New boss

>new boss
>get destroyed
>try different tactics, empty half of his life bar with a stealth attack
>still get destroyed
>check guides to exploit his weakness
>only win because of pure luck, when I try a dream boss fight I get double raped
I will never get good at this game. I'm truly a first grade shitter.

Attached: fv.jpg (1920x1080, 189.45K)

Are you a beginner or is this already several levels into the game? Did you practice with my nigga Hanbei?

>Are you a beginner
Yes
>Did you practice with my nigga Hanbei?
No

game literally has rock paper scissors combat what's wrong with you

im at lord isshin boss fight and im ready to drop the game. its not that hard, but its just not fun anymore, im done with this game. its too linear and too focused, there is nothing to do besides fight mindless monsters, its like COD but with a sword combat instead of guns. so tiresome

I just can't get used to this combat

game has one playstyle that basically forces you to learn in the Genichiro fight. if you like it, you'll enjoy the game, but if you try playing it like any other souls game, you'll get crushed.

>didn't practice with Hanbei
Go do that and at some point it will just click for you. Are you stuck on Genichiro or on some of the minibosses before that?
As I remember you can luck yourself past some miniboss encounters but eventually you will be forced to learn

you can do it user

Yeah, I even get destroyed my mobs (fuck those fat dudes) and cheesed most minibosses.
I just defeated the flaming bull but can't get rid of that spear asshole that guards the place where Kuro was.
I'll guess I'll train with Hanbei until I learn.

Thanks user

I played it for three hours, dropped it, then picked it up a year later and gave it another try at which point it clicked and I had a blast. What you are experiencing is totally normal.

Spear guy is actually pretty difficult for such an early encounter but he's not mandatory. In any case it's very common to struggle in the beginning, I was stuck on some minibosses for very long times. Genichiro took me like 2 days, after that I finally learned.
Anyway, practice a bit with Hanbei and keep going. I believe in you

>wipe the floor with Isshin every time, same for both Owl versions
>random fucking drunkard still obliterates me

Attached: 1306729718383.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

Literally parry. Thats the one thing you need to do to kill everything.

Nope. I parry everything that's parriable and get destroyed. The "just press L1 to win" meme is a fucking wrong.

You can do it user, I felt that way at first but going through on my second playthrough I've beaten almost every boss and miniboss while drunk.

Just spam it and use firecrackers for extra cheese and you've won the game
Baffles me that how some think this game is harder than any of the souls games

Don't spam parry button. Press it on time and decisively. Remember boss pattern and rhythm.

this, Sekiro is about being very deliberate with your inputs since everything is buffered

parries specifically have a gigantic window if it's your first press in a while, so mashing just makes it harder

>dude L1 will works everytime time
>non-parriable moves that every enemy has? What are those?
>guard break? What's that
I don't think you've played the game

Pic unrelated? Many Sekiro bosses can be first tried in normal playthrough, because the tactic is almost always the same: deflect, hit, deflect, hit, etc. And animations are very clear and easy to understand, without retarded delays, like in Elden Ring.

>game has one playstyle
>t. didn't beat demon of hatred

This was my experience as well. Nothing to worry about, OP. You'll get the hang of it if you persist.