Give me some Games with the feel of this movie? Or just pitch your top gun video game ideas?

Give me some Games with the feel of this movie? Or just pitch your top gun video game ideas?

Attached: 1654527432806.jpg (900x900, 97.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlkIujqaV5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can't wait to go die for the oligarchs

Just put in some good ol american patriotism and you got your top gun game.

Attached: 550x685.jpg (550x685, 75.93K)

They just released movie tie-in DLC for Ace Combat 7

a game about glorifying outdated technology and methodology and living in the corpse of the past, unwilling and unable to adapt to a changing environment?

sounds like 40k

>Actual good strong healthy father like relationship bonding
>patriotism
>teamwork
>No woke forced SJW shit

Actual KINO

also play any ace combat game and you got your top gun game

>grown man cant escape the shadow of his dead father
>one of the best pilots in the world but apparently cant focus on the mission because MY DAD IS DEAD WAHHH!!!
>just does whatever another older man tells him to do because he knew his dad 30 years ago
>doesnt integrate his shadow and become a fully realized individual
>plays sidekick to a 60 year old
rooster is a pathetic human being and a failure of a man
this movie has a garbage message. its no better than modern star wars.

They actually released some Top Gun Maverick dlc for Ace Combat 7.

I want a game about piloting a fighter plane but you are also a ninja and can jump from plane to plane slicing dudes away. At some point an enemy fighter transforms into a mecha and you have to fight it in space.

If you think that rooster hates maverick just because of his father's death, then you didn't understand a single thing that happened during the entire movie.

Also spoilers

he doesn't play sidekick to anyone, in the end, he not only could do a impossible task and finish the mission but also managed to save maverick from imminent death by making a choice on his own, he not only managed to live up to his father's reputation but also made his own and earned the respect from maverick that also had to make a extremely hard choice to include him in the mission.

VTOL VR
DCS World
Project Wingman

i havent seen it but i doubt dcs will feel like any movie

the way the movie is structured it would have to be something paced like old Rainbow Six where you extensively plan your approach before you actually go do it. there are definitely enough tactics elements there:
>missile stations that can only target you if you are above a certain elevation
>enemy jets that will dogfight you
>team members with different tasks and strengths
>flight formations
>different types of planes for different purposes
>observation drones
>carriers you can maneuver along a coast to launch and land your planes
>experimental high speed jets (bombers? recon?) that can't be shot down because they're just too damn fast, but very expensive

the main problem with making a game feel like a Top Gun movie is that in the movie the viewer doesn't have to do any thinking really, so a tactics game could be a culture shock to the typical Top Gun fan. plus you can barely tell a "cinematic, human story" outside of cutscenes if your gameplay cameras are a satellite view (planning the missions and positioning the non-playable entities like the carrier and drones) and a first person cockpit view (training and the actual missions).

also not sure if Tom Cruise would want to voice act in a video game. without him the whole thing is a non-starter.

>grown man cant escape the shadow of his dead father
>one of the best pilots in the world but apparently cant focus on the mission because MY DAD IS DEAD WAHHH!!!
understandable in context

>just does whatever another older man tells him to do because he knew his dad 30 years ago
it was implied that Maverick was around quite a bit while he was growing up. he was a sort of surrogate father to him, and the closest thing to a father figure he ever had.

>doesnt integrate his shadow and become a fully realized individual
sounds like MBTI psychobabble. stop believing in astrology.

>plays sidekick to a 60 year old
a young, unproven pilot plays sidekick to a veteran legendary pilot.

>If you think that rooster hates maverick just because of his father's death
I didnt say that

>but also managed to save maverick from imminent death by making a choice on his own
> he not only managed to live up to his father's reputation but also made his own and earned the respect from maverick
yeah thats the whole problem

he couldnt let go of the past. his dad died like 30 years ago, why is he still holding onto that grief as an adult? why does he give a fuck about what maverick thinks?

it makes sense for maverick to sacrifice himself to save rooster because he was trying to save the next generation from the grief he created.

instead of letting go of that grief, rooster chose to sacrifice himself to save maverick, then he just does whatever maverick says and their plot armor ensures they both survive

this movie is telling a terrible moral. it glorifies living in the past, not accepting any sacrifices, and stagnation.

>a young, unproven pilot plays sidekick to a veteran legendary pilot.
rooster is a graduate of top gun. that makes him one of the BEST PILOTS IN THE WORLD thats the whole point of the academy

its not a high school for pilots its meant to determine the best of the best

Land that plane, if you're so great.

youtube.com/watch?v=qlkIujqaV5E

Attached: sogreat.jpg (480x360, 14.77K)

Project Wingman

>has a garbage message
>because rooster
>top gun MAVERICK

capeshit fags really

Does it though? The only reason they actually survive is due to hangman saving the day.

>its not a high school for pilots its meant to determine the best of the best
who apparently have LITTLE TO NO REAL COMBAT EXPERIENCE. they are the best of the best of their generation, but they haven't been in a war. compared to a proven fighter pilot like Maverick they aren't shit. this is made very clear in the movie by Maverick himself as he is teaching them about their blind spots.

In space.

Attached: Freespace 2 - FrontBox.jpg (450x561, 86.22K)

maverick only had 5 kills throughout his whole career
shooting down enemy planes is not a regular part of the job, its mostly recon work and bombing runs

Freespace 2 is too good for this thread.