Been considering building a gaming PC. What are some things I should know about how they play vs consoles

Been considering building a gaming PC. What are some things I should know about how they play vs consoles

Attached: high-gaming-pc[1].jpg (1200x800, 158.74K)

LG does not have Anti-Glare coating, you'll go blind with their screens, pick Asus.

PC has cheat engine. Consoles dont.

Attached: 64785373456754.jpg (1080x607, 48.41K)

whats that

Turns any game ito a walking sim

I dont understand

Use pcpartpicker.com to make sure your parts go together. Any Forums has a daily thread for pc building with part recommendations. You don't have to over spend on the most expensive parts to get your worth out of PC gaming. look up reviews of the cpu, gpu and cases you are considering, psu if you're trying to save money on this part. I have more specific info but it might be too much if you have never built a pc before.

This

>how they play vs consoles
Better.

>how they play vs consoles
More games, cheaper games, more customizable games, games look better and you can play them with any device you want

I'm thinking of going i5 12400 and 3060 Ti. Any tips? I also plan to use the PC for video editing but as of now all my stuff is 1080p. I might graduate to 4K in the future

I've been using a 3060ti for 1440p stuff, both gaming and editing with no problems but I think 4k would be rough to handle.

>. I might graduate to 4K in the future
You might need a 3080 for proper native 4k gaming. I have a 3070 and it falls short in some games, I guess due to the lack of memory

oh my bad I was talking about the video editing. maybe I typed it in a confusing way. all my video material right now is 1080p, I may graduate to 4K videos down the line but for now its all 1080p

what horse shit is this?
I'm in a bright as fuck room with a LG ultrawide and never have issues.

and I was gonna get a 1440p 144 hz monitor

If you can't wait a little while you can get a 4060/4070 instead

12400 is fine for gaming. If you're going to be rendering video often though 12600 would render stuff faster. I don't know how much using gpu acceleration would speed that process up but a 3060ti should be good for it too. 12th gen intel has ddr4 or 5 ram available which depends on the motherboard you get. drr4 is cheaper right still and easier to get but ddr4 gen is over. Keep that in mind when you make that decision if you want to upgrade your pc down the line by changing the motherboard because a future motherboard will only have ddr5.

will a 3060 last me for the duration of the ps5/sex era?, I mostly play at 1080p

>don’t play pc for 2 days
>switch on pc
>LOL WINDOWS UPDATE
>LOL GONNA TAKE 3 HOURS JUST TO DOWNLOAS AND INSTALL OH ANS DONT FORGET TO RESET YOUR PC AFTERWARDS
>happens every fucjing week

Yeah I get consoles do it too. But they aren’t as frequent or ass backwards.

>he has shit internet

yes but I would really try to get a 3060 Ti if you can. It sometimes can be really cheap and you're gonna see a much better card

Just get Ryzen 5 5600G it has Graphicscard already in the Chip, im playing even minecraft 24/7 on it and its running fine on my 50 Bucks AsRock Mobo

Nicker I’m on 1gb virgin fibre optic.

Say that to my face and not online and you’ll see that it arrived faster online because your ass is slow.

Ive never had a Windows update take longer that 30 seconds at most on my rig.

Meanwhile it took an hour to set up my PS5 for some retarded reason and then like 4 hours to download Forbidden West like nigger I ordered a physical PS5 for a reason get outta here with this digital shit

Attached: 1634316521980.jpg (1920x1080, 875.78K)

>Say that to my face and not online and you’ll see that it arrived faster online because your ass is slow.
made me kek. I surrender

>What are some things I should know about how they play vs consoles
These days?
Barely any difference in terms of general use.

You usually create an online account to the online market stores of your choice (versus only having one choice on consoles), then purchase shit on your account, download them and press "Play". Things are automated and very straight forward; saves and stuff are stored in the cloud and synced across all your devices with the same service installed.

The biggest difference really is the sheer magnitude of freedom when it comes optimization and customization options. Like said, you can acquire games from several different sources, even in physical form if you purchase old enough software.
Things like adjusting graphical quality to match your own standards for acceptable performance and visuals are a thing you will be doing a lot, after which it's gonna be hard to go back to the blurry 30fps lagfest on consoles.

You are usually free to use any controller device you desire; KB+M will be superior choice for most stuff, but you may also use ANY gamepad or other input device you desire. Wanna play CS:Go with Wii wagglan nunchucks? Go right ahead.

Amount of games: YES.
Seriously, a very mediocre modern gaming PC instantly has access to 50+ years of gaming history. The idea of "generations" is very blurry; you can buy a 3k USD computer and use it to play nothing but late-1970s' arcade hits, try out one of the thousands of DooM's mods, or see how far you can push that legendary Crysis before your machine melts.
Vidya's generally not only way more plentiful than on any other system, but way cheaper on average. Even day-1 games tend to be 10-20 bucks cheaper, and I've gotten some upcoming smash hits a day or two before release for 50-75% cheaper than average just by Googling for alternative shops.
And that's not even touching upon all the experiences the endless mods can bring you.

tl;dr: prepare to be overwhelmed by FREEDOM.

Attached: pc master race renders 2020.jpg (1024x752, 356.81K)

>tl;dr: prepare to be overwhelmed by FREEDOM.
t. american

>i ordered PS5
>I.MUST.CONSOOOM
>I.NEED.SHINY.NEW.THINGS even when PS4 still runs fine
Based

not were im from, the 3060ti is just too expensive and sometimes theres a 150 dollars difference.

the rx 6600 (non xt) is pretty cheap here, is that a viable option for 1080p for the next 5 years?

Imagine writing an Essay for some random ass Nig on the Internet
Imagine being this austistic

>I'm thinking of going i5 12400 and 3060 Ti
You'll be more than "fine" for some years to come.
I'm still using the ancient i7-2600K (from 2011) and GTX 1060 6gb, and do everything from streaming and video-editing at 1080p / 60fps.

If you got the money, grab intel i7. Will probs last you a whole decade.

Attached: 20220602222730_2.jpg (1920x1200, 399.43K)

My PS4 sounded like a jew engine taking off. And my PS5 does look fucking fresh I like it. Its as huge as my PC though

>t. american
Amerimutts are not "free" on any kind of metric, dear gullible individual.

t. Finn-fag.

Attached: E_AN5uLWEAQKQms.jpg (3508x3508, 705.03K)

>imagine being an illiterate ADHD scitzo with nothing to say.

Attached: 1558876249236.jpg (500x462, 55.05K)

cringe