a tree. Hilarious to see then run around AOE'ing the place looking for you.

Yes. The more time you put in the bigger rewards you reap, competing against all other players' standing. Nothing more fair than that. If you don't have the time or social standing to make it to the top why should you ever be equal to those who do?

>Make General rank just killing people in Eastern Plaguelands
>as a Shadow Priest

competition never is but it wasn't that bad
you made most of your honor on the bonus bg weekends so as long as you're hitting those pretty well you won't really fall behind

i for no real reason would read all the drama/flamewars on seperate servers and every server, without fault, would have a group that always controls who could be the new rank 14 and would never let others in

Attached: 1653784123854.gif (301x313, 204.91K)

Yes it was unironically fun

Anyone could've made such a group. Sounds fair to me.

For me, it's mc'ing people into the lava outside mc

MMORPGs either provide good PvE or good PvP. You can't have both in the same game. It doesn't work.
WoW is not a PvP game.

I did that a lot as well. I also MC'd people on the boats into the deep water

Imagine if they never introduced battlegrounds

Attached: WarsongGulch.jpg (1024x768, 159.07K)

I wasn't a priest, but as a rogue I could basically do the same with Distract on people auto-running near edges

The best part is watching them rez and run around spamming whatever AoE they can

Nothing quite like watching a mage oom himself with AE then killing him with auto-attacks

>when you sap someone and see them waste their trinket

Attached: 1445591482011.gif (300x159, 1.55M)

Capture the flag, in MY realistic war simulator!?
Grinding towards Battlemaster was probably the most fun (and unfun) I had in this game

>Those were true gamer days, back when you actually wasted your life away for a title in a game that will one day cease to exist and obtain NO monetary benefit for doing so.

Feelbird please take me back

Anyone who wasn't a retard just botted multiple accounts AFKing AV until one of them didn't get banned I knew multiple shitters who got R14 botting with minimal monitoring.

Technically yes since each player was treated exactly the same by the system, but it was poorly designed in almost every single regard. It ended up rewarding time played rather than skill or achievement and led to abusive practices like organized "honor cartels" and account sharing for accruing more playtime than possible for a single person. In the end, there was no logic to the ranking system. Why would random assassins camping enemy outposts to slaughter inattentive adventurers (rogues ganking at flight masters) be promoted to high level leadership roles? Why does someone who just shows up to every single battle without necessarily even doing anything meaningful (battleground spam) get named to the highest rank?

>Was it fair?
it wasn't because dishonorable kills were something both sides can easily abuse the others into doing. this issue lead to the ranking system being changed time and again.
if the dishonorable kills were not abusable then a secret rank was planned to be able to obtain if you never had a single dishonorable kill but it was scrapped.

there was more issues with the system too but you wow players already know about those by now with classics release