Why do WoW players have such a hate boner for this game...

Why do WoW players have such a hate boner for this game? If WoW truly was still king then you would have no reason to care about it, right?

Also, I’m thinking about trying it. What are some things I should know going in?

Attached: 17A615E6-9EAC-4774-BC4A-85A11AB3FC0D.jpg (1160x752, 166.97K)

first 70 hours are absolute horseshit, if you have enough patience you'll get to heavensward which is pretty good

Attached: JODER.jpg (900x663, 79.08K)

there's is also no reason not to pick the free trial too, you're just wasting money if you don't

ARR is not nearly as bad as people say.

kys tranny

Are these “trannies” in the room with us right now?

FFXIVsisters started it by shilling their game like crazy on the board, sledging WoW for no reason and sucking eceleb cock non-stop for MONTHS and when the WoW guys finally respond they're suddenly seething and jealous of FFXIV? Fucking deranged.

No one gives a shit about FFXIV, its on life support after an awful expansion that flopped. WoW has better combat, PvE, PvP, music, story and zones, so naturally it wins. + more players and less weebshit.

No one wants to sit through an awful 70 hour slog of a campaign.

This might actually be good bait if you didn’t say story. 2/10 apply yourself

No it's not
It's more dogshit fetch quests
It never gets good you weebs just have no standards

What’s so bad about it? I heard it’s mostly world building which I honestly don’t have a problem with, even if the story is bland I like exploring a new world that’s explained well. How long until I get to a snow area? I love snow areas

I felt like it was the same shit from ARR all the way up to the end of EW.
Fetch quests and piss-easy kill 1 or 2 mobs here and there.
I get it's an MMO but XIV offers no freedom of choice in terms of dialogue options. There are no branching pathways in the story. It's linear all the way through. Getting the option to be sarcastic or get answers wrong changes nothing.
My biggest gripe isn't even story-related though.
Jobs have absolutely no customization. It's the most linear shit in any MMO I've played. You can't choose which skills to go with, you just get an optimal rotation and if you fuck it up you lose damage. That's it. Materia are stat changes, not gameplay changes.
How can you stand this shit? Puts me off of raiding cause every new set of gear loses value each update. In the end it's just for glamour.
I don't know man. Titles, Mounts, Glamour... These 3 things are pretty much the only things you actually get to keep for your efforts.
It doesn't help it's all time-gated with tribe quests and tomestones. If I'm paying for a live service why in the fuck is this game gatekeeping me from doing stuff?
Fuck that shit, man.

Attached: 1559544489422.jpg (253x420, 24.77K)

shadowbringers feels like a whole different game compared to arr

you don't get to do nothing until you're like lv15, usually they throw you a bone for putting up with the slow pacing, but you really need to have some big patience to put up with it

With how MMOs are played nowadays with everyone just chasing a meta and optimal character build, I honestly find the fact that there’s no class customization to be refreshing because it 1. Allows the rotations to be actually complex while still being consistent, especially for melee classes and 2. Makes balancing a complete breeze for the devs and that can be seen with how extremely close every class is in terms of damage to the point where it really more comes down the more skilled players end up doing more damage even if they are playing a weaker class

WoW has a terrible story ATM but its still better than FFXIV lol. 100s of hours of unskippable bloat and poorly animated unvoiced cutscenes is not a good story

>unskippable
Not only can you skip 99% of cutscenes you also have the option to just boost past it all.
Make valid criticisms if you want anyone to take you seriously

the quests never get better
Sure you get DUDE BLOWDARTS or other dumb mini games every 50 quests now but nothing is ever designed to actually slow progress or force the player to interact with others
while I never had an issue with ARR I can fully see why people think that "it gets better after 80 hours" is a lie when the bulk of the game is doing single player fetch quests with no real risk or reward besides more reading

>Muh customization and non-linearity
Irrelevant, XIV story and gameplay are still great

Ughhh the story mode was horrible it felt like a soulless wow clone.

I’m just done with mmos

Why ffxiv having a bad start at the eyes of people but ffxi having a shit start is kino?

Attached: 1991919282882.jpg (566x541, 29.83K)

If you told me I could only take one path to walk with no deviation and I had to walk through it every day, do you know what would happen? My mind would get used to it and go numb from the moment I start walking to when I reach my destination.
If you told me I could take different paths or skip it and take a hike short-cut instead I might consider which I wanna go with. Maybe some days I like taking that hike and save myself some time for a bit more effort.
The point is, XIV is the first scenario. That is absolutely fucking boring. You're telling me skill is what decides how much damage you do in XIV since the rotations are so linear, but to tell you the truth that is total bullshit. It's all muscle memory after a while. I got all jobs to 90 and learned their rotations. It gets old. It really does. There should be different builds for each job that players can enjoy doing. I know this won't happen since they're enabled to be lazy by the community as a whole, but your argument glorifies a system that they still somehow manage to fuck up. They have been struggling with balance for a long time despite the linear nature of every job.
Blue mage is the only real MMO job XIV shows off, and you can't even fucking use it while running dailies.

But wow have no story

XIV's community is comprised of shit eaters.
You people are genuinely the worst thing about this game. You enable them to get away with this bland and boring approach to a fucking live service you have to pay for to play.
Shameless.

Attached: 1580414146368.png (346x402, 259.02K)

I mean this are how mmo are. Theres no way back, user.

Attached: 1642447651917.png (2070x1442, 1.33M)

thats because anyone that plays mmo's in general need to be lined up to the wall and shot
And im including fps as well.

Anyone can learn a rotation, the fun is trying to execute it as efficiently as you can which I am sure you haven’t done and are just LARPing. And what the fuck do you mean they struggled for balance? I have never seen another MMO with its classes so close in damage potential that everything is 100% viable if you play it well enough

Because I'm not railroaded into anything in XI and playing like shit means I die and lose exp
XIV feels like a pretend game

Sadly for the perfect balance, theres no difference on jobs, all of them share a same tool with other jobs with a different name and with that 2 min burst

Thats because you're an idiot

You NEED to use a wiki to play ffxi wich is the SAME shit as a mark on where to go on ffxiv. If you think otherwise you havent played ffxi or are just delusional

>The fun is trying to execute it as efficiently as you can
If you seriously have trouble executing the rotation after you've been playing for a long time, you might be genuinely stupid.
The game has a clear intended rotation for each job. All you have to do is read what they do and after fucking around with it there's no way you don't get a good idea of what it is. Even if you don't want to learn on your own, there's videos everywhere explaining how to do it and why.
XIV's jobs are samey as fuck. You claim they're fun to "learn" but once you get the song for each shitty job down it's the same shit every fight.
You're a prime example of what an XIV drone does when faced with clear criticism of this game.
Wake the fuck up already. This game is lazy as fuck. It doesn't even reward you for your efforts in the long-run. The recent Ultimate weapons look fucking horrible. They could have done soooo much more with them and you can see the fucking Pixels on them. God damn does that look like they're trying to you?

Attached: 1573410412249.jpg (406x364, 38.06K)

Nice argument. Lmao
I thought you were talking seriously but i guess you were only shitposting

Then they dump you into Stormblood, which is shit

Were talking about rotations here, not utility or CDs which I agree are similar. Rotations are the actual fun of playing a class and all of them are different and require being able to juggle different things. If you disagree with that then you have not played the game beyond level 50

Attached: 1621221989034.gif (320x218, 1.55M)

>wowdrones

Only the first half is bad as mhiggers suck

The last hour of the ARR main quest is when it gets good. But its seriously like 80 hours to get there. Also don't be afraid to tank. I held off leveling my Tanks until I had everything capped at 60 on the Free Trial and I regret it, they're pretty easy at least up to 60. There's a shitload to do as well, I'm still on the FT and have been playing since last July. The game is great, enjoy it.

Oh and Gridania best city.

Attached: benis.png (691x358, 71.95K)

And that’s the point of easily letting you play every single class on one character. Bored of one classes rotation? Try out a new one. Don’t bother trying to claim that the classes are all the same because they just aren’t. You MIGHT have an argument for tanks being similar but that’s it. Stop LARPing

Classic.
I'm sure no XIVtard has ever used that shitty argument before.
WoW sucks decaying asshole.
I never bothered with it.
I have played XIV for a good amount of time and I only say these things because I've played the game.
How about you try and make real argument, you fucking troglodyte? Oh that's right.
You have only insults to sling cause you know all of this criticism stands on it's own.

I prefer OSRS and ESO to either of those 2.

>But its seriously like 80 hours to get there.
Were you like walking everywhere or just pressing 1 ability? How the fuck you were so slow. Arr is like 40hrs at most