It wasn't that bad

It wasn't that bad.

first time zelda user here playing through the series. just got to and beat water temple today. took 2-3 hours. overall i think it was pretty fun actually, good puzzles. the only problem i had was having to constantly switch between the boots. i actually had way more trouble with the forest temple. i got more lost, confused and frustrated in the forest temple.
loving the game though, it's excellent for the time. so far of the 3 i've played my ranking is link to the past >ocarina > nes

Attached: images - 2022-06-06T155601.026.jpg (550x413, 20.27K)

don't skip Zelda 2 wtf

Water Temple is tough for kids because it's tough to backtrack if you miss a key, which is easy to do. Having to experiment with water levels felt overwhelming to some. I'd agree it's not really more difficult than the forest temple though, which is honestly a pretty severe spike and about as hard as the game gets. Glad you're enjoying it, it's extremely soulful

Glad you like it OP, it's a great time. Did you do full playthroughs for ALttP and Zelda 1? I ask because I was going to recommend playing through Zelda 2, but if you don't like Z1 then I doubt you'd enjoy AoL much

Attached: 94061108_p0.jpg (1654x2339, 2.66M)

It's not hard, its just incredibly easy to overlook some of the key locations.

Zelda 2 is garbage and only accessible because people made guides on the internet about how to play it. Playing the game without any manual, game guide or friends who also played it was a torturous experience that most people went through in NES era.

Forest temple is so cool. It’s my absolute favorite temple in the entire series. The music, the cutscenes, the entire feeling of the temple is just perfect

Its difficulty is way overblown. You get a map, use it.

Both Water temples in oracle of ages make this temple look like child’s play. Especially jabu jabus belly.

Attached: 21D20B40-0101-4D9B-B094-42F309965422.png (1440x2384, 117.96K)

I beat Zelda 2 without a guide, you just need to talk to the townspeople

i played like 20 minutes and hated it but i know it has fans. but i think part of that was my impatience to get to lttp and ocarina. i also skipped awakening and oracles for the same reason, i was excited to get to lttp and ocarina. i might go back later on and play them. at the moment though my plan is to get through the mainline ones like majora, twilight princess, windwaker, skyward sword (if i can get emulation working for motion controls) and breath of the wild

water temple is the only good dungeon in oot because its the only one that functions like an actual maze you have to navigate. of course ootfags hate it because they hate difficulty or challenge, which is why they play oot

Literally the only shitty thing in the entire temple is that key in the middle column room where you have to raise the water level and that one block will float up and there's a small key in a chest in the hole that creates. That shit's unintuitive as fuck.

The 3DS version of OoT is great for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that you can swap boots without pausing.

people who were literal children didn't know how to read a map or to look up and see a locked door halfway through, so it became the 'difficult' dungeon due to them being retarded. Water Temple was never hard for people with functional spacial awareness.

>the only problem i had was having to constantly switch between the boots
user, this is legit the only reason people hate this temple.
Zelda 1 > OoT > MM = ALTTP > Zelda 2

Attached: forest_temple.png (640x480, 433.42K)

Same I’m a zoomer and beat LoZ and Zelda 2 without a guide last year. AoL is actually one of the best in the series. Only thing I had to look up was using the hammer to find old kabuto town.

Attached: 503B1D17-4643-417D-9131-82F81690DA14.jpg (250x334, 34.79K)

i did finish zelda 1 but i used a guide for most of it. just wanted to experience it quickly without spending days on it. only took about 5 hours. link to the past took 2 days, with a few hints from guide but mostly blind. so far i've checked guide for ocarina a couple times too, mostly for stupid shit, like i didn't know that for epona you have to stsrt the fence jumping minigame, play the epona song, get on epona, and then talk to the guy.. some things like that are just needlessly obtuse so i don't mind getting hints. i'm sort of doing a crash course on the series and don't feel like spending weeks on each game. that said i made sure to do all of water temple blind

based retard

Fun fact, the greenish brick room in Forest Temple with the block puzzle and the ladders was one of the first dungeon rooms they ever designed for the game... before Forest Temple even existed.

As a kid I always thought the Shadow Temple was the hardest because of how much shit that damages you or surprises you.

Attached: Schythes.jpg (800x600, 64.85K)

when the block rises the camera shows it happening and you can see the hole, but i guess if you aren't watching close you could miss it