Everyone says the combo execution has been severely dumbed down from previous games

>Everyone says the combo execution has been severely dumbed down from previous games
>Tried following tips and tutorials like dissecting combos into pieces, buffering inputs ect
>Still can't do G's BnBs after hours of practice
What is the true secret to combo execution?

Attached: 11307MTvkumhOsLQiA_3g0ZbFhLnHOOWVw3qR4Rum7sKAh8I3THtbG0aa-P7dF7-miXzo1ceqN897MfxYZ7Qx-GaEZs8kq4X.jpg (2048x2048, 1.42M)

The secret is doing the right inputs at the right time.

>DUDE JUST DO SHIT WITHIN A 60TH OF A SECOND WINDOW LMAO

SFV doesn't have 1f links

Oh my bad, 5 60ths of a second.

Unironically slow down. SFV has really fucked combo timings due to Capcom trying to make it “easier”, so if you try to do old-school high-speed execution it doesn’t buffer the cancels properly.

It's very easy. Think of it like a rhythm game.

>so if you try to do old-school high-speed execution
>high-speed execution
You don't really play fighting games do you?

To be specific, I'm trying to do G's C.LK -> C.LP -> DP.LK combo. It's the part where you cancel the crouching light punch into the DP light kick which trips me up. I can do DPs just fine in isolation, but when integrated into combos it's a nightmare for me.

Watch some combos and make the normals connecting like a beat in your head. You want to hit them in the exact moment between your attack landing and the opponent still recovering from the attack. Try hitting them with two medium punches in a row. If they block your attack, you were too slow. If the move doesn't come out, you are too fast. It's an exact rhythm

No that shit's simple, I'm talking combos that incorporate specials/cancels/buffering and all that bullshit.

That's normal for new players to have issues doing a DP motion off a light. Don't be discouraged.

Then why the fuck does every goddamn BnB video always start off with that shit.

I should also mention that I can seem to do DPs off a light just fine with Ryu, but with G it seems to just not work as well.

Because you're watching a BNB video and not a new player video. Combos are the easy part. You'll learn the hard way over time the same way everyone does. Do you have other questions?

Practice, practice, practice. I don't play G because I like the part where you play neutral.

I would try buffering. Start inputting the special motion as the light punch connects and hit the special button immediately after

try negative edge.

that just overcomplicates a simple issue for a newbie

Ain't work, you're making shit up
I learned about this recently and it drove me up a wall with how retarded the concept was.

>Ain't work, you're making shit up
Do this - cr.mk x hp.hado on Ryu. Learn the timing for the special cancel and take that lesson with you to every special cancel. Then learn more from there.

Yeah that worked, how come G's don't?

buy a $200 fight stick you will use for a weekend before giving up and/or going back to a regular controller

I'll boot up sfv and help you, one sec.

The biggest tip is to look at the hands of someone doing G's bnbs that you want to do. Preferably in person. You gotta find out what you're doin wrong cause it ain't hard like in 4.

I am fucking with you, I know the combo for G does exist because I saw a video of it. It's just for some reason his cancel timing is way stricter than Ryu's.

You're not going to get hit confirms off lights in a real match right away. Id skip that for now, especially if it's a dp cause if they block a dp in this game they kill you.

Kust wait for SF6, it has easy inputs.

I want transferrable skills so I can go into SF6 strong.

>I am fucking with you
Ok. So here's my advice: Learn to play you fucking noob.

Attached: fdsa.png (1511x1422, 2.41M)

That's because G's inputs are fucked for no good reason. There's 0 reason for G to have a DP motion, especially one that overlaps another special move.

here
Just picked G for the first time in my entire life and did it in one try. It's really difficult, yeah.

nobody's cancel timing is more strict than another.

maybe part of you casuals' problems with FGs is that you try to deduce what's happening with absolutely zero knowledge.

your inputs are either way too fast, way too slow, or just not being input correctly at all. youd know what was happening if you turned input display/frame data on.

>hurrrr me do motion in training
You miss the point, faggot.

Are you certain of that? Because I can do shit consistently with characters like Ryu/Ken and Sakura but G just seems to elude me.

I'll do it against warlords. I'm can play the game and I was wiling to teach you something. Apologize and I'll help your dumbass learn something.

>I'm can play
Man I'm a retard, KEK.

>"there's zero reason for G to have a DP"

holy shit you casuals are funny as fuck. Dragonpunch motion isn't reserved exclusively for a shoryuken. There are only so many motions in a fighting game and usually there are at least 3-4 specials per character. You try to fit those in without making everything circular. DP motion has been a wide range of moves in all fighting games for time. But keep talking out your ass to make yourself feel better about not landing a fucking combo.