The best Pokemon game, objectively

The best Pokemon game, objectively

Attached: 0EB91981-5B99-465C-B122-FECC2F6A3021.jpg (1500x1369, 283.85K)

>t. probably born in 1997-1998 and missed the golden age of pokemon

Level curve, Pokemon distribution.

only because Pokemon peaked right off the rip

Correct

the overworld companion is the only good thing Pokemon has ever did.

Yeah... about that.

Attached: a834.jpg (1280x720, 149.27K)

Sorry OP here meant to post this instead.

Attached: 1547644423506.png (256x384, 60.57K)

I will never play a pokemon game as long as I live. Not counting pokemon snap and other spin-offs

>t. someone born in 1997-1998 and thinks the age in which they were a child was the only golden age of pokemon
Every gen has issues that you will never notice when you are a kid. Started with pokemon yellow, but really got into it with sapphire. Playing sapphire and ruby with my brother, getting all my school friends together and playing gen 3, getting hype for leaf green and fire red, getting my mom to take me and my brother to go to a convention in St. Louis, winning pokemon pinball in a raffle, watching the anime, card games, movies, having a crush on May, all of that was peak pokemon and every kid gets their own golden age. That's the actual success of the series.
There is a kid who's golden age of pokemon is going to be the next game, user. They'll fuckin' love it, too.

Yup. Still play these games today. The games have only been continuously getting watered down more and more after this point, and you can't find any single complaint about these that don't apply to literally every other generation.

Debunked, debunked.

actually playing soul silver rn
just beat the lighthouse. Kinda funky level spike just happened, but it's pretty fun so far. Feels like I'm a kid again.

For me; it SOULSilver.

born in 94, loved heart gold. also no one ever gave a fuck about how shitty games were, just what all their friends were playing. autistic adults weren't seriously playing pokemon games back then, only kids who didn't know anything about game balance

unironically if modern pokemon games like sun/moon and sword/shield weren't overloaded with shitty cutscenes they'd be the best games of the series

>be from Hawaii
>think the place is beautiful and love seeing it in games
>pokemon gets Hawaiian region
>I can't get immersed because the routes are tiny and broken up by Hau just fucking screeching in my ear every two steps
Sucks, man. The best part of pokemon is the feeling of adventure. Don't know why they bog you down by having what feels like a tour guide stapled to you.

sword/shield is literally under an hour long if you take out all the unskippable cutscenes.

B/W faggots. That's why.

Anything with forced EXP share will never be the best.

>he doesn't catch every available pokemon he can before progressing to the next area
lol yeah games are short if you speedrun them, OoT can be beaten in like 10 minutes
hell pokemon blue can be beaten in 0 minutes but its still a great game
i wanna catch the pokemon don't care bout story

they genuinely cared about what they were making

Attached: 1653877793369.jpg (3345x2426, 1.97M)

If I'm turning a real critical eye to them, none of the pokemon games are all that good without multiplayer. If I had to give praise I'd say RB were the best just because of the initial concept and GS were competent sequels. The series never really evolved much outside of slightly cleaning up some mechanics and some gimmicks which had a 50:50 shot of sticking long term. When you look at them outside of the pokemon vacuum the games are actually pretty goddamn disappointing

Attached: 1634762389123.jpg (800x640, 160.66K)