My Steam Deck is ready but I don't know if I should buy it

My Steam Deck is ready but I don't know if I should buy it

Attached: 317.png (600x583, 332.15K)

Just emulate deck on your PC

I don't have a gaming PC

If you don't have an obvious need for a handheld (essentially, someone who has regular long commutes on public transportation) then you are falling for a meme. Portable gaming is a gimmick if you are just going to use it around your house

Attached: 1635986055971.jpg (641x530, 25.07K)

Don’t watch them all fall to shit in 3 years

With the AYA geek and the AYN loki coming out, the deck is going to be a dinosaur by December.

I'm gonna pick one up next april or so when they're 200 bucks.

get it to re-sell it in any case, retard

>re-sell it
Not worth it now

Help my uncle jack off a horse

You probably shouldn't. Try buying a Steam Machine, Steam Link or a Steam Controller. Valve's track record with hardware is spotty enough that you should just wait to see if they make a revised Steam Deck. Not only will it be improved, but Valve will have demonstrated a long term commitment to their hardware.

> Valve will have demonstrated a long term commitment to their hardware.
hahahaha goddamn. Good laugh, user.

but seriously, it honestly seems like they will commit to the OS, but certainly not the hardware. They're already writing off actual hardware problems as software matters, so they only have to focus on their trojan hourse OS

Let me buy it off you then. I wanna play comfy emulators.l and go through old N64 games.

All released Valve hardware is still supported. Steam Controller still gets new profiles added for example.

that's software though. As I say, they are happy to work on software, but not hardware.

I’m going to play it at work.

>(essentially, someone who has regular long commutes on public transportation)
handhelds are just comfier to play than regular consoles or pc too, though.

>buy a motherboard
>support is discontinued in 2 years
>oh no whatever shall I do
It's a PC, it doesn't matter if it gets official support or not. The drivers are out there, you can run any OS you want on it now and will be able to do so 10 years from now.

>handhelds are just comfier to play
They absolutely are not. Comfort has to do with where and how you're sitting, not what you're holding, and having a heavy and enormous handheld in your face is much more awkward than having a light and ergonomic controller in your lap. If you can't find a comfortable spot in front of your television, you need better furniture.

Sorry you fell for a meme.

dude, don't be silly. It absolutely IS more comfortable to have complete control over the game you're playing instead of having to direct yourself to a static TV. If I wanna turn around and play it, I can do so. I don't have to conform myself to where the TV is for example.

Also, let's take into account ease of use.
On a TV, we have:
>turn on TV
>press source twice for HDMI2
>wait
>turn on console/PC
>wait
>optionally, turn on pad and wait for it to connect
>play

my odin is one button and it springs me back into the game. No fuss.

>If I wanna turn around and play it, I can do so.
What the fuck does this even mean? Again, it's a gimmick. Functionality that isn't useful is a gimmick. And "conforming" yourself to where your TV is is only a problem if, again, you don't have a comfortable spot in front of the TV. This is why handhelds are popular with children, because often the parents are using the TV. I really hope this isn't you.

The most comfy spot in my house is in front of the TV. It is this way by design, because I'm not an idiot. And I don't need to bring my games with me when I go to the kitchen or bathroom, because I'm not pathetic. God you're retarded

I cancelled my preorder, personally. The fan russian roulette, the sheer size of it, the lack of a dock at that pricepoint, the fact I mostly wanted to play retro games anyway... It just wasn't worth it.

>What the fuck does this even mean?
It means if I want to physically sit elsewhere and keep playing, I can. I can face other directions, I can turn around in bed, etc etc.

user, reiterating your point as though it's gospel, even though it's your own kinda trash opinion is bad enough, but calling other people retarded on reflex just makes you look bad.