Now that Summer Games Fest has been confirmed a flop, when can we next expect to start seeing some actual nextgen games?

Now that Summer Games Fest has been confirmed a flop, when can we next expect to start seeing some actual nextgen games?

Attached: Screenshot_20220606-112651_Twitter.jpg (1080x1549, 639.28K)

Based Keighley. Keep seething.

What the fuck happened to gaming? Its like Covid just ended everything and pushed it all back by years.

>announced games
sweet, I'm really looking forward to

He's just saying that because ALF couldn't make it this year

>Stop the pipeline for 0.5-1.5 years
>Everything is either cancelled or taking extra long
Whaaaaaat???

kek

Me too, but don't forget

>Stop the pipeline for 0.5-1.5 years
what do you mean stop the pipeline? all of these people were working remotely from home in a hyper efficient manner
theres no reason to ever go back to the office now

They weren't, when the pandemic started scrambling on what to do. It wasn't like there a wfh pipeline ready to go the next day.

It is just that realistic graphics have caused development cycles to take 4 to 7 years. Development cycles taking too long are what caused this drought.

A lot of companies (this is not exclusive to game dev) simply did not have the resources to actually transition to remote work effectively at all.

Phil Spencer said the real covid disruptions would start hitting in '21 and '22 and he seemed pretty on point about that.

>those delays because some employees had really shitty upload speeds
heh

When are the other shows?

Nobody with an opinion worth a damn cares about """nextgen"""

Why did covid make such a huge impact on game industry? I work in Programming in the medical device industry and it made almost no difference to us at all.

Of course, there's also

For Japanese companies it was literally an issue of their work stations being so fucking old remoting into them wasn't easy and not reliable.

Given how cheap some western companies are its possible a few had similar issues.

What a bunch of bullshit. Modern game engines practically make the graphics for you. There's indie games with more soul and content that don't have the $100Million+ budget and man-power that don't take as long to make.

What a bunch of bullshit you are saying. You know nothing about game development.

So you're telling me the countless of basement devs with vids titled "X character in Unreal Engine" can slap on "realistic graphics" from freely available assets online and make it look decent. But it takes a team of professionals years to accomplish something slightly better looking?

Indies vs AAA studios is a speed boat vs a tanker.