Choose one

Choose one

Attached: 148.png (875x464, 77.73K)

after a certain point of enemy HP the axe is a straight upgrade

Is it though? The sword is going to get enemies to the 10% threshold in a quarter of the time.

>78 KB, 875x464)
training sword duh

It's not. Learn some basic math, please

With the information we have the sword is the only logical choice.

samefag

sword
red is sword damage, blue is axe assuming it kills at 10% at the first hit
health on x axis

Attached: file.png (596x370, 10.85K)

shit, I wrote that backwards, blue is sword, axe is red

Axe falls off way too hard as hp increases. If it was only slightly worse, sure Id use it, but it just a trashfire as is.

>looks really cool
The sword is cooler

It is though. levels of HP are going to be so big, that the difference between 250 - 69 damage will be negligible.

In that case, having a culling effect that can proc each hit will literally kill the boss *for* you.

Imagine a thousand hp.

The sword does it in 4 seconds, but the axe does it in (1000-1000*0.1) = 13.0434782609 = 13 seconds.

It works here.

But if you have trillions of HP you need to cleave through, something something math I don't know how to do about the extra HP the sword has to go through won't be faster than the axe getting to the 10% cutoff and doing the last 10% instantly.

You just need enough HP for the axe's culling effect to become viable.

It depends on the scope of how much HP the enemy can have. If you're messing around with hundreds to millions, it'll probably not worth to get the axe.

And that is if we assume the weapons have to do the work all by themselves.

The axe's effect says, "50% to finish targets that are below 10% in one hit." That means a target can be below that threshold before yo uactually start hacking, in which case, one swing is enough.

Besides,

you look cool as shit. Virgin sword user vs. chad axe.

Damn I'm messed up, I really meant what I wrote originally. Sword is better.

This is incorrect, the sword is better in all cases. If you DO encounter the ultra raid boss with 1 trillion HP, that means the sword will take 4 billion seconds, and the axe will take 14 billion seconds. The sword will have killed the boss LONG before the axe even approaches the 10% instakill point. In fact, the sword wins before the axe even hits 2/3rds HP. Also stop reddit spacing.

axe looks cool therefore axe
swordsissies do not >> me

>does the math for the low HP enemy
>doesn't do the math for the high HP enemy
Hmm...

This has to be bait, right? There is no way someone is this retarded.

Attached: 1651505548083.png (914x978, 1M)

If you're going to list "looks really cool" as a positive, you should pick an axe that actually looks cool.

unarmed

Attached: Alex.Louis.Armstrong.full.3582947.png (1228x1637, 2.57M)

>50% chance to instakill targets below 10% health
I choose to kill the designer

You have to be pretending, there's no way you aren't

>boss has such high defense that both weapons deal 1 damage to it
what now swordfags
the sword is almost always superior

Take the axe because it's from EoTN so it's clearly moddable, so I will be able to make it usable for a Conjure Fire Seven Weapons Stance build.

Axechads will never win.