MMG Games

please please someone else remember this game please

Attached: aus.png (637x261, 48.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebanana.com/mods/150710
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This mod is kicking my ass no cap frfr

Attached: celeste44.png (1920x1080, 587.8K)

Attached: celeste45.png (1920x1080, 633.78K)

Most "super crazy le difficult" Celeste mods kinda suck in my opinion. They miss the point of what makes Celeste so special, that being different approaches. If I really wanted to play some absurd pixel perfect platformer, I'd just go play IWBTG, or even Jumper, ironically.

I do. The random ghosts scare the shit out of me every time.

Agreed. I've been looking for easy mode mods, but they're usually all "intermediate" difficulty. I've given up on even getting the strawberries because I'm fighting to beat each screen.

always choose the worst fucking screens to appear on man

Attached: ausbird.jpg (696x1050, 131.28K)

The movement in Celeste fits fairly well into these super precise challenges due to the moves themselves being somewhat difficult to pull off. Practicing to consistently do ultra dashes and then getting good enough to do them in levels is satisfying. I don't think the point of Celeste is different approaches, because it's still a precision platformer, however, I do agree that it'd be nice to have more levels that focus on that.

Anyway yeah An Untitled Story and Runman were two of my favorite indie games before the dev trooned out.

Attached: celeste46.png (1920x1080, 666.26K)

I kinda get whatcha mean, no doubt still there are a lot of screens that are straightforwardly hard. But I think Celeste actually demonstrates the contrast with its A and B-sides (and C-sides of course): like, I'd probably rank 7A at a similar level of difficulty to 1B or 2B, but they're difficult in very different ways. The B-sides much more resemble Thorson's older games.

yeah Runman was fucking weird

I love Runman. It's in my top 5 indie games next to Space Funeral.

Feel like I never put in the effort to really master Runman i.e. get super fast times on every level, which was probably the point. Which is weird because I did that with the heart-gate runs in AUS and Gems in Jumper 2, but maybe that's just an intrinsic vs. extrinsic rewards kinda thing.

Yeah but I'm also not a completionist (as I said I don't even try to get all the strawberries). I'm not skilled enough at platformers or video games in general to be a completionist. I'm almost at 30k deaths in Celeste.

Attached: celeste47.png (1920x1080, 644.5K)

>it's already over
>tfw shilling an unfinished mod

Attached: celeste48.png (1920x1080, 416.51K)

I think I'm almost done with Celeste. Only like 2 or 3 interesting mods left. Didn't think I would put 100 hours in this game when I started it.

Attached: celeste49.png (1920x1080, 484.6K)

weeewwwww which mod is that? also if you haven't tried Money Seize yet, that'll definitely keep you occupied in a similar way.

gamebanana.com/mods/150710

This mod is also unfinished but whatever. They do it for free.

Attached: celeste50.png (1920x1080, 322.14K)

>Money Seize
My favourite of his. Getting all the coins is very fun, especially the secret levels.

I don't even know if the modding scene is still alive for this game.

Attached: pikmin.png (1920x1080, 525.45K)

The game has only really one but huge flaw: the tile-based collision grid doesn't match the MS Paint backgrounds which combined with the required precision jumping is absolutely fatal and sucks major ass.
Way too often you want to pixel perfectly double jump off some ledge only to end up triggering the second, mid-air jump instead because the collision grid already ended way before the background did.