What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 715850_front.jpg (1440x2160, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0_sJPxGrFnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mogs troonsona 5 in every way.

Tales fans aren't used to good games so they didn't comprehend it

Better game than Final Dilation XVI. Cope, Squarecuck.

It was my favourite JRPG in the past 10 years

Boobs too small, I had to mod some tits into the game to make it playable.

Actually a terrible story with boring characters. I know tales games don't need to be amazing in either respect, but it's generally never this bad.

Better than Berseria and Zestiria, I liked not having literal hallways for the overworld. Its still not on the same level as the pre Xillia games. Its at least an improvement over the last two main games though.

plot shits the bed halfway, everything else is "ok"

Can't stagger or use any sort of aerial move on bosses. Characters have no charisma

It was better than the complete irredeemable shit that was Berseria and Zestiria at least.

Nothing, it was enjoyable AA propped up by nice presentation and (most) characters, most people played it, liked it and forgot about it because it was ok, and that used to be the norm
Now in the age of Youtube essayists every game needs to be dissected, analyzed, compared, reevaluated and all this faggotry
There was absolutely nothing wrong with this game
Nobody obsesses over it but its detractors apparently

Attached: images.jpg (678x452, 23.27K)

>got an award
nothing?

disjointed story

Too clunky. They can’t make a good game.

Not much. It's not Phantasia or Abyss, maybe not even Symphonia or Destiny DC but still better than most Tales games. And among the best JRPGs released since like 2010.
Keep trying though. Some people don't look at stuff like Steam reviews where only people who actually played the game can comment on it (90% positive, almost 17k reviews), so they may believe a seether like you that the game is bad.

Attached: toa wtf.jpg (1920x1080, 435.07K)

The particle effects are insane. Combat has like zero visibility. No thought whatsoever was given to the notion that visual clarity might kind of be important.

youtube.com/watch?v=0_sJPxGrFnI

Everything was a sponge. Story sucks. Characters suck. Skits suck.
It was pretty good until the second area. In the third one you get your full party and realize it won't be getting any better. By the fifth one I dropped it. Good thing I've learned not to spend money on tales games.

Kisara bunda

>Phantasia and Abyss as the high watermark of the series
I don't disagree but those aren't the typical picks. Why?

I can't believe after reaching the high point with Berseria they decided to take a huge shit on everything.

What a disappointment, Berseria really must have been a fluke for them.
Its perfect in every way, and instead of making a new game with super interesting characters and skits they replace them with boring stale fucking characters.

Attached: 1638542104016.jpg (595x842, 66.51K)

pretty much this i really don't get the hate for berseria

Tales has a writing problem, and they've had it for a decade
The games with widely agreed upon 'good' stories were either the brainchild of a programmer that was fleshed out by a writer (Phantasia, Destiny), or were done entirely by a freelance writer (Abyss, Symphonia)
The 'writer's room' thing they've been doing has ended up making weird, overwrought stories with weird twists where they've cut too much from the core, like fucking FE:Fates
Maltran's magic sword being a standout example, that got totally dropped in two minutes.
Berseria cribbed Abyss in the extreme but at least they picked a good story to copy lmao

Those are just my two favourite Tales games.
Ironically, Phantasia (PSX) has probably the best characters, dialogues, interactions and skits in the series. Also, no other Tales game has party designs on ToP's level.
Abyss has arguably the best story. At the very least some unpredictable big things happen in it. The characters aren't bad either. Although characters are one thing Tales as a series usually does right, unlike gameplay and story.

They thought that a new combat style would compensate for a lack of story.
That happens... if you're not making a JRPG.