Pathfinder: WotR vs. Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Pillars 2 vs. WotR - which is the better game? I wanna commit to a long ass cRPG but can't really make this choice.

I like the visuals and the theme a bit more in WotR, but I'm new to the mechanics and it seems way too overwhelming for a new player. Also, the actual combat mechanics and stats seem much better done in Pillars.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31.46K)

She is a miracle of the universe and best girl.

Attached: camellia4.jpg (1000x1000, 744.87K)

The IP owner.

Attached: 1640779023839.png (1063x991, 764.75K)

The people they hire.

Attached: 1644549194699.png (1806x495, 73.61K)

Play both games intros and stick with whichever one gets you more invested during its prologue

Just play both and stop being a fag.

They are both woke garbage and you're a mentally ill coomer that seems unable to care about videogames unless you make them all about worshiping women.

Die.

Attached: Sips Lann's Cum.png (259x262, 135.75K)

People will just cry globohomo and woke trash but if you want actual reason why to pick one or the other...

I'd say go with deadfire, because it's less heavy on the learning curve. You can just pick a class a go with it, the optimal way of playing pathfinder is mixing shit from different classes, some people like it, I think an alchemist/monk/rogue is retarded because why would you have classes if you can just be anything at the same time, thou that's just me.

Pathfinder system requires a bit more of time investment to learn. I know they are very old and might be off putting to try because of graphics but I'd recommend to try baldurs gate first if you are going to attempt to go for Pathfinder.

played and finished both games, both are fine, but I liked pathfinder much more, story and mechanics-wise

While I wouldn't complain if they all died in a fire I'm not gonna stop myself from having fun in the meantime if the rest of the game is good. I'm here to goom not have political crusades. I'm certain PoE2 is also pozzed can't escape that shit

If I had more time, money, and context switching ability I would invest less in researching beforehand. But I don't like to give up on things after like 10 hours because that seems wasted, and don't wanna throw that much cash at games I wouldn't like

Maybe I'll "play both" but definitely not this year lel

>and don't wanna throw that much cash at games I wouldn't like
Do I have news for you

Attached: 1631979026827.jpg (761x783, 149.57K)

They both want one thing.

Attached: 1628027098956.jpg (2160x1200, 370.23K)

I did play Pillars 1 way before and liked it. Everyone seems to agree that Pillars 2 is a massive improvement over already good systems so idk I'd probably like it. I wanna see if Wrath is even better however

The writing is a total downgrade though from the get go. I couldn't handle even the start of the game and I have heard it reaches monumental levels of cringe later on.

both are woke trash. If you love trannies play pathfinder. Otherwise pillars

seconded, here's your answer op

based faggot

>Everyone seems to agree that Pillars 2 is a massive improvement
maybe reddit does. 2 is shit

you are just retarded

Owlcat (WotR devs) are Russians. Russians are the cancer. Hence pillars win by default.

>Pillars 2 vs. WotR
literally this

Attached: based.jpg (1024x559, 52.11K)

you are just illiterate. If you think 2 is better you obviously did not read a word

>Everyone seems to agree that Pillars 2 is a massive improvement
In your fucking dreams, it killed the franchise

I love Russia so you can fuck off

But it is an improvement

no it isn't

You can't have writing as bad as Pillars 2 has in an RPG without killing it.