Kingdom Hearts

How "complicated" would you Kingdom Hearts as a series is?

Attached: Kingdom Hearts is not that complicated.png (486x243, 281.09K)

>Complicated
No.
>Convoluted
Yes.

This. Honestly it's confusing from the outset but playing it pretty much spells it out.
It doesn't help that the games try and be mysterious like the Roxas intro and people go "WTF IS GOING ON?" when that's the intended point. Not saying Story after KH2 is good but still, people are stupid

Care to rephrase?

People aren't stupid, they just convey their point poorly and the autistic KH fandom is bad at understanding social interactions.

The games are written like shit, paced poorly, constantly undermine their own narratives despite spending so much time on them, and prioritize cheap twists and turns over catharsis. There's ridiculously specific bylaws to the way things work for no reason other than to pretend the writing has meaningful twists and mysteries. It's really bad. Joe Blow calls thus confusing or complicated because he's not a semantics obsessed autist.

How "complicated" would you say Kingdom Hearts as a series is?***

>complicated
Light and darkness, body, soul, and mind
>convoluted
Time travel, data and heart-less versions of characters becoming "real people", the entire mobile game pre-saga bullshit, rehashes of KH1 as whole games that are relevant to the plot

Remember when audience signs were good?

Attached: 1628889205498.jpg (241x268, 9.6K)

The narrative is straightforward though. Like go ahead name one thing that isn't directly spelled out in game that is important to the plot

I'm still not 100% clear on the mobile shit but that's fine

Attached: chrome_e3NJGfTLn2.jpg (764x593, 124.61K)

Thanks for proving my point by asking me to refute something I never said was an issue. It's the same deal with Trails and FF13. Nobody actually has a hard time understanding the point. They're just annoyed by the layers of cruft and overly specific rules designed for weak narrative beats and payoffs. It's just the way people talk. They say it's confusing or they don't get it but they don't have anything they misunderstand. They just have trouble articulating that they don't get why it's handled so poorly and wastes so much time on empty bullshit.

You're asking me to point to something that nobody actually thinks exists.

Except people literally still asks questions like why are Heartless called Heartless when they have hearts

Then they are stupid if they can't fucking express themselves and can't understand it. I'm with you on the quality but that wasn't the point i originally made.

I always assumed the security at the shows would check banners for swearing or unrelated content but I guess I was wrong.

That's not a question. That's a statement in the form of a question. That is someone saying "That's fucking stupid" but opening up social avenues for jokes, similar points of conversation or (if it actually has a good reason they aren't aware of) an explanation.

You're just autistic, user. "Why are they called nobodies if they're the bodies?" is not an inability to comprehend, it's an expression of how dumb someone thinks the naming convention is.

>"It's on them that I'm so hyper literal that I engage with the wording instead of what they're trying to say. I am NOT retarded for hounding on that point instead of either recognizing what they mean or trying to figure it out if it escapes my grasp."

How do you even function in real life?

No its people genuinely wondering the subreddit is filled with people earnestly asking

Ok stupid, keep having a meltdown and making excuses for thousands being filtered by a poorly written mickey mouse game and projecting onto others.

Attached: 1654208540566.gif (552x486, 2.37M)

It is people's fault for not using the correct wording. Because poorly written is not interchangeable for complicated or convoluted. Hell complicated isn't even a descriptor of quality.

>"You're hyperfocused on semantics, not what people are saying."
>"Actually [argues semantics]."
Jesus Christ.
Yes, there are retarded children out there who actually get confused. The majority of people who complain are saying that the faux-complexity of the narrative mechanics is detrimental to enjoying the games. Holy fucking shit.

Then don't say fucking complicated you idiot. Use the correct words or stop being an idiot angry that people just assume your part of the idiots instead of people complaining about quality. This is on the level of people who post the misspelled copy-pasta about how people can fill in the misspelled words via context so stop getting mad at them typing like pre-schoolers.

Calling something convoluted is just an excuse mentally lazy use for not understanding complex and complicated things.