So whatever happened to the Steam Deck? Nobody's talking about it anymore

So whatever happened to the Steam Deck? Nobody's talking about it anymore.

Attached: overview3options.png (1200x615, 208.04K)

We still don't know who it's for.

People are still getting their units

fellow after Q3 bros...how you guys coping?

Attached: 1654202946234.jpg (596x572, 52.85K)

It's just a handheld linux pc, there's not much to talk about. I have two of them and I don't have anything new to say about it.

I'm playing Elden Ring on it right now and it runs immaculately, it's crazy

Poor sales led to Valve to discontinue it

I use it to fap

people that would love to play PC games on their bed
like me
also a portable GameCube/Wii
Wii U is also possible but basically the same as playing it on the GamePad
love mine so far but it's very apparent that they have to iron out a lot of things

The shills left. And then AYA and AYN revealed much better devices so it fell into obscurity, and kind of looks like a weird, obsolete dinosaur now.

In a year's time, there will be four people on Any Forums who will bring it up the same way they do the steam controller now, claiming that it was the new paradigm in handheld PCs, and everyone else is dumb for not getting one.

it's a pc user
there's no GABETENDO DIRECT to get hyped about
you can already pretty much play everything on it, and almost everything they will announce soon, too

It's just a PC in a weird form factor. I'd expect more people to offhandedly mention it in a Linux thread than actually make Deck threads.
I'm finishing up installing Gentoo on mine right now.
>AYA and AYN revealed much better devices
No, those were also shills. And they're not out yet, so I wouldn't be making assumptions if I were you. The deck has extremely good thermals; it never actually throttles under basically any situation. I'm compiling chromium at the moment on the entire CPU and despite reporting 85 C it still only feels warm and never goes above that.

me

Attached: IMG_20220606_164037.jpg (2297x1080, 315.31K)

>so I wouldn't be making assumptions if I were you
fuck off. The deck is a dinosaur already, and your plebbit threats don't work here

Attached: 1653713322258.png (1073x988, 464.58K)

Yeah because mine's not going to be available for months. Meanwhile I ordered a PS5 from Sony and it arrived two days after I placed my order.

Attached: PS5.png (708x392, 37.68K)

The threads about it have been constantly full of shills and the artefact schizoid from day one, no wonder noone wants to make a thread about it

I hope you're right and they are competetitive. But I somehow highly doubt that as someone who has bought many chinese devices over the years.

The wait is wearing on me.

I already bought mine for 650 buckeroos because the Odin was just that good. I have a Q3 deck too, so I will see which one is better and sell the other around christmas. I doubt it's gonna be the deck though, because I am really not impressed thus far.

I'm playing with mine. Been dicking around with it everyday since I got it. It's nice and comfy to play with in bed, and I've been slowly going thru my backlog on it. I'm mostly just emulating shit on it. I just beat MGS yesterday, and I'm planning on starting MGS2 sometime later today. I'm also looking into either beating the first Shiren the Wanderer game for the millionth time, or trying out the sequel on the N64. I might do the latter, because I heard that Gamefreak had a hand in that game and there's a monster capturing mechanic.

Too busy playing it.

This.

Too busy playing mine. Not much to say when I don't really have any outstanding issues with it.