Before we start learning more about XVI, what are your thoughts on the last Final Fantasy, XV?

Before we start learning more about XVI, what are your thoughts on the last Final Fantasy, XV?

Attached: ffxv-cover.jpg (1200x675, 182.67K)

Shit game from a shit series

FF15 i's the best Final Fantasy game since FF9

Mediocre.

Masterpiece

Had promise but didn't deliver, has some special moments that are completely overshadowed by how shit the rest of the game was. If the entire game had half of the effort in it that the final campfire scene had, we'd be living in a different world.

Delivered with the great party and the amazing gameplay.
Easily the most enjoyable Final Fantasy played on PS4

Its a shitty movie.

Attached: Balan Wonderworld.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Honestly kinda crap

Really needed a sequel to tie up loose ends

No video game story should end with a fucking book

It's a great openworld game

The DLC should've been there at launch. Prompto needed a mute button. When it's good it's great, but most of the game is really dull until all the plot is dumped on you in the last few chapters.

Most of FF games can be beaten with Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack. It's not a DMC game so it doesn't need DMC combat.

>most of the game is really dull until all the plot is dumped on you in the last few chapters.
FF15 might have the weirdest fucking pacing I've ever experienced in a game. It shows very very clear signs of development hell.

>it doesn't need gameplay
FFXV-kun everyone.

It's a pretty good game
After all

it needed dozens of patches fixing bugs, adding content and outright giving you an option to not play the shit version of the penultimate chapter, and then a re-release that had an exclusive chapter after the previously penultimate chapter so that the ending was actually paced well this go around
and it needed the character dlc episodes (you had to pay for) to make sense of several nonsensical plotholes in the overarching narrative. the game still doesn't fucking integrate them into the main story or give you a prompt, you just have to know beforehand when is the best moment to start playing them on your first playthrough
on top of all of that, it has a combat system that is all style no substance
but yeah if you can forgive all of that it's kinda good

Attached: 1639681464353.jpg (1292x721, 161.36K)

Unfinished garbage. The one shot kill ring that invalidates the stealth section at the end of the game has to be one of the most embarrassing additions to a game I think I've ever seen.

If you want a laugh try playing this game unpatched.

Just played and finished it the first time last week. Enjoyable cast and setting. Combat was pretty shit, and the story was a dumpster fire by chapter 10. Why do writers feel the need so often these days to complicate things at the end? 15’s plot would’ve been more enjoyable if it was just Noctis becoming King. Why the time skip, why did nobody do shit for ten years, is everyone dead? The villains motives also was completely unclear. Combat needed more “punch”, just felt like you were always just holding attack or block. Wasn’t the most fun combat. Mid of the road FF game.

Final Fantasy 15 is basically the greatest Final Fantasy game now

>he didn't play Royal version with DLC and Episode Ardyn
i don't blame you

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 75.79K)

FFXV was released as an unfinished product that had band-aid patches applied to it overtime. It was some of the worst in "release unfinished patch later" culture because it really was just an early access game sold as a full price game. The Royal edition with everything included still doesn't feel good enough and you can still see the completely rushed aspects of the game.
FFXV was just a very mismanaged project that might've been better to cancel than release.

Attached: 1653942456374.png (128x128, 23.38K)

Unfinished pile of shit.

Shit combat.
Didn't hate the party but only four members felt a tad small.
The levelling system was the fucking antethesis of what we do in JRPG's and if you played the game normally you'd be far too powerful to really feel anything is a threat. You'd also miss out on contextual actions.

All-in-all the game is shit and chocobos are the best thing about it, characters were fine but all the meat of the game is a slog.

This game was terrible. It had nothing good going for it aside from the really cool Summonings

Incredible great game
Final Fantasy 15 was a pretty comfy game

>24 replies
>16 posters
>only 4 posts not responding to OP
Smells like samefag in here

It's also really tonally inconsistent. When it tried to go for more serious moments, they worked, but they never lasted long enough. Outside of the ending, which genuinely impressed me.

and even then summoning was a literal random chance that you held one button to activate
it's really sad when the coolest part of a whole game is the random chance to press one button and then an epic thing happens

Bought it at launch, and it was the biggest disappointment I had ever purchased on the PS4. I could not fit all of my gripes and complaints into a single post, but I am certainly going to try.

>story itself is boring, and has massive pacing issues. before altissia it feels like a fun little road trip with the guys, but then becomes this gigantic Shyamalon garbage dump about twisted identities and surprise reveals and info we should've gotten hours ago
>the entire world of ruin is wasted potential, and it is disgusting that they learned nothing from FF6
>the overworld itself is boring and full of nothingness. enemies act as nothing more than filler, small guys are just fodder to be mowed down, while big guys are glorified set pieces
>quests are the same "grab 10 bear anuses" nonsense you'd expect in World of warcraft
>combat is trivial because you're never at risk of dying. you can just keep reviving over and over
>took a billion patches just to fix basic problems, like how you couldn't drive off road, or how easy it was to crash the Regalia in Flight mode (I don't think they ever fixed that)
>most dungeons were linear set pieces with nothing interesting in them, and were easily forgotten
>combat consisted of spamming warp strikes and insta-regenning your MP
>items were basically useless and were just filler for you to collect

I could go on and on, but the more I think about this game, the more angry I am that I'm not getting my 60 bucks back.

If you enjoying playing action jrpg games, Final Fantasy 15 is in your field.
Since it has a fun action gameplay, and a charismatic great party

It took me 6 attempts to get through this game without dropping it. I watched all the prerequisite material and played all the DLC. The main cast is enjoyable but the game itself is utter trash. It is pretty interesting to experience this shit game which feels cobbled together last minute

You know that is a horrible way to play and will get you killed by higher leveled enemies very easily right?

Barry.....

This game was the biggest ps4 surprise.
A very welcomed one

I've played this game 2 times.
And I've enjoyed playing it for more than 200 hours.
Enjoyed exploring the open world, and enjoyed the whole plot overall.
Stunning graphics and great Lore.

Hugely underrated game

Good game but I instantly quit because the story is shit and you have no magic or healing spells

Not an rpg. It’s Zelda shit.