Does this game ever start becoming fun or did I just waste $15?

Does this game ever start becoming fun or did I just waste $15?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 264.23K)

how about you keep playing and find out yourself retarded zoomer

should've gotten endless ocean for wii instead

Attached: 51g+j6U2Q1L.jpg (357x500, 47.28K)

You'll build a base at its peak, like minecraft but limited, and make a submarine, that's it. Pretty wasted

>omg crafting!
>omg exploration!
>omg diverse life!
>omg thalassophobia!
>omg resource finding!
>omg le spooky caves!
>omg sci-fi!
>omg minimalist story!
>omg inventory management!
>omg base building!

I can't tell if I'm just getting older and not enjoying games in general as much or if this game is just boring. It feels like underwater No Man's Sky.

Attached: 5b5cc01b1ecf2e71c151cea30d23d7d52c4d0f56.png (968x832, 14.66K)

Actually, because I'm not a zoomer, I don't have half of my day to waste playing shitty games. I want to make sure the games I do get time to play are actually worth it. I know this sort of time management is outside the bounds of your understanding since you, the actual zoomer, get to spend your entire evening gaming everyday when schools lets out and only taking a quick tendie break when mom calls your name from the kitchen.

Is there actually cool shit to explore? I'm just stuck near this escape pod and have seen everything the area has to offer. Am I supposed to venture out farther at some point or is the game going to push me out there?

t. salty wagecuck

>underwater nms
I will now buy your game

>stuck
no
>venture out
yes
>push me
no

I am for older than you, and I enjoyed it.

If deep water doesn't primally freak you out, then I'm pretty sure you'll get absolutely nothing out of Subnautica.

why would I play a game that truly freaks me out? that’s like going out at night in some nigger neighborhoods because it’s so thrilling

Safe shallows is kind of boring yeah since it doesn’t really do anything special. There’s some really cool biomes as you go deeper.

If you do not enjoy it in the first ten minutes you will not like it. Seems that you have shit taste, user. Great game, very soulful.

Attached: 1654263166510.jpg (852x762, 50.85K)

i'm the one who keeps making elite dangerous threads and I share your same sentiment.

I was about to buy no man's sky and this is on the list too, because elite lacks most of these gameplay elements and these games seem to fix that.

is the magic just gone?

Any good games with underwater settings? Only memorable ones I can recall are
Ecco
Subnautica 1
Soma
Tried subnautica 2 but got extremely bored after 2 hours

it might just be the survival loop from pretty much every indie game is extremely played out by now

i haven't played any of the survival loop games because I've been stuck in eve for 10 years; rust/etc.
feels like it's too late now, nobody plays them anymore.
i want my time back from eve

>find crap
>build crap
>find slightly better crap
>build slightly better crap
repeat. its minecraft with better graphics.

You're free to go almost anywhere in the crater as soon as you start, you'll be softwalled by things like how deep you can go because you need to surface for air, or lethal radiation, but youll uncover solutions to that as you go on.
There are some quests you'll get that take you around but you can discover that stuff for yourself early.
It has my least favorite type of crafting system but its so braindead that it is just annoying and not obtrusive.
If you don't feel like dealing with any of that just play the game in "creative mode" which makes you invulnerable, have infinite resources, and unlock all the plans at the start of the game.
You can still play the missions and quests, you just won't get any achievements, assuming you give a shit.
But if an exploration based game with mild crafting doesn't appeal to you then this definitely isn't the game for you.

isnt rust just a survival loop game? but online with an actual development team who arent retarded

well you can always go back playing call of duty and madden

I'm just sick of the cookie cutter crafting/resource survival shit. That's great that you find enjoyment cycling through inventories for hours, but a lot of us like actually having fun when we play video games.

I think it's very good for one blind playthrough.

i mean if you havent even played any of the others its worth it just to see how they function, rust was probably the most impactful game in the genre so it'll likely feel like familiar territory, a bunch of them are single player so it's not like you can 'miss out' on anything

You're fucking retarded user.