Valve spent $69 Million on the Steam Controller

Attached: unknown.png (887x537, 49.92K)

that doesn't seem like a whole lot considering they make billions from csgo and tf2 alone

if they spent 69 millis on stupid ass fucking steam controller they probably spent bilion on steam deck

At the end of the day it turned i to Steam Input. Which was probably more than worth the investment.

lol 69 funni sexo number

The only reason it was discontinues was because of patent trolling because Microsoft apparently owns the concept of having buttons on the backside of a gamepad

Corsair does, and not the concept of back buttons itself, but the concept of back buttons on the battery lid.

Microsoft doesn't own the patent for that.
Buying a license for back buttons is one of the reasons why their elite controller is so expensive.

What is this?

Attached: 1448244590271.jpg (709x730, 31.02K)

The Steam Controller is underrated and the fact that it was discontinued is a travesty.

>69
O I GET IT!

I figured they'd make a second one that'd just be better than the original, so I didn't buy in when it was $5. Then they released the Steam Deck instead.

Attached: 1531312078275.jpg (786x826, 98.92K)

>used Steam Controllers are at least $100
holy fucking shit

I wish they'd spend another $69 million and make a Steam Controller 2.

and they made 69 billion

This. Using a controller on PC has never been easier than it is now thanks to Steam Input.

Steam controller was close to greatness but it felt cheap.

It basically needs to mimic the steam decks control scheme now.

I really wish I could get another one, but I broke it and threw it out. I won't pay 200$ for one, but if it was 100$ I'd seriously consider it. I hope they make a new one.

you think that's bad? used Steam Link goes for 150$ on Ebay, and unlike the Steam Controller, it's deprecated and a software solution is just as good, if not even better

>sitting next to a steam link that i use maybe once a year that I bought for a fiver

Attached: brit pepe thumb.png (700x467, 27K)

They're a privately held company though and making ridiculous bank off of Steam, so it doesn't matter at all. They can pretty much do whatever they want at this point.