Jeff Gerstmann is leaving Giant Bomb

Jeff Gerstmann is leaving Giant Bomb

Attached: Untitled.jpg (579x396, 55.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nKcNl3QHXGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>oh no, the lazy fat faggot who hasn't done anything worthwhile in years in his worthless dogshit website is leaving! what a huge loss for gaming!
just another nail in the rotten casket for this corpse of a site

who is even still watching it
what even is giant bomb anymore
no one gives a fuck about game reviews

Giant Bomb was already gone, but now there is nothing left. The name already had almost no value but once Jeff is out there are only zoomers left.

>(((Gerstmann)))
Oy vey

Good for him

Didn't people stop caring once some obese asshole died in his sleep?

Will he join that thing Vinny is doing or nah? Jeff + Vinny content has always been the soul of Giant Bomb to me from the very start.

Who gives a fuck

Giantbomb was never good and Jeff is a fat retarded faggot

Attached: 1588730394404.webm (1200x1200, 461.87K)

It's literally unironically over

Incorrect, the old endurance runs were fantastic,

Jeff joining Nextlander and them kicking Brad would be the best possible outcome.

I'm not sure they have the magic anymore. I've seen Nextlander and I don't think for a moment that modern day Jeff could save it with what they are producing.

So it's finally over.

Who?

Attached: CtPRY7-WEAAGWUp.jpg (640x640, 132.83K)

Anyone still clinging to the site after the mass exodus last year should have been committed for self harm

>videogamesman
Society has to collapse any time now.

giantbomb has been bad literally twice as long as when it was good

I wonder how he feels seeing the thing he created turn so bad that he has to quit it

grifters don't feel bad

who is leaving what?
i dont care

jeff is giant bomb. what the fuck does this even mean, is he finally just gonna stream old games to 100 autists like me
tried wwatching one of their vids, its like nubomb with even less chemistry somehow. all they needed to do was have jeff and vinny do endurance runs forever and the site would have been fine. instead they basically invented lets plays and then were too lazy to play a game for 30 minutes a day

Did we ever get any comment from vinny/brad/alex on why they left? It seemed kinda odd they abandoned ship without jeff leaving at the same time. Made it feel like Jeff fucked it up.
Haven't watched their shit in ages though who the fuck cares. Somehow Vinny playing FFXIV by himself is more entertaining than the last 5 or more years of GB

It's kinda obvious Jeff has been ousted since the new parent company took over. They have been doing everything online since they don't have a studio and SF is a hell hole.

Podcast was the only thing I enjoyed from them and even lately it's gotten too woke. Eventually it catches up to you and your the old white dude who the suits don't think is marketable anymore.

he's a faggot for letting the website get into the state it's in and kowtowing to ideological zealots.

Kaboom.

Does big Jeffrey have enough money to retire?

Sad that the whole new direction didn't work out but the last year or so has been fucking awful, even worse than it was before. Bakalar is annoying without someone keeping him in check and voidburger is too autistic to have a good stream with anyone but her partner

The reviewer from gamespot who gave a sponsered game a bad review and then got kicked off as they had another reviewer review with a better score.

Brought interest to the internet about how game developers buy good reviews.

Probably same exact reason as Jeff, but Jeff can wait longer while sucking money dry before having to extend the contract.

>Did we ever get any comment from vinny/brad/alex on why they left? It seemed kinda odd they abandoned ship without jeff leaving at the same time. Made it feel like Jeff fucked it up.

He technically owned the site and probably decided to put himself and his family before his crew financially so they bailed, Vinny definitely had a "I understand why he's doing it, but I don't have to like it." vibe when it came to the whole thing.

Jeff should have at least some cash-money from his company getting bought out twice.

To be fair he hasn't been able to do shit with the company. They've been passed off so many times at this point, and have been given almost no budget for any projects. He's referenced this in his streams a few times now. Absolutely not surprised he's leaving at this point.

Giant Bomb in its current phase is a husk. Jeff is the only entertaining one left on the podcast. Jan is actually a nice guy, but he has no comedic timing. Bakalar is fine as long as he has someone like Jeff or Vinny to bounce off of. But Jess; holy shit Jess is a fucking comedy black hole. She brings nothing. She makes Abby look like a queen of comedy.

Is it really surprising?

Attached: Giantbomb-cover-scaled.jpg (2560x3508, 1.38M)

>kowtowing to ideological zealots.
Yes, the liberal politics did it. Everything in the world exists to feed my tribalistic nihilistic world view.
Before Giant Bomb used to be a neo nazi site but then that cuck jew lover nigger man liberal Jeff Gerstmann made it liberal ew

Master Gerstmann… thank you… good luck to you in your future endeavours… thank you…

End of the site, then. Fucking Jason is now the most senior staff member.

It's never been clear but there's obviously some tension there, they straight up avoid each other even when they did crossover stuff

GET WOKE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE

Attached: 1420202795774.png (519x529, 149.54K)

Did they ever get accustomed to their new office?

The most depressing website saga I've ever seen.

it didnt get re-reviewed

giantbomb used to be a website about video games, not about what twitter freaks like yourself thought. your stawmanning just makes you look like a retard

Jeff has probably like 200k or more of video game shit, let alone the one of a kind things.
Not to mention

There is no office anymore.

It really is, I can't feel bad for them because they did everything possible to make it turn out this way.

I had honestly not listened to their podcast in years or watched their youtube vids in ages. But i get reccomended occasionally and notice their views have really dropped off hard. Lucky they were getting a salary huh.

He got kicked off Gamespot, made Giantbomb and both were bought out/ parent owned by CBS. Fucking weird.

It's just baffling when you look at shit like Dan's psychotic stream where he has half his house as some wacky gameshow and a full company under CBS and that red shithole just sits on a couch for a couple hours every friday and phones in a podcast

Gerstmann doesn’t even talk the original crew anymore right. I got that feeling after they all left and barely mentioned Jeff. Giant Bomb has been dead for a half a decade but this really is the end

GiantBomb died when Ryan died. Everything I've seen since has been clips on here.
I'll always remember the good old days of "no no no, don't shake za baby!".

Attached: Wasser,_Ed_(2).jpg (275x183, 5.31K)

Who cares? The only good thing to ever come out of giantbomb were some canuck fans who had their own thing for a few years.

e celeb garbage.

Yep I am a twitter boogey man because I don't agree with you.
You never listened to the podcast back in the day if you think they were all social progressives. Get the hitler cock out of your mouth and do some growing up you pathetic little boy

I found it weird that people kept watching at all after Dan left seeing as he was the only person left who just wanted to do stupid stuff and play video games.

not videogames

Look at the top, they're smiling without doing the soi face. Do you remember pictures where people smiled and not tried to do the most extreme expression that would break your jaw? It's nice to see it again.

Dismantling a Bomb series soon

I can't believe Mega64 is one of the only decent vidya podcasts still around.

>GiantBomb died when Ryan died
Nah. They did plenty of great content. It died around half a year before Dan joined.

One moment I liked about Dead Giant Bomb were the GOTY discussions where Dan was able to finally defeat Ultra Final Boss Brad

never visited that site. Only reason I know this guy is because he worked at Gamespot. Didn't he give Twilight Princess an 8.8 and Nintendo fags started flipping out? That was some funny shit.

i listened to arrow pointing down on release, and gave up on the website finally in 2016. frankly you can have whatever dogshit opinion you want, and I never said it was a right wing website. the truth is they talked about games and avoided politics. now its the same as every other faggot website that claims to be vidya but talks about literally everything but

unironically take your meds

I don't think even Dan gets many viewers or anything on his stream. Feels like the "old-guard" videogameguys are not popular since they didn't want to make the jump to streaming until it was too late. I don't blame them, it must be soulless to cater to zoomers.

I tend to agree, you can say what you want but Dan was carrying the site on his shoulders while their was absolutely no good content elsewhere on the site. It's crazy they got away with basically producing nothing for so long

Abby was funny and cute and I miss her, I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's what I think

Do you guys think he will continue to work in the industry? I sort of doubt it.

>The man who literally invented the lets play.
>Instead of doing literally anything to capitalize on this success, sits on his ass for the next 10 years.
I can't tell if Jeff is a lazy retard or if he secretly won the whole game. He managed to coast on pure inertia for over a decade off the backs of his delusional paypigs. He probably has a decent nest egg after being bought multiple times, and he didn't even have to lift a finger.

In hindsight giving 8.8 to TP was kinda generous and makes it even more funny.

Are there any other decent videogame podcasts? I tried to listen to the MinMax after people recommended it but it was not great. I also sometimes listen to Watch out for Fireballs, but they can be insufferable if/when they pivot into politics.

lol shut the fuck up

>thinking this is the reason

Attached: 1652223015580.jpg (374x409, 29.47K)

Not surprising at all which should tell you everything about GB's current state.

abby looked like a troll and knew nothing about anything. just a pampered new york jewess that demanded people respect her uninformed opinions

What provoked this reaction?

I think your opinion of Abby should be LOWER

Dan brought an incredible amount of fun to the podcast and such.

Can you link some of your personal favorite bits?

>To be fair he hasn't been able to do shit with the company
oh please, GB being dogshit has never had anything to do with budget and everything to do with them being both incompetent and lazy
how many fucking series they just fucking stopped doing that required 0 budget like game tapes? how many of their latest series have been anything but a 0 effort let's play since Dan left? how many times have they hired people who went on to create absolutely nothing of value to the website? whose idea was it to make the website some dogshit zoomer content aggregator that doesn't even have anything to do with video games?
if you gave the industry connections that they have to any other youtuber or twitchfag in the world I guarantee you 100 out of 100 times you'd get better and more quality content that they have ever put out

So you haven't listened to anything yet you know it is all just twitter tranny politics? Seriously just shut up.
I stopped watching around the same time you say you did, and even at that time Brad was pissed about Trump every week.
I don't give a shit about patheticBomb, I'm just cruitizing your immature piss pants neo nazi male karen posting

What did Abby do after getting not-fired?

At least he got rich. The guys 4 Player Podcast which pioneered streamers are still nobodies

t. assblasted troon

Kyle Bosman is the only boomer streamer I watch consistently anymore. Nextlander is comfy but they don't put out stuff I'm interested in watching that often.

Easy Allies is unironically more watchable than giant bomb but they are both shit right now

Insert Credit for Tim Rogers mostly but their show format is also interesting

Triple Click can be good too if it's an interesting topic

>Will be the final group of friends playing video games together in 2025
>None of them leave or squabble over money or creative differences

Maybe mega 64 will still be together too

Attached: the_runaway_guys.jpg (900x675, 58.8K)

So are you but we love you anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=nKcNl3QHXGY

Attached: jeffgerstmann-481187482944692224-img1.jpg (768x1024, 96.66K)

It took me a long time to actually start to like Dan, but once he left it was clear that it was the beginning of the end.

I stopped listening to video game podcasts two years ago because there's just no way to get what I want.
Either they don't know enough, or they bring politics into it, or they don't like the genres I like or whatever.

i never said it was a right wing website, are you a bot? are you even replying to the post you clicked on? fuck off retard
Brad talking about trump was always a joke, because he was the worst of all the members and somehow got forced to be the show host

pretty funny how comparable other old timers have all moved on, and then there are guys like mega 64 somehow still making content with energy. DSP and mega 64 outlive fucking giantbomb lmao

is that faggot bitch still there

She was sometimes cute, but she tried too hard to fit in before talking. She should have unironically lurked more before posting.

I like voidburger on her own but man she was terrible with Jeff, it was obvious how much she pissed him off lol

tomorrow:
Hey Jeff can you explain why you wanted to tank your show by hiring Abby?

She writes for G4 I guess

>her
>she
>she

ncs is fucking disgusting

Is pic related consider an old timer who adapted since he is like 36 but made the switch from let’s plays/recorded videos to streaming

The only giant bomb content that I've watched was all systems Goku

>Did we ever get any comment from vinny/brad/alex on why they left?
They didn't like how Jeff wanted to pivot the site.

Around the time:
>Jeff talked a lot about how many regrets he has about being in on letsplays day one and fucking missing it because they didn't like doing them constantly
>Also talked about how the site was in hindsight a bad break because they got in on streaming before it took off and by the time twitch started gaining momentum they stuck with their own site due to the viewers being there, when twitch would be better in the long run
>Said the same regarding youtube and running their own video service early on and swapping late
>In general thinks they took on a lot of operating costs and kept paying them after they could have moved over and gained more popularity then swapped too late to get in "early"
>Talked big about wanting to experiment - collab more, more personality focus, commit to working from home permanently, etc.
>Nextlander guys indicated they left over differences in what they wanted to do
Since then NL have hyped up their patreon model a lot and GB has kinda floundered losing average viewers on YouTube and twitch. I hear their podcast sponsors have changed too which might be bad?

So basically GB has probably been sinkimg in revenue given jeff was down on their expenditure over the years and it seems the pivot he tried failed

Abby was responsible for making what should have been the comfiest year for GOTY podcasts, 2017, into the most tedious slog in the history of the site. I'd take 5 years of Brad defending Skyrim over even another year of Abby screeching about how Nier Automata literally raped her in a back alley.

Any Forums brainrot

Woke faggots and woman