Wario Land Discussion Thread

Wario Land Discussion Thread.
Would you want a new Wario Land from modern Nintendo? Thoughts on indie successors like Pizza Tower or Antonblast?

Attached: tumblr_3d49c55ddca0b7aeffb7f42732a14b2f_765123b1_1280.jpg (1280x1193, 396.11K)

I want a properly done sequel or even remake of Wario: Master of Disguise. Video game companies never give remakes to games that need them, and this will change. Now!

Master of Disguise overhaul could be good. It's a pretty underwhelming game but it's a unique pseudo-entry in the series for it. More lackluster games need redos, I agree.

>Would you want a new Wario Land from modern Nintendo?
I think they could make something solid. What was the last game they did, Shake It? That was ok. I'd really like a new wario land in the vein of the GBC/GBA games though personally.

>Thoughts on indie successors like Pizza Tower or Antonblast?
Pizza tower is vaporware. It's falling prey to scope creep. Antonblast seems better, and actually has a demo to try. I really like how shameless they are about nods to Warioland 4 too, with the bit crushed audio, escape sequences, and all that.

Shake It was done by Good Feel, those guys who did Epic Yarn and the new Yoshis. It has some good visual direction here and there but mostly feels like a baby game to me. If there were to be a new Wario Land, I'd want old figure heads from R&D1 to take the project.

Also yeah, Pizza Tower does have an ambition issue. Antonblast being more condensed I think helps it, but I'm not too into the shamelessness of it. It iterates enough to where it doesn't bother me too much. I liked the demo a lot as a speedgame.

Psycho Waluigi is essentially Wario Land 6.

Fuck no. Current modern Nintendo would outsource it to Wayforward and make it look like plastic 3D.

Pizza Tower isn't even a Wario Land-like anymore and the dev is an idiot who spends his time shitposting all day instead of working on his game, and even when he does work on it he just changes it willynilly. It lacks a clear focus with no end goal in sight. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a jewish scam to fuel patreon indefinitely.

Antonblast looks great, a bit too derivative but at least the game has a chance of coming out since they also released Antonball.

Haven't played it, but I heard it was turning into its own thing separate from being a fangame. What's so Wario Land about it aside from the "grabbing enemies"?

Yeah, Pizza Tower lacking a set-in-stone goal is really hurting it. I'll be surprised if it ever releases fully, but being so disconnected from Wario Land now helps its individuality a bit. I think the new hud sucks dick, though.

Game and Wario is kino.

>only WarioWare game I dont have
>only game that is the highest price'd Wario game of all time
>back when I was a game collector
>back when I was buying every Wii U game because its all I had
Fuck! I'm so fucking stupid

He was robbed

Attached: DC308659-B3CA-4D4F-A241-8C20763481FF.png (841x611, 598.79K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO WARIO RANDU

YOU PRAY NEW SUPER MARIO BROS U SUPER URTRA DERUX EDITION WITH PINKU AND ORANGEU TOADU

YOU PAY SIXTY DORRAR

PRUS TIP

PRUS NINTENDO TAXU

PRUS AMIIBO

YOU PAY NOW GAIJIN PAYPIGGU

PAY NOW

NOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1596075583266.png (263x305, 159.56K)

I could never finish 2 as a kid, hated 3, and never touched 4. I was too locked into that mindset of the first Wario Land, more platforming and less puzzle solving. Been considering going back and giving 2 another go.

Attached: 1519339389072.jpg (1007x742, 125.81K)

Wario and Waluigi aren’t even featured in Super Nintendo World while everyone else is.

Attached: FBDF2012-0F95-4DDF-BB1F-DB4E8FFCAD13.png (656x437, 496.37K)

I've been playing through the Wario Land 4: Parallel World ROM hack. I think that's worth checking out

I assume that's because they're much harder to market

gritty like super mario strikers but in 2.5d
point system with getting coins under a time limit with online leaderboards for better player engagement.
a game mode that is a parody of mario maker.
a game mode that is all of the Wario Ware toy games or new versions of them.
main game includes no motion or touch gimicks whatsoever

Miyamoto is a hack

Attached: F4F9D2F1-B21F-4529-875F-597F98236C59.png (900x572, 292.56K)

>Would you want a new Wario Land from modern Nintendo?
Why wouldn't I?

No faith on them but I can give them a try. Also I am getting tired of the Anton Blast guys trying to force themselves into the WarioLand conversation just like undertale and Earthbound.

Would love a new Wario Land ame. My favorite is 4, but personally I'd like one in the vein of 3. A well done Wario Land metroidvania would be amazing. 3 suffers from having most of it's upgrades being part of Wario Land's 2 basic moveset.
Haven't been following them, I usually try to not get too excited over kickstarter projects due to how many of them fail.